• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me at the Mixon Fan Club Meeting last night  

Me reading this and getting hyped pregame

43 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

LOL.

It's just a level of futility that I don't know if I've even witnessed before with an NFL team.  Especially when they have a talented RB.  I mean, we've seen some talented RB's have some poor years on some bad teams but I'm not sure I can recall anything this bad.

I owned Gurley in 2017 and this is far worse. I thought a Gurley '17 season was a possibility for Mixon when I drafted him but I didn't think it could be this bad. Most of the hope I have left counts on Green but that's uncertain relief and still weeks away.

16 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Im bout to buy low. Green should be back week 10

As a Mixon owner I can just say double think this before you spend anything too much. This guy is barely rosterable. The offensive line is horrendous, the offense doesn't move the ball, he's in a timeshare, and he's just not that good at football. He's a RB4.  

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Im bout to buy low. Green should be back week 10

Who cares? They're going 0-16 or 1-15, it's time to sit back and rebuild... it's a fallacy to believe that NFL teams & players have pride

18 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

As a Mixon owner I can just say double think this before you spend anything too much. This guy is barely rosterable. The offensive line is horrendous, the offense doesn't move the ball, he's in a timeshare, and he's just not that good at football. He's a RB400.  

Slightly adjusted.

Edited by Gootz
2 hours ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

As a Mixon owner I can just say double think this before you spend anything too much. This guy is barely rosterable. The offensive line is horrendous, the offense doesn't move the ball, he's in a timeshare, and he's just not that good at football. He's a RB4.  

He’s good at football, the o-line is just atrocious.

When Green comes back, defenses will not stack the box as often. I think Green is a big factor here

5 minutes ago, Chippa said:

When Green comes back, defenses will not stack the box as often

This is actually not true.  Mixon faces 8 man boxes among the least in the league.  Only 6% of the time.  Meanwhile, Alexander Mattison sees it 40% of the time.  Fournette at 34%, Derrick Henry at 32%, etc.  Mixon's way at the bottom of the list - https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/rushing#percent-eight-defenders

Sorry to burst your bubble, but AJ Green returning isn't going to help since defenses are not even keying on the run, and still stopping it cold.  Judging by the stats, defenses are doing the opposite and playing the pass.  Bengals still can't run. 

And, as I posted earlier, I don't believe there is any help coming except Cordy Glenn, who isn't exactly an All Pro.

Until the Bengals play a team with a really terrible defensive line, it will be more of the same with maybe a decent game here or there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

This is actually not true.  Mixon faces 8 man boxes among the least in the league.  Only 6% of the time.  Meanwhile, Alexander Mattison sees it 40% of the time.  Fournette at 34%, Derrick Henry at 32%, etc.  Mixon's way at the bottom of the list - https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/rushing#percent-eight-defenders

Sorry to burst your bubble, but AJ Green returning isn't going to help since defenses are not even keying on the run, and still stopping it cold.  Judging by the stats, defenses are doing the opposite and playing the pass.  Bengals still can't run. 

And, as I posted earlier, I don't believe there is any help coming except Cordy Glenn, who isn't exactly an All Pro.

Until the Bengals play a team with a really terrible defensive line, it will be more of the same with maybe a decent game here or there.

Jeez

2 minutes ago, troublezks said:

Mixon was dropped this week and I have the number 1 waiver prio. I am not picking him up if that says anything...

I know it may be a stretch .....week 16 @ Mia.........maybe the first good game script!

this guy was a great asset last year with a bad offensive line.

I am not giving up yet.....lets see Green come back ...open up some space.....than lets see what we are working with.

• Like 1
Just now, TheJuggernautBTCH said:

I know it may be a stretch .....week 16 @ Mia.........maybe the first good game script!

this guy was a great asset last year with a bad offensive line.

I am not giving up yet.....lets see Green come back ...open up some space.....than lets see what we are working with.

Week 16??? You have to make it there first to start this guy in week 16. I am benching but if my expectation was that he would be startable week 16, I would be dropping. I'm holding out hope the coaching staff gets fired or Green comes back to improve the situation. At this point, any change is a positive change for Mixon.

• Like 2

I can understand reaching for optimism with Glenn and Green, but it's just not gonna make much difference. He's a very low end RB3 with a low ceiling and extremely low floor. Not to mention he gets game scripted out essentially every week. If a top handcuff was available I'd drop him in a second. 

29 minutes ago, SGagne said:

Green won't matter when you have arguably the worst O-line in football. 

And a coach that looks like he draws plays up on a paper napkin the night before. Shocked this fraud isn’t getting more heat. Maybe he is, I’m not a Cincy homer. 

• Like 1

Cordy Glenn was a full participant today. 

Also to note, RG John Miller and OT Andre Smith were limited. They were both DNP’s all of last week. 

No idea if any of these dudes are any good, but can’t help but feel a little better that some of his line is getting healthy. 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, mvttchew said:

Also to note, RG John Miller and OT Andre Smith were limited. They were both DNP’s all of last week. 

No idea if any of these dudes are any good, but can’t help but feel a little better that some of his line is getting healthy. 

they're not.

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, mvttchew said:

Cordy used to be really solid with Buffalo, but he's dealt with many injuries over his career and that's hurt him quite a bit.  Miller also used to play for Buffalo, he's not good.  Smith is just old.

• Thanks 1

Joe Mixon just tweeted that he is pulling an all-nighter on the flight to London and coach will be mad at him.  Not sure how rested he will be for the game on Sunday. 

Coach gone be mad at me tomorrow for not sleeping but aye y’all made it a “BIG EMPHASIS” to go to sleep on the plane

🤷🏽‍♂️

😬

• Haha 3
7 minutes ago, JediMaster said:

Has there been anything on Taylor commenting on Mixon's lack of carries? I know they have been getting down early, but 18 total carries over the last 2 weeks is crazy.

Nah. He never has anything relevant to say in his pressers besides the usual spiel. The most he said was that that the holes are there, but they getting beat up front one on one and that everyone's frustrated that the run game isn't going and that Mixon is frustrated because he wants to win. 

5 hours ago, Wyzzil said:

Nah. He never has anything relevant to say in his pressers besides the usual spiel. The most he said was that that the holes are there, but they getting beat up front one on one and that everyone's frustrated that the run game isn't going and that Mixon is frustrated because he wants to win. 

The coaching has been embarrassingly bad. If your Olinemen have failed a hundred plus times, odds are good they're gonna fail again. The only way this offense is gonna do anything is if they have Mixon in to initially pick up a blitz, then roll out and catch a dumpoff. It finally will give him room to operate. He should get 5-10 of these a game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1