NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

10 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Lol. Are you serious? 

AB has nothing new to learn as far as being a pro WR. As long as he knows his assignment, he’ll be able to execute it. And if Tom Brady will let him stay at his house, I’m pretty sure he won’t mind telling AB his assignment before every play if that’s what it takes (and it won’t). 

AB has nothing to learn from Brady and BB? 🤣

Are u serious?    

Edited by Impreza178
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steelers locker room  

that feeling when you’re immediately proven wrong 🤣     

Posted Images

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:
3 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

Did anyone link this yet? This is definitely interesting. Need to average 7 catches / 86.53 Yds / 1.07 TD per game to get there.

Hard on the under

I just wonder what happens if Brady is spreading the ball around Pats-style and AB needs to hit his incentives.  Those are gonna be hard to hit with all the mouths to feed.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

Are those regular-season incentives or can they be met in the playoffs? 

Because with the Pats, it's silly to assume he's only going to play in 15 games this year. 

Regular season.

11 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I just wonder what happens if Brady is spreading the ball around Pats-style and AB needs to hit his incentives.  Those are gonna be hard to hit with all the mouths to feed.

Randy Moss did just fine.

He got 15 TD in 15 games last year, obviously different situation. I think people are overrating the "too many mouths to feed" angle. If he plays he's going to do well. I think the catches and yards is attainable. TD are always fluky. 

16 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

The Rams could do it, I don't see why the Pats wouldn't be able to. With Gronk gone and no Gurley-type RB, I don't see why it would be an issue. I think Gordon will be your Cooks type, who relies on the deep ball. I think Edelman and AB will be the better producers. I'm not knocking Gordon, because he will have big games, just the Cooks type of production.

Edited by FitzMagic
52 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

AB has nothing to learn from Brady and BB? 🤣

Are u serious?    

I said AB has nothing new to learn about "being a pro WR", about which I'm sure he could teach both Brady and BB a lot about, since they have never played even a single down as a WR.

I'm sure you can't name any specific assignment that BB/Brady could give AB that he wouldn't have already done hundreds of times, because you aren't an NFL receiver either. But just in theory, what -would- you think AB would need to learn how to do as a WR that he hasn't already done plenty of times, whether it's a particular route, block, formation, signal, etc.? I mean wth are you referring to?

My original point, again, is that the playbook for AB is merely knowing his assignment, which Brady can tell him before every play if need be. AB doesn't need to learn anything else as far as being a WR is concerned the way a rookie 2nd year NFL wideout might.

• Like 2

I really think AB is going to have a great season. But, there are some who think he simply will not last because of his attitude problems. The "smart" thing to do would probably be to try to trade him for an RB1...I'm going to throw out some offers this week for top 10 RB's and see if I get any bites.

I would rather hold AB, as it is a lot of fun and exciting to consider what he can do in New England - - but it might be too risky. Too risky that he might just have one incident and miss several games. 

Gruden was very patient and understanding with AB. BB will not be that way. What happens if BB does something to piss off AB? Or AB complains about a lack of touches on social media? New England will just cut ties. 

So you have to believe that his antics on the Raiders were intentional or that he will change. If not, you have to be concerned of the risk that he blows up and finds himself off the team.

As far as his on field production I have zero concerns. But will he be on the field the whole season?

Edited by mbell317
2 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Anyone firing him up against Mia who gave up 59 points to Baltimore? Or wait a week and see. 

Depending on your other options you pretty much have no choice but to fire him up if the reports are that he will see a lot of snaps. Even a decent game from him should easily equal WR2 or flex production. 

8 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Depending on your other options you pretty much have no choice but to fire him up if the reports are that he will see a lot of snaps. Even a decent game from him should easily equal WR2 or flex production. 

Yeah other thing I liked was that even when they were blowing out the steelers, Brady stayed in the whole game and hates to come out. They have a cupcake schedule I see them going 17-0 and lighting up the the league like when they had moss. 

15 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Yeah other thing I liked was that even when they were blowing out the steelers, Brady stayed in the whole game and hates to come out. They have a cupcake schedule I see them going 17-0 and lighting up the the league like when they had moss. 

Damn, they get a win in their bye week. AB seriously worth that contract then.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Bill B just said he is unsure if Antonio will play this week.

This is the problem. He doesn't know the playbook yet and good luck getting any info out of Bill about snap counts. Id be very worried about starting him this week.

17 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

But just in theory, what -would- you think AB would need to learn how to do as a WR that he hasn't already done plenty of times

How about "act like a normal human being"?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, yanksman said:

This is the problem. He doesn't know the playbook yet and good luck getting any info out of Bill about snap counts. Id be very worried about starting him this week.

He will probably get 10-15 snaps with most of those as a decoy. 5-6 plays drawn up for him in the gameplan this week. It will be a month until he gets a full go, if he hasn't nuked the bridge by that point. 

“Take it day by day. We haven’t practiced yet,” Belichick said, via Tom Curran of NBCSportsBoston.com. “We’re going through information with him like we would any new player. Get out on the practice field and after Wednesday we’ll talk about Thursday and see how it goes.”

Belichick was later asked what makes him confident that Brown won’t prove to be as disruptive as he was in Oakland or Pittsburgh. He said he wasn’t in either of those places and referenced another wideout who went from the Raiders to the Patriots with questions about how he’d fit in New England.

“It’s the same thing you guys said about Randy Moss when we brought him in,” Belichick said.

• Like 1