NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

2 minutes ago, NinerLifer said:

Not just that but they are also high character men and are very professional, all you could hope for in young talent these days. For the life of me I’ll never understand Gruden moving those guys out like that. 

I felt like the Gruden move was a very bad one from the start a desperate one by the team to draw attention (because Gruden is popular) and fill seats. How's that working out for ya?

• Haha 1
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steelers locker room  

that feeling when you’re immediately proven wrong 🤣     

Posted Images

1 minute ago, bomont said:

So he signed the contract at gunpoint? 

No, and I hear what you're saying.

For whatever reason he doesn't want to be there now.  Maybe he now believes they will suck and doesn't want to play there.

Maybe he has seen Derek Carr's balls thrown and went 'oh, f me.  This isn't gonna work'.

I don't know.  But I do believe that he is doing ALL of this on purpose.

1 minute ago, 9amest said:

Pats are going to pick him up, use the same hypnosis they did on josh gordon, we hear nothing about any antics in the media for the rest of the season and he finishes as a top 5 receiver

God I hope so. 

Would love to see AB blow up the Pats organization the way he has the Steelers and Raiders.

• Like 2
Just now, Berko1se said:

Also even more disingenious to say it didn't have Mayock's fingerprints on it, at all.

"As intriguing as AB was, we were trying to build a certain way," Mayock said. "But when he became available at a different level, it was kinda like, we can change how we practice. We can change what we look like on Sunday. We can change how teams have to defend us. For a three and a five, at that point, we were ready to say, 'It looks like free agency's got to change for us.'" 

I kind of read that as confirming Mayock felt the price was so low that he was willing to break his way of doing things for AB and give in to Gruden.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Curious why you think so. 

Guy has been awol all summer. 

AB screamed obscenities at him and went after him physically while being restrained by teammates. 

He just apologized but then asked the Raiders to release him on Instagram. 

Gruden was bending over backwards to kiss his a** in that video. 

He’s lost the support of the locker room.

All this and he hasn’t even played a game yet. 

How else could he handle it?

Figure out which action/reaction would most aggravate AB, and then do the opposite instead of doubling down? No fines, no problems aside from feet freezing and helmetgate.

1 minute ago, FreakFries said:

God I hope so. 

Would love to see AB blow up the Pats organization the way he has the Steelers and Raiders.

You waaaaaaay underestimate the Patriot black magic. I would not be at all surprised if they signed him and he and Gordon tore up the league, another SB for the Pats.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Berko1se said:

They traded a 3 and a 5 for AB. It wasn't a signing where it was risk free.

True, but it’s not a bad price and gamble for a team as screwed up as the Raiders. And that is absolutely Maylock’s fault 😆

As it turns out you are right though. This was clearly a bad move.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Magoo said:

I kind of read that as confirming Mayock felt the price was so low that he was willing to break his way of doing things for AB and give in to Gruden.

Yeah, he had a contract dispute last year but I don't think anyone thought he was going to be like this in the slightest. He got a big fat contract, they spent big money on OL upgrade, drafted a top RB, it all looked like the right moves.

Edited by bomont
5 minutes ago, bomont said:

I felt like the Gruden move was a very bad one from the start a desperate one by the team to draw attention (because Gruden is popular) and fill seats. How's that working out for ya?

Pretty well actually.    Gruden’s a media darling and the voice of reason for this entire situation.   They’re going to be a fascinating team as the Vegas date approaches. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, oban14 said:

Figure out which action/reaction would most aggravate AB, and then do the opposite instead of doubling down? No fines, no problems aside from feet freezing and helmetgate.

And missing mandatory meetings and practices. Dudes good, but he isn’t levitating above the rest of them. And “sources” say he called the GM a cracker, though AB denies this. It’s a real s**t show, and the Raiders could have handled it better, but AB has acted like a spoiled brat since he got signed. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, TheAuthorityHere said:

"ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reports the Raiders may try to place Antonio Brown on the reserve/left squad list. "

Meaning, if they do put him on the reserve/leftsquad list, he won't play for anyone this year.

This move would solidify my opinion that Mayock is incompetent. Getting no production on the field from AB and getting nothing in return for a trade. It doesn't matter if the return is small, it's more than nothing. It would definitely show that Mayock is acting to satisfy himself rather than doing what's best for the team.

22 minutes ago, ZeroCool22 said:

No where, no one will even dare

take a chance. You’re sacrificing the whole locker room with this guy

Totally disagree, but it would be a team with a winning/strong locker room. He screws up, hes cut, everyone moves on.

Just now, Mr.STD said:

This move would solidify my opinion that Mayock is incompetent. Getting no production on the field from AB and getting nothing in return for a trade. It doesn't matter if the return is small, it's more than nothing. It would definitely show that Mayock is acting to satisfy himself rather than doing what's best for the team.

Chuckie has final word on all personnel moves ... Mayock cannot unilaterally pull that kinda stuff off. 

1 minute ago, Mr.STD said:

What’s best for the team is his release.

• Like 2

ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio suggests the Raiders may try to place Antonio Brown on the reserve/left squad list.

Brown would need to be away from the team for five days to be eligible. It's one possible outcome for how the Raiders move forward with Brown, who has no plans of playing for Oakland after they voided his guaranteed money. Placing Brown on the left squad list would shut him down for the season and prevent him from joining another team. There's unlikely to be much league interest in Brown given his off-field baggage. The Raiders' best bet may be trying to trade him next offseason.

I'm betting on this happening.  This is what Gruden did to Keyshawn and if they don't get a trade for Antonio (which is super unlikely) I think Gruden will punish him by sitting him for the season and making him unable to play for anyone.  

Edited by mikeflavaz
2 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

AB is untradable right now. 

Would you give up anything for him right now?