Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

The way its shaping up i see this being a 1a 1b situation with Edmonds in the far back

Yeah, because if the trend continues they won't have to rely solely on DJ. They started to get that with Edmonds before he got hurt. But the people talking about DJ losing his position in the hierarchy are crazy. They don't pay DJ the amount they do to be second fiddle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would have been nice if he said this before the game.

Did your backup get all the reps in your furniture moving business while you were out?  That’s the only part of your analogy that us Chase Edmonds owners care about.

this is what fantasy football has come to 🤦🏻‍♂️

Posted Images

I wasn’t able to watch the game tonight, but could somebody who did explain what happened here please?

 

Drake basically had a better game than DJ has all season. In his first game. Against SF’s elite D.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, atrium said:

I wasn’t able to watch the game tonight, but could somebody who did explain what happened here please?

 

Drake basically had a better game than DJ has all season. In his first game. Against SF’s elite D.

Drake looks good. Commitee going foward when DJ is back

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a good situation for DJ.

 

Their running game and offense needs to click for teams to let Cliff do what he does best, scheme. All this does is open up the field for a ton more short passes to the RBs and heavy usage either down or up in the game. But I too love a good RW overreaction like anyone, so comment along...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, atrium said:

I wasn’t able to watch the game tonight, but could somebody who did explain what happened here please?

 

Drake basically had a better game than DJ has all season. In his first game. Against SF’s elite D.

Drake has fresh legs, that’s what happened.  And SF was in a letdown spot in a short week.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

DJ will get plenty of work when he is deemed healthy. They don't pay him the big bucks to sit. If he wasn't highly talented then that would be another story. 60/40 for DJ/Drake I can see with Edmonds getting pushed to the bench for now. Or like Cleats said, using them as split backs with DJ in a receiver role.

Edited by FitzMagic
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, meverett85 said:

Any rumors on when DJ will be back?

Anyone expecting him next week?

Drake looked great.....for all the hate on the Cardinals O-line, the run game sure looked nice last night.

I think Drake can hit holes better than DJ. When DJ messed up his knee he lost that burst. He's still a great player but he's not the one he used to be between the tackles. And I think Drake is better than Edmonds. Edmonds had trouble running the ball against better defenses too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FitzMagic said:

I think Drake can hit holes better than DJ. When DJ messed up his knee he lost that burst. He's still a great player but he's not the one he used to be between the tackles. And I think Drake is better than Edmonds. Edmonds had trouble running the ball against better defenses too.

 

I suppose we can be positive and hope that w/ Drake in the lineup the Cardinals will move the ball better and have longer possessions/goal line opportunities that would potentially also benefit DJ. DJ also can stay fresh w/out having to bang up the middle....

LOL maybe I'm grasping at straws here, but what else can we do?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

DJ may have gotten his chain snatched last night.  This is not good, fellas. 

I hope if they want to go to Drake in the backfield more, they just put DJ in the slot rather than the sideline.  If Kliff is the offensive guru he's made out to be, I think he could put together some pretty cool s--- with DJ and Drake on the field at the same time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Soafanforlife said:

This is a good situation for DJ.

 

Their running game and offense needs to click for teams to let Cliff do what he does best, scheme. All this does is open up the field for a ton more short passes to the RBs and heavy usage either down or up in the game. But I too love a good RW overreaction like anyone, so comment along...

LOL, I don't own Johnson, but I used to own Chase so I would watch there games. The value of johnson was the amount of touches he would get. You can't say have a three man committee isn't going to damper Johnsons value. Johnson is basically Tevin Coleman and Drake is Brieda. Yeah he will have some nice games, but good luck on the week when he pulls a coleman like last night. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...