NBC Sports Edge Forums

Patrick Mahomes 2019 Outlook

Just now, nmartinez12443 said:

not sure why he is even doing what he is doing right now TBH seems super risky. 

This is the same genius coach who ran him into the line on a QB sneak immediately after the game announcers emphasized there would be no roll-outs or designed runs for Mahomes because of his injury.

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes

I think we can all agree that the Chiefs should shut him down for the year, and he should retire.

If your ankle is weakened and you can't maneuver through a qb sneak the way you otherwise could, who knows what kind of damage you might suffer as a result.  Bottom line: it was a stupid call on a nig

Posted Images

Everyone here must be helicopter parents. 

IF HE WASN'T FEELING WELL ENOUGH TO PRACTICE, HE WOULDN'T DO IT. 

It's obvious he feels good enough to do what he's doing. I know everyone is afraid to see him back in opponents lineups but damn, nobody was saying this s--- about Barkley. 

"He's not human zommmmggg111!!!!!1"

"What a super athlete freak he's gonna be back ahead of schedule!!!!!11!!!!"

Mahomes is just as young as Barkley. He knows his body. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Everyone here must be helicopter parents. 

IF HE WASN'T FEELING WELL ENOUGH TO PRACTICE, HE WOULDN'T DO IT. 

It's obvious he feels good enough to do what he's doing. I know everyone is afraid to see him back in opponents lineups but damn, nobody was saying this s--- about Barkley. 

"He's not human zommmmggg111!!!!!1"

"What a super athlete freak he's gonna be back ahead of schedule!!!!!11!!!!"

Mahomes is just as young as Barkley. He knows his body. 

I BEEN SKOOLED!!1!

ZOMG!!1

i don't care how well he knows his body, or how young he is, etcetcetc ..

was a damn foo' move to carry out this charade - pure bush leeg chit from KoolAid Andy. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
33 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

THANK THE HEAVENS!

still dunno why the hell they're bothering with taxing him so much much in practice, then - LET THE KID HEAL!

https://www.google.com/search?q=weekend+at+bernies+mahomes&prmd=insv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi-vu7IibjlAhWFm-AKHSC2DXMQ_AUoAXoECA8QAQ&biw=375&bih=553#imgrc=injfQFCbLVQp9M

• Haha 2
29 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

I BEEN SKOOLED!!1!

ZOMG!!1

i don't care how well he knows his body, or how young he is, etcetcetc ..

was a damn foo' move to carry out this charade - pure bush leeg chit from KoolAid Andy. 

Yes we can all agree Andy is a dumbass for running him. That doesn't change my argument though Mr. Muppet

20 minutes ago, ArtistPain said:

How do you do that?  Every time i try to post an image it says it’s too big

It has to be smaller than this:

wp3545903.jpg

Seriously, though.  Right click the image and "copy the image address" then post that link.

Edited by Bastardo!
3 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

It has to be smaller than this:

wp3545903.jpg

Seriously, though.  Right click the image and "copy the image address" then post that link.

easier than that is to just right click "copy picture" and insert it straight into the message body ... no linky needed 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, ArtistPain said:

How do you do that?  Every time i try to post an image it says it’s too big

It depends on where you post from. If on mobile, press on pic until it brings up copy option, click on copy, then at bottom right of reply box it says "Insert other media". Click, then select "Insert image from URL". Paste link, then boom you've posted your pic.

Performance pre injury + missed time due to injury = 2019 bust of the year. 

Some fool took him in the first round in my draft. I know that wasn’t the norm, but it’s still a disappointing year for anyone that paid the necessary premium to draft this guy. His ROS schedule sucks even when he does come back...

Just now, RandyShackleford said:

Performance pre injury + missed time due to injury = 2019 bust of the year. 

Some fool took him in the first round in my draft. I know that wasn’t the norm, but it’s still a disappointing year for anyone that paid the necessary premium to draft this guy. His ROS schedule sucks even when he does come back...

His schedule means nothing. He's the best in the biz and will get his no matter the opponent, it's almost preferable that he faces good teams so the pedal stays down.

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

His schedule means nothing. He's the best in the biz and will get his no matter the opponent, it's almost preferable that he faces good teams so the pedal stays down.

I get it, you probably own him and want to stay optimistic...but look at his last three full games prior to his injury game...pedestrian!

5 minutes ago, RandyShackleford said:

I get it, you probably own him and want to stay optimistic...but look at his last three full games prior to his injury game...pedestrian!

I do own him in one spot (keeper) and a best ball. The beauty of him being forced to rest is that he was playing thru a bad ankle sprain since the 2Q of WK1, also no Tyreek those games and limited Watkins. He transcends match-ups, there is no use in even thinking about that stuff.

10 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I do own him in one spot (keeper) and a best ball. The beauty of him being forced to rest is that he was playing thru a bad ankle sprain since the 2Q of WK1, also no Tyreek those games and limited Watkins. He transcends match-ups, there is no use in even thinking about that stuff.

That’s one perspective. Mine is that the league figured him/the Chiefs out. It happens with all the great QB’s. He’s firmly in that rut where the league knows how to neutralize him. Eat clock and keep the ball away...as much Reid’s fault as anyone’s...but It still hurts Mahomes prospects. 

That said, I think he’s a special talent, and will overcome...I just wouldn’t count on it in what is left of this season. 

Edited by RandyShackleford
10 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

yuuuup i'm right there with ya. Losing Hill was huge.....

6 minutes ago, RandyShackleford said:

That’s one perspective. Mine is that the league figured him/the Chiefs out. It happens with all the great QB’s. He’s firmly in that rut where the league knows how to neutralize him. Eat clock and keep the ball away...as much Reid’s fault as anyone’s...but It still hurts Mahomes prospects. 

That said, I think he’s a special talent, and will overcome...I just wouldn’t count on it in what is left of this season. 

the reason teams where able to eat clock was because mahomes wasn't healthy plus no hill and they couldn't sustain drives.

• Like 1