NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Derrick Henry 2019 Outlook

Just now, BMcP said:

I agree - it was a bit tongue in cheek.

Ah ok.  Have just seen so many people speculating on him actually going somewhere next year.  Depending on the contract he wants.  But if he wants a Gurley or Zeke type deal.  I franchise him two season then let him walk.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Congrats to the 2019 NFL rushing champion.

Also congragulations on setting an NFL playoffs rushing record.

Top 3 2020 ADP incoming!

Passing at all costs at top-3 in 2020 incoming!

8 hours ago, BMcP said:

I get that he’s old now, but why is he such a problem as a back-up?

Don't see how the justify keeping Lewis at 4.6 when they are gonna have to pay Henry top dollar.  Better off drafting somebody cheap.  Not like Lewis got much playing time anyway.

4 hours ago, youngrice said:

Don't see how the justify keeping Lewis at 4.6 when they are gonna have to pay Henry top dollar.  Better off drafting somebody cheap.  Not like Lewis got much playing time anyway.

Money isn’t much of an issue for this team at the moment.  I’m not sure that there are any appealing alternatives.

3 hours ago, BMcP said:

Money isn’t much of an issue for this team at the moment.  I’m not sure that there are any appealing alternatives.

Dion Lewis just never worked out liked imagined in Nashville. He has failed to be a difference maker or even a consistent contributor in the passing game. Lewis will make $5.1-million next season, he has only $1.1-million in dead money meaning he will save them $4-million against the cap. So waiving him would be the smart move here.

Edited by cashvillesent

7 hours ago, BMcP said:

Also when they paid Lewis they still felt Marriota was their franchise qb and wanted to go more spread o to fit his strengths.  Obviously that failed and since have  changed the offense to fit Henry’s strengths. Lewis just isn’t a good fit in that offense. 

14 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

Henry just said in an interview that he would like to return to Tennessee. Not sure if TEN is willing to make him the highest paid RB though. I think it would be a mistake not to, this team just made the AFC title game because of this guy. You pay him and dont hesitate. 

Did Henry say he needed to be the highest paid or that he is expecting to be the highest paid? I didn't see the interview. If both sides sit down with realistic expectations a deal will get done. Hopefully Henry gets a decent payday but it doesn't have to be the highest paid RB.