NBC Sports Edge Forums

Patrick Mahomes 2019 Outlook

i recall an Oakland/Denver game some 10+ years ago ... played up in Mile High, in a total blizzard. 

i had Jerry Porter that year, and i believe this was first week of the magick foosball playoffs, iirc. 

i sat him because 1)blizzard 2)on the road in a blizzard 3)Kerry Collins chucking it to Porter, in said blizzard. 

he had at least 3 (if not 4?) TDs that game. 

... and who can forget #12 chucking those 6 TDs vs the Titans back in '09, in similar blizzard-y conditions 🤷‍♂️

snow is the least worrisome weather peripheral on the spectrum ... KC gon' be just fine tomorrow on offense. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes

I think we can all agree that the Chiefs should shut him down for the year, and he should retire.

If your ankle is weakened and you can't maneuver through a qb sneak the way you otherwise could, who knows what kind of damage you might suffer as a result.  Bottom line: it was a stupid call on a nig

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i recall an Oakland/Denver game some 10+ years ago ... played up in Mile High, in a total blizzard. 

i had Jerry Porter that year, and i believe this was first week of the magick foosball playoffs, iirc. 

i sat him because 1)blizzard 2)on the road in a blizzard 3)Kerry Collins chucking it to Porter, in said blizzard. 

... and who can forget #12 chucking those 6 TDs vs the Titans back in '09, in similar blizzard-y conditions 🤷‍♂️

snow is the least worrisome weather peripheral on the spectrum ... KC gon' be just fine tomorrow on offense. 

I want to believe.  But I really don't.

23 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

I'm walfling hard on Mahomes.   I think I remember that game but I also remember a lot of games in heavy snow where barely anybody scored at all.  It's a risky call that I'm almost sure to pick wrong.  If Mahomes had been playing  like last year it'd be a no brainer but he really hasn't played that well. Only 1 game over 20 fantasy points in the past 8 games.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dawgpound1985 said:

I'm walfling hard on Mahomes.   I think I remember that game but I also remember a lot of games in heavy snow where barely anybody scored at all.  It's a risky call that I'm almost sure to pick wrong.  If Mahomes had been playing  like last year it'd be a no brainer but he really hasn't played that well. Only 1 game over 20 fantasy points in the past 8 games.  

check my post in the weather thread

1 minute ago, Dawgpound1985 said:

I have no hard data, but I feel like we always remember the big games that happen in the snow, but as you stated there are a lot we just sweep under rug that don't turn out--like waayyy more.

FOX's Jay Glazer reports the Chiefs are "nervous" about Patrick Mahomes suffering further damage to his injured throwing hand.

Per Glazer, Mahomes' injury was a "sprain on the outside" of his hand, and it was "black and blue on both sides." Glazer reports Mahomes was struggling to grip the ball until Thursday but was "slinging it" by Friday. It's the rare time we hear a team is actually concerned about further injury, but it is not enough to get Mahomes out of fantasy lineups for the semifinals.

Edited by Bastardo!

Still rolling with Mahommes. Last time I overthought it was when he came back from injury and went wild. Not to mention that I don't buy the report too much. A sprain on the outside of your hand wouldn't affect grip that much. Or maybe I'm just talking myself into it.

I know Mahomes is great and all, but between the injuries and some mediocre games do we feel that he justified his ADP this year? AKA would you take him next year around the same adp as you did this year? I had him in 1 of my 5 leagues and am honestly having trouble assessing whether or not he was worth the 3rd round pick. 

10 hours ago, Bill_Buckner said:

I know Mahomes is great and all, but between the injuries and some mediocre games do we feel that he justified his ADP this year? AKA would you take him next year around the same adp as you did this year? I had him in 1 of my 5 leagues and am honestly having trouble assessing whether or not he was worth the 3rd round pick. 

A lot of games he went off in the first half but didn’t do anything in the second half . I also drafted him in the 3rd round but most likely won’t draft him that high next year .

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Bill_Buckner said:

For sure not!  He lost 2.5ish games to injury, but he's the 9th highest QB in 6 pts per passing TD scoring formats.  The obvious #1 is Lamar who likely could have been had in round 9 and beyond and he has 80 points more than Deshaun Watson.  #3 is Winston.  Prescott.  Wilson.  JOSH ALLEN.  KYLER MURRAY. Rodgers.  Then Mahomes.  Even if you account for injury, you could possibly move him up to #3 on a PPG basis.  But this was the #1 QB off the board.  It's why there will be constant offseason debate about whether or not Lamar Jackson is worth a first round draft pick.  People were picking up Mahomes in the second round.  Maybe Lamar will be the one to break the mold, but the same was said about Mahomes this year.  Just too much value in the later rounds.  I won't be drafting him unless he falls to the fourth next year which means I likely won't get him.

• Like 1
On 12/15/2019 at 11:49 AM, lucky3 said:

Going Jimmy G over Mahomes last minute. Can't take the risk in the playoffs.

Don't be this guy (who is probably RIP).  Stay in your lane.  You have Mahomes. You start Mahomes.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 12/15/2019 at 10:34 PM, Bill_Buckner said:

I play dynasty and I'll never let him go. That's all I got. He got me a ring this year. Kid is amazing. 

• Like 1

I'm sure there's not much I'm saying that hasn't been said but still have to say - this dude is one of the most talented QBs I've seen going into my 40th year following the NFL. He's gone from the bench to MVP of the league in a couple of years. He's only 24 which is mind-blowing for that kind of instant success. He seems to be a pretty mature dude - for the sake of the game I hope he manages to keep his head on straight. If he does, he's the next Montana/Brady/Elway/Manning in terms of being a playoff fixture which does inevitably lead to compiler-mode considering how young he is - sky's the limit.

RE: his less-than-expected 2019 - he had a high ankle sprain and then a dislocated kneecap early in the year - pretty bad one-two punch. He's been fortunate due to his youth in particular in being able to actually come back from those injuries and it does appear he feels as healthy as he has all year.