NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steelers locker room  

that feeling when you’re immediately proven wrong 🤣     

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

he's keeping it real, yo ... his sycophants prolly love how he's "fighting the power" - this is gargantuan VICTIM complex run quite the eff amok. 

Not sure I understand all that the Pastor. All I know is he's pissing away 30mil +! That's just fuggin' stoopid. 

2 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

i think AB is more likely to play week 1 with the incentives/money involved. However once that is sorted out, its anyone's guess. With money not being an issue say week 3 onwards, he could play for any team in the league tbh. 

Not unless the raiders release him.    He can show up every week and play/ be paid.     Could get messy 

He wont play unless, ironically, he actually doesn't care about his football future.  With no guarantees, he can play Monday and blow his knee out and never have a chance at a new guaranteed contract.  He's only playing if he really doesnt give a crap if he plays long term.

He wants a release now to get a new contract.  I'd be shocked if he suits up and risks a career ending injury.

Edited by Brownsfan74
Just now, bengalfan27 said:

Mayock better win or his time as raider GM will be short. Ive always thought listening to him on TV he isn't sharpest tool in the shed. 

I don't see how/why Mayock deserves any responsibility for any of this. For what, trying to get AB to stop all this nonsense and just focus on playing football and being a Raider?

• Like 3
Just now, bengalfan27 said:

Mayock better win or his time as raider GM will be short. Ive always thought listening to him on TV he isn't sharpest tool in the shed. 

Mayock is a tough cat, an ex player who wasn't gonna take crap from that punk. 

btw, Brown's contract contained quite a few caveats about voiding money and guarantees if things got outta hand - well, guess what, they did get outta hand, and now the Raiders are seemingly off the hook for a ton of coin. 

if Mayock helped design those statutes, well, he's a whole fudge of a lot sharper than you give him credit for. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, kwelch said:

I wonder how long until Drew Rosenhaus cuts his losses.

His losses? AB could easily sign another contract, if cut. If anything, sticking with AB would be a show of good faith for other players.

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

btw, Brown's contract contained quite a few caveats about voiding money and guarantees if things got outta hand - well, guess what, they did get outta hand, and now the Raiders are seemingly off the hook for a ton of coin. 

if Mayock helped design those statutes, well, he's a whole fudge of a lot sharper than you give him credit for. 

Nailed it.    Good call by Oakland seeing this ahead of time.   Smarter would be to avoid brown altogether but I get taking the shot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, The G Man said:

I don't see how/why Mayock deserves any responsibility for any of this. For what, trying to get AB to stop all this nonsense and just focus on playing football and being a Raider?

Absolutely. I don't understand how this falls on Mayock other then how stupid he was to trade for him.

2 minutes ago, The G Man said:

For trading for him in the first place.  Now they are screwed for 2019 at wr.

1 minute ago, Berko1se said:

His losses? AB could easily sign another contract, if cut. If anything, sticking with AB would be a show of good faith for other players.

The team captains went to Gruden Thursday and said the players were behind management with whatever they decided to do. 

D Carr’s brother said AB has lost the locker room.

No one is going to sign AB.

The guy clearly has CTE and is likely done with football imho.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

you think he survives a 2 and 14 season? not all owners are Jimmy Haslem/ Hue jackson. It would be bad look moving into Vegas next year