NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was there ever any doubt?

Yeah but take away that 75 yard TD run and he only has 90 yards and a touchdown. 

Other RBs can boost their stats by big 99 yard runs too. I wonder why they don't do that more often?

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

However, I think there is one dark horse in Alex Barnes, FA signed this year out of Kansas State. I will have to defer to @DerrickHenrysCleats who knows more about College and who also is quite a fan of Dion Lewis I think, so he may know more here.

My thoughts on Barnes, who I took in the 7th round of a 14 team dynasty start 20 with full IDP league:

7.04 Alex Barnes, RB, TEN

Talk about getting drafted into bad spot. It’s going to take at least one injury for Barnes to see the field beyond STs for at least a year or two. But he’s got some decent talent, a very well rounded game, and is a very good athlete so I’m figuring he’ll stick on the roster and then will have to bide his time waiting for an opportunity. His game is more of a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none and he is going to have to lose his annoying occasional hesitating while the blocking sets up when plays are designed to hit quick and have the hole open as the RB arrives. But patience while pressing the LoS is one thing he does possess, which seems to be harder for young RBs to learn. Big, strong, fast enough, uses his blockers well, he’s a good understudy for Henry. He ought to be able to eventually play in the NFL, but who knows how many touches he’ll be able to earn - maybe very few in his career. Some RB on the roster may always look just a little better than him. But the talent/size/ability/mindset is there for him to surprise if a spot opens.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Believe it or not the Henry bad luck lately is actually good news. Hes going to plummet down the draft boards and most of us believers can get him for a fraction of the price. 

Maybe if we're real lucky he can tear his ACL and he'll be next to free. 

• Haha 1
On 7/28/2019 at 8:11 PM, Stonej14 said:

Believe it or not the Henry bad luck lately is actually good news. Hes going to plummet down the draft boards and most of us believers can get him for a fraction of the price. 

He would still be called a top 10 RB by some with claims that he has the healing power of deadpool. 

• Haha 1
On 7/28/2019 at 8:11 PM, Stonej14 said:

it isn't good news at all, Henry didn't need to give the coaches any excuse to look at another RB,  TEN has already had a hard enough time not getting their own way in that respect.  this camp and preseason were really needed to cement the role we saw him take late last year

58 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

SOD even at 1.1

🏴‍☠️

In any leagues where I don’t have the 1.01, I’ve been trading my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks for the 1.01 and grabbed Henry. My sucker league mates have jumped at it every time.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, gufomel said:

In any leagues where I don’t have the 1.01, I’ve been trading my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks for the 1.01 and grabbed Henry. My sucker league mates have jumped at it every time.  

^ this guy gets it 

🐿

37 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Just a small calf strain. Nothing to worry about.

For those of you that were worried.

Isn’t that what they said about Luck - back in May?

I have no clue whether this is a more serious injury, and no reason to believe Vrabel is the sort to lie about injuries - but is it customary to wear a boot if you have a calf strain?

3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I have no clue whether this is a more serious injury, and no reason to believe Vrabel is the sort to lie about injuries - but is it customary to wear a boot if you have a calf strain?

you wouldn't suspect a Hoodie alcolyte of perhaps fudging the troof ... just a smidge?

6 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Apparently yes about a walking boot for calf strain.  Not uncommon.

Edited by K197040
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, bomont said:

As if the inability to catch a ball and a generally inept offense wasn't enough, now his OL appears a mess. I just can't warm up to this guy. 

i hear tell that he kicks puppies, too 

👹

• Like 1