• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me at the Mixon Fan Club Meeting last night  

Me reading this and getting hyped pregame

Zac Taylor is right there with Gase and Nagy. You could interchange them, you wouldn't know the difference and you wouldn't miss a beat on your way to another loss. He's a  moron and still has not figured out what to do when your OL is putrid, even though NE has been doing it on and off for over a decade. You run short routes and send the RB out as the dump off.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Heizz said:

How do we feel ROS? Rookie QB could have lots of dump passes to Mixon?

I think any optimism was hit by a truck with the AJ nonsense today. 

That said, could we see more dumpoffs with Finley? Essentially couldn't see less so hopefully.

Ultimately I think this nightmare continues the rest of the year. TD dependent RB2/3.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Heizz said:

How do we feel ROS? Rookie QB could have lots of dump passes to Mixon?

Ideally you can bench him this week and see how the new QB does.  I'm probably going to play Latavius Murray over Mixon this week in a half PPR.  I figure that even with Kamara back, Latavius has a better chance of sniffing the end zone or turning a dump off pass into a long gain than Mixon.

13 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

I still like him as a player but the Bengals are just atrocious. They kill his value.

Yeah it's that, but what also is really capping his ceiling is that they insist on having like a 60/40 snap split with Gio when it should be 80/20...there are signs that they are figuring out that they need to involve Mixon more as a pass catcher, at least. The schedule is solid moving forward and the QB change could actually help some too?

14 hours ago, bomont said:

I wanna cut him so bad. But I know if I do someone will snatch him up and magically he'll start producing.

This is my concern as well. And even if they're a complete dumpster fire this week they could always plug Dalton back in. Or by some miracle if Finley actually improved Mixon's production he's right back in the RB2 mix. 

I do still believe he's startable in plus matchups. This one's definitely worrisome though. 

• Like 1

Any chance with a change at QB he gets an uptick in the passing game?  I know the last time they met he was god awful but last week the Pats averaged 4.2 per carry and turned 8n catches into 74 yards as well.  Mixon is more talented than any of the runners on the Pats and their line is better than Cincy but still not very good.  Am I just trying to convince myself he is worth a shot?

Terrible matchup today but decided I'm still rolling with him as my other options aren't great either.

I mean, Mixon is still the best player on the Bengals offense so you'd think they'd find a way to give him 15 touches or so.  The most concerning thing is his usage in the passing game....It's frustrating as he's shown to be a pretty good receiver so no reason not to get him out in space for some dump offs.

I just don't understand these NFL coaches sometimes.  Look at your team, find the best players and figure out ways to get them the ball.  It's not that hard.

16 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Terrible matchup today but decided I'm still rolling with him as my other options aren't great either.

I mean, Mixon is still the best player on the Bengals offense so you'd think they'd find a way to give him 15 touches or so.  The most concerning thing is his usage in the passing game....It's frustrating as he's shown to be a pretty good receiver so no reason not to get him out in space for some dump offs.

I just don't understand these NFL coaches sometimes.  Look at your team, find the best players and figure out ways to get them the ball.  It's not that hard.

NFL coaches believe in the systems they create and find the talent to fit their systems.  The philosophy is the system if executed properly  triumphs over generic talent. This is why you will always hear after a loss NFL coaches state in interview after interview the players didnt execute. You never hear them state they dont have talent. Fans and coaches evaluate talent differently. Coaches view talent in terms of that talent performing in their system. Fans view talent in terms of overall athleticism in isolation and separate from the system.

Edited by dashoe
21 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Coaches seem to outsmart themselves with their ‘matchups’ and ‘roles’. Sometimes the best play is to stop thinking and just use your best players. 

idk, I guess I’m holding for a couple more weeks, when Driskel took over towards the end of last season Mixon came alive a bit, maybe the same happens again this season. If he wasn’t a 2nd rounder he’d be gone already, I’m running out of leash to give him.

Edited by Suns13
9 minutes ago, dashoe said:

NFL coaches believe in the systems they create and find the talent to fit their systems.  The philosophy is the system if executed properly  triumphs over generic talent. This is why you will always hear after a loss NFL coaches state in interview after interview the players didnt execute. You never hear them state they dont have talent. Fans and coaches evaluate talent differently. Coaches view talent in terms of that talent performing in their system. Fans view talent in terms of overall athleticism in isolation and separate from the system.

I agree with what you're saying....

But I also feel like good NFL coaches are always adapting and try to take advantage of their players. I look at like Harbaugh and the Ravens...They've adapted to take advantage of the strength of Jackson.  If it were the Bengals with Jackson, they'd probably try to turn him into a pocket passer to fit their system.  Bad teams do dumb things.

Mixon is their best player on offense and it isn't close.  Design some plays and scheme some ways to put the ball in his hands to have success.  Stop just pounding him up the middle for 1 yard gains and tossing Gio Bernard out there for half the game.  Those are dumb decisions that aren't helping you win.

Of course, it's certainly possible they aren't trying to win given their lack of movement at the trade deadline.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, dashoe said:

No, this isn’t true at all. Coaches know when their team sucks. And often times. the coach sucks too. But if you want to keep your job, you don’t go out saying your players suck. 

1 hour ago, Sonny_D said:

No, this isn’t true at all. Coaches know when their team sucks. And often times. the coach sucks too. But if you want to keep your job, you don’t go out saying your players suck. 

🙄

😂

🤣

On 11/6/2019 at 9:50 PM, ZappB said:

Ideally you can bench him this week and see how the new QB does.  I'm probably going to play Latavius Murray over Mixon this week in a half PPR.  I figure that even with Kamara back, Latavius has a better chance of sniffing the end zone or turning a dump off pass into a long gain than Mixon.

Well, that was a mistake.