NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would have been nice if he said this before the game.

Did your backup get all the reps in your furniture moving business while you were out?  That’s the only part of your analogy that us Chase Edmonds owners care about.

this is what fantasy football has come to 🤦🏻‍♂️

Posted Images

2 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Lesson learned...not practicing and game time decision players will never go into my lineup again. I’d rather live with the process was sound results vs. a goose or horrible performance 

DJ is going to need to practice in full for me to even think about starting him again. I’m fine with Chase going forward since it is pretty obvious he’s going to have a role. Chase will be in my lineup every week. 

13 minutes ago, MikeSRT8 said:

Anybody else nervous about a possible timeshare moving forward? Chase looked pretty damn solid...

I would be surprised if it wasn’t a 70/30 split at least after what chase has shown the last 3 games. It might bring D.J. down to a high end RB2 and chase to RB3. We’ll see next game probably. 

2 hours ago, aapox said:

I would be surprised if it wasn’t a 70/30 split at least after what chase has shown the last 3 games. It might bring D.J. down to a high end RB2 and chase to RB3. We’ll see next game probably. 

In any sort of PPR format I highly doubt that DJ leaves RB1 territory. He is still much more powerful and effective at the goalline and the superior pass catcher, being their de facto #2 WR.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, frog34 said:

In any sort of PPR format I highly doubt that DJ leaves RB1 territory. He is still much more powerful and effective at the goalline and the superior pass catcher, being their de facto #2 WR.

Agreed. Edmonds really didn't do anything special yesterday. I think he was touched once in all 3 TD runs combined. He also had 2 drops, one very bad one that bounced off his chest and should've been intercepted. He was blown up in the backfield multiple times when New York decided they finally want to play defense. His 4th quarter line was 8 rushes for -7 yards and a 12 yard catch. That being said, he hit the correct holes and has enough speed to make plays. He's just not going to do anything a normal average back can't do.

Edmonds doesn't concern me as long as DJ is fully healthy, and therein lies more the problem than Edmonds abilities. If his ankle was severe enough to make him miss this game, it's probably not going to magically be 100% next week. And Arizona has a late bye this year, so it's probably going to be a mess for a little while.

For us DJ/Edmonds owners, you'd hope to see either confident full practices this week for DJ, or no practices at all and we can assume D*&#head errrr, Kingsbury will sit him once again. I know it sounds like the same old repetitious whining, but NFL teams and coaches have to start realizing the Gambling and Fantasy communities are what keeps the NFL so popular. You start jerking us around, and we're not going to be happy. And I guarantee there were much much more people tuning in to that game for gambling implications, than to actually watch two complete crap teams play community college level football.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Everyone hit up the below beat writers to get the info out to us on both DJ and Kirk. And also the thought process behind auditioning Rb's today. More on Foster than DJ or both?

Be respectful yet forceful. Our "eyeballs" on their social media dwarfs the pure Arizona fan base and translate into dollars for their company.

They must do better!

@Cardschatter

@kentsomers

@mikejurecki

@PaulCalvisi

@wolf987FM

@Gambo987

@joshweinfuss

@Kyle_Odegard

• Haha 2

"Losing D.J. Foster late in the week in practice put us in a bind and we wanted to make sure Dave only played if we really needed him," Kingsbury said. "We were just being smart. It was a knee-based deal. Chase needed to be spelled, but we wanted to make sure Dave came (out of there) clean for later on in the season."

The Cardinals preserved Johnson on a day they had just two running backs active. Foster injured his hamstring during Thursday's practice and was ruled out by Friday, leaving Johnson and Edmonds as the only two active backs. If Foster didn't get injured there was a good chance Johnson wouldn't have played this week. 

Translation:  DJ didn’t reaggravate his injury- But was there only in an emergency capacity.  Practice reports will be key before next game.  

3 minutes ago, potatoetree said:

Cardinals working out some free agent RBs. Could signify a longer term injury... For both David johnson and the other backups (Foster) 

Likely just a depth move. I'm not concerned with it. I think David is as fine as he's going to be. Since his health problems are pretty well-known at this point it would have to be an issue with the depth.

"Losing D.J. Foster late in the week in practice put us in a bind and we wanted to make sure Dave only played if we really needed him," Kingsbury said. "We were just being smart. It was a knee-based deal. Chase needed to be spelled, but we wanted to make sure Dave came (out of there) clean for later on in the season."

It was a knee based deal??? Is that a misquote, should that be need-based?

1 minute ago, kball09 said:

It was a knee based deal??? Is that a misquote, should that be need-based?

Oh... so it was a Gurley deal

2 minutes ago, mjb said:

I own both in one league and tempted to sell. This could turn into a headache. Ajayi and Ware working out for Zona.

Same here. With how Chase has performed the last 3 weeks, I can definitely see the possibility of it turning into a timeshare/hot-hand approach. 

8 minutes ago, mjb said:

I own both in one league and tempted to sell. This could turn into a headache. Ajayi and Ware working out for Zona.

I wouldn't bet on Ajayi or Ware taking anything from DJ 2.0 this year. Just clipboard guys.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

I wouldn't bet on Ajayi or Ware taking anything from DJ 2.0 this year. Just clipboard guys.

I lean this way too. Az third stringer Foster went down Friday-  the only other viable option who knows the offense.   I don’t know that signing another rb speaks to DJs health or role much- if at all.  

Need bodies....preferably ones with NFL experience.  

Edited by Impreza178
1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

If he was active in an emergency role, you'd have to assume he's close to coming back. Basically if Edmonds got injured, DJ would have been able to play. 

makes some sense but my only issue with that is if it was only an emergency role why did they bother giving him the first carry

• Like 1