NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Just now, Leopard said:

His preferred spot is actually the niners, I would be surprised if Brown won't sign with them.

49ers would be a good landing spot.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steelers locker room  

that feeling when you’re immediately proven wrong 🤣     

Posted Images

1 minute ago, devaster said:

I've been a supporter of ignoring the noise and just letting a good player play. Strong teams that are winning can handle him. Steelers were no longer a winning team or playoff team last season and Tomlin and the front office have trouble managing their team now. They enable Big Ben far too much.

Steelers haven’t had a losing season in 16 years. Ben has never had a losing season. How many other teams can say that? Steelers didn’t have a losing record last year either. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Brooo my Rodgers needs a lil AB I. His life. Paired with Adams they would be unstoppable. A man can dream... 

We've got a rookie head coach in GB. AB is not what you want to hand to a rookie, much less most veteran head coaches.

2 minutes ago, 9amest said:

IMO this whole situation is pretty simple. AB will get one chance and his career will be essentially over if he blows it. Someone will sign him to a contract that specifies zero tolerance for his bs, if he screws it up he will be released and his already tarnished legacy will be absolutely buried along with any hope of him getting paid or playing for anyone other than a basement team.

I agree.   Someone will bite if the risk can be mitigated through contract clause.     But it will fail.   He’s been on his own program for Years.    Tomlin basically resorted to letting him come and go anytime he pleased.   

• Like 1

Here are the teams with over $13 million in salary cap space.

1. Indianapolis Colts – $42.1MM
  2. Cleveland Browns – $32.7MM
  3. Miami Dolphins – $31.9MM
  4. Houston Texans – $29.5MM
  5. Buffalo Bills – $24.8MM
  6. Tennessee Titans – $24.1MM
  7. Dallas Cowboys – $22.3MM
  8. Detroit Lions – $19.2MM
  9. San Francisco 49ers – $18.7MM
  10. Chicago Bears – $17.3MM
  11. Carolina Panthers – $16.6MM
  12. Washington Redskins – $15.9MM
  13. Philadelphia Eagles – $14.8MM

I think we could rule out several of those teams based on a poor fit. I agree with those saying the 49ers. Texans would have a scary duo with Nuke and AB.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, herschel said:

Moss was said to have character issues when the pats got him.  He totally changed the leagues perception of him once he got to the pats.  

Moss, Chad Johnson, Albert Haynesworth.  Aaron Hernandez slipped bc of charachter concerns.  Aquib Talib.  Cory Dillon 

Cmon people

3 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Or did he post the video after getting the big fine?  🤔 

im not clear on the timing 

2 hours ago, P@ckersFan said:

Hmmm I thought the big fine was the reaction to the video. That might have just been an assumption on my part. 

Good question but it’s being reported that the large fine was due to the events of September 4th, which was when he had the altercation with Mayock.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, meh2 said:

I think we could rule out several of those teams based on a poor fit. I agree with those saying the 49ers. Texans would have a scary duo with Nuke and AB.

Isn't his contract covered by the Raiders?

1 minute ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Good question but it’s being reported that the large fine was due to the events of September 4th, which was when he had the altercation with Mayock.

I think Gruden overruled Mayock on the original fine/suspension but then Mark Davis overruled Gruden and told Mayock get rid of him.

Just now, devaster said:

Isn't his contract covered by the Raiders?

No, the fines voided his guarantees

5 minutes ago, meh2 said:

These numbers are incorrect.

5 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Pretty sure Dallas is gonna pay Dak this weekend, so that would take them off the list right?

2 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

I think Gruden overruled Mayock on the original fine/suspension but then Mark Davis overruled Gruden and told Mayock get rid of him.

No, the fines voided his guarantees

Is that accurate? I don't see that reported. I'm sure the NFLPA would get involved if true.

Honestly the approach for a team who signs him is just to treat him as a human being. A team that signs him and isn’t putting so much pressure for him to be a certain way. They have to bring in people that will be around him and talk to him man to man. Some actual therapy. Ask him what’s going on, what is it that he wants to get out of this season. Why have things been so chaotic around his life. Ppl always se these players as $$$ not as human beings. He needs a team that is Open to conseling him. That’s all. If and when he gets signed  that team needs to sign him and look forward. They’ll have to speak with him and tell him whatever went down with the raiders leave it at the door. The organization just needs to surround him with positivity. People want to say he’s un coachable. They just need to talk to him as a human. It’s not ******** hard. 

While people are calling Brown dumb and all kind of variations of the word I feel quite bad for him. 

It seems to be clear that he has serious health implications from the game of football. His decline and villain like personality came out of nowhere. The man has a kid and I really hope he seeks professional help before he does something truly detrimental. 

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

Is that accurate? I don't see that reported. I'm sure the NFLPA would get involved if true.

It’s accurate.   Someone even posted the contract earlier.    He has a clause that voids all guaranteed money if he’s suspended/released by week 1