NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Now a police report has dropped about Antonio Brown shoving one of his many Baby Momma's down to the ground with two hands, the NFL releases a statement that they are "looking into the matter," and Rotoworld blithely speculates that "probably nothing will come of it?"  Have they not been paying attention for the past few years?

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steelers locker room  

that feeling when you’re immediately proven wrong 🤣     

Posted Images

From ABs Twitter/Insta: 

Edit: and now this -

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Brown sent the tweet after he formally requested a trade. However, the Steelers have not yet agreed to a swap and have not agreed to release the 30-year-old.

Edited by Tyler Durden
  • Haha 1

Brown has zero ability to dictate to the Steelers where he will play next year.  I suspect they will stand firm.  Brown's choice will be to play for Pittsburgh or play for no one.  And I predict he will pick door #2.

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Brown has zero ability to dictate to the Steelers where he will play next year.  I suspect they will stand firm.  Brown's choice will be to play for Pittsburgh or play for no one.  And I predict he will pick door #2.

Interesting - definitely possible for thats the case. They did virtually the same with Bell. 

I hope they trade him though. I don’t want all the fantasy drama they had with Bell all season to happen again.

At least with Brown the team acquiring him knows they don’t have to attempt to resign him as he’s locked in through 2022 (?). This might make him more valuable in the market than Bell was, and make them more inclined to move him this offseason. It looks like the big date on his contract for various hits and bonuses is 3/17. Hopefully this will make sure they have things settled before the draft. 

20 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Popped for wreck less driving.

Dont these guys have the loot for Uber's?

This was known a while ago and already discussed. The reckless driving is a non-issue.

22 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Popped for wreck less driving.

Dont these guys have the loot for Uber's?

Isn’t wreck less driving a good thing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The first thing is they can actually get a good return for him. The reason the market wasn't as hot for Bell is because he was about to be a FA anyways. So the problem was a team wasn't willing to risk renting him for half a year. Especially the teams that would be interested in him such as 49ers who already had a lost season regardless. Brown still has multiple years which makes him much more valuable.

The second thing is, I doubt the team really wants to deal with the drama again. I also predict he will choose to play. However, I also predict he will be even more of a cancer to the locker room than he already was last season. I already mentioned Seattle, but cleaning house and getting rid of players that may even be considered generational to fix the locker room actually makes the team better. The only way keeping Brown is a good move is if he leaves his ego at the door and agrees to be a team player. The chance of that happening is borderline zero so trading him is the smart decision. 

Just now, bhawks489 said:

Also not a good look when searching for a team to trade for you.

Reckless driving isn't an issue. Sure, it's stupid and depending on how reckless but driving 100 on a main road is hardly a serious crime. Hell, in Washington if you get pulled over going 100 on a highway most cops will cut your speed and just give you a basic speeding ticket. 

50 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

The first thing is they can actually get a good return for him. The reason the market wasn't as hot for Bell is because he was about to be a FA anyways. So the problem was a team wasn't willing to risk renting him for half a year. Especially the teams that would be interested in him such as 49ers who already had a lost season regardless. Brown still has multiple years which makes him much more valuable.

The second thing is, I doubt the team really wants to deal with the drama again. I also predict he will choose to play. However, I also predict he will be even more of a cancer to the locker room than he already was last season. I already mentioned Seattle, but cleaning house and getting rid of players that may even be considered generational to fix the locker room actually makes the team better. The only way keeping Brown is a good move is if he leaves his ego at the door and agrees to be a team player. The chance of that happening is borderline zero so trading him is the smart decision. 

The Steelers tell their players what's what.  They do not allow their players to dictate to them.  The Steelers didn't let Bell "win" last year and they won't let Brown "win" this year.  You have been warned.  Again.

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The Steelers tell their players what's what.  They do not allow their players to dictate to them.  The Steelers didn't let Bell "win" last year and they won't let Brown "win" this year.  You have been warned.  Again.

Then they need a new coach. It makes no sense. The coach lets the players run the house yet management doesn't? 

Also, Bell did win. They missed the playoffs with a stacked team. He clearly caused issues. If the same thing happens with Brown they will miss playoffs again. You have been warned.

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

huh? The Steelers' owner already said in an interview a month or so ago that Brown's future with the team was likely done. They walked back a bit since, but the Steelers are preparing to trade him.

Warned about what exactly? Brown is playing next season. He can't hold out and gain anything.

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Then they need a new coach. It makes no sense. The coach lets the players run the house yet management doesn't? 

Also, Bell did win. They missed the playoffs with a stacked team. He clearly caused issues. If the same thing happens with Brown they will miss playoffs again. You have been warned.

Bell wanted to make it to free agency, or be traded.  Neither happened in 2018, and, in fact, neither has yet happened.  Bell did not win.  The Steelers won, decisively.  They kept Bell from playing for anyone else, and they didn't have to pay him even one red cent.

Making the playoffs?  Eh.  A lot went into that.  Most notably, Baltimore catching fire against a stream of week teams with their hard to prepare for running QB.  And Brown's late season implosion probably did not really help matters.

But when are you going to figure out that neither Bell nor Brown are rational actors?  They have both proven, time and time again in recent years, that they don't always (ever?) act in their own best interests.

Edited by SharkSwimmer
3 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Reckless driving isn't an issue. Sure, it's stupid and depending on how reckless but driving 100 on a main road is hardly a serious crime. Hell, in Washington if you get pulled over going 100 on a highway most cops will cut your speed and just give you a basic speeding ticket. 

Good amount of times dui is reduced to wreckless driving

47 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Bell wanted to make it to free agency, or be traded.  Neither happened in 2018, and, in fact, neither has yet happened.  Bell did not win.  The Steelers won, decisively.  They kept Bell from playing for anyone else, and they didn't have to pay him even one red cent.

Making the playoffs? 

The steelers didnt make the playoffs. .  that's huge. Slice and dice it all you want but when a key weapon on your offense isnt on the team, it changes what you can do with that team. Bell not playing hurt the steelers, as an organization they failed to get to the playoffs, AFC title game and SB.

FAILURE is not winning

The Steelers likely would have come out about the same, with or without Bell.  Teamwide dysfunction was more the issue.  The Steelers won their contract face-off against Bell.