NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steelers locker room  

that feeling when you’re immediately proven wrong 🤣     

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, oban14 said:

All he had to do was keep quiet for 48 hours.  Just wait until kickoff on Monday and smear whatever you want on the locker room walls, cut your mouth like the joker, get plastic surgery to look like a lion, literally anything.  He couldn't do it.

Even The Joker looks at Antonio Brown and thinks, "Damn, that guy is full-blown insane."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, buccsfan22 said:

He has 0 trade value at this point and I doubt his teammates appreciate the entertainment value

I disagree but your perspective is valid.  Someone will take the chance.   we’ve seen talent trump character time and again in the NFL

Just now, Impreza178 said:

I disagree but your perspective is valid.  Someone will take the chance.   we’ve seen talent trump character time and again in the NFL

that Arizona Cardinal post further up this page is starting to make sense ... 

well, not really, but - dayyyummm

• Like 1

Patriots make a ton of sense.  I could see him going there just to win a SB and stick a middle finger at the Steelers and Raiders, regardless of his contract.  Raiders won't trade him anywhere he could be a thorn in their side, and I don't know what happens to his contract if he gets traded (it sounds like he isn't happy with it and might refuse a physical if traded).

If I were AB I'd be going to the Chiefs, Patriots, basically the closest AFC team with the best shot at a super bowl.  But those teams will only take him on a zero risk contract where he gets cut after his first screw up, and even then his agent is going to have to beg and beg and earn that cut.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, screaming_vultures said:

AB and Mayock will come out fine out of this.

Gruden will be fired and lose all credibility

Gruden has a ten year, ten mil a year guaranteed contract.  Raiders aren't letting him go.  He knows that AB in his offense could swing five losses into wins on this team.

2 minutes ago, oban14 said:

Patriots make a ton of sense.  I could see him going there just to win a SB and stick a middle finger at the Steelers and Raiders, regardless of his contract.  Raiders won't trade him anywhere he could be a thorn in their side, and I don't know what happens to his contract if he gets traded (it sounds like he isn't happy with it and might refuse a physical if traded).

If I were AB I'd be going to the Chiefs, Patriots, basically the closest AFC team with the best shot at a super bowl.  But those teams will only take him on a zero risk contract where he gets cut after his first screw up, and even then his agent is going to have to beg and beg and earn that cut.

For sure.  No one in their right mind would give anything guaranteed to Brown ever again.    So he either quits or plays week to week right?    

they get rid of K Mack and A Cooper, two guys in their mid 20's and in their prime, and they trade for this 31 year old mental head case. Exactly what is the plan for the Raiders?

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

Doubt he plays another snap for the Raiders.  

Where are the most likely destinations?  Jets?  Patriots? 

Isnt he from and lives in Florida?  He did play under Bruce Arians a year or two.  Maybe he goes to the Bucs?  Lol jk Arians thinkinsbAB is a diva

Edited by balto

For sure.  No one in their right mind would give anything guaranteed to Brown ever again.    So he either quits or plays week to week right?    

I think revenge and pride will let him play week to week for someone else, he just won't do it for the raiders.

• Like 1