NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

5 minutes ago, 9amest said:

I wouldn't worry about him not knowing the playbook against miami, he will play some backyard football and get himself open

This ∆

They def will also have a few plays dialed up for Antonio also. This game Should be like PRACTICE in real game setting..

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steelers locker room  

that feeling when you’re immediately proven wrong 🤣     

Posted Images

I'd say he's a flex. 

They'll obviously try to work him in and have some plays for him because this matchup is a joke. However, I doubt he sees significant snaps. They're not just going to take the Dolphins as a joke and Patriots still have a playbook to run. It's impossible for a WR to learn it all in such a short span.

So while Brown will probably burn them a few times I doubt he sees enough game action to truly dominate this week. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

This ∆

They def will also have a few plays dialed up for Antonio also. This game Should be like PRACTICE in real game setting..

Playing your guys against Miami this year is a stone cold lock. Did you see that Miami D last week? A lot of times it looked like they just stood straight up at the snap. Just totally quit. IN WEEK 1! Crazy stuff, man.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Playing your guys against Miami this year is a stone cold lock. Did you see that Miami D last week? A lot of times it looked like they just stood straight up at the snap. Just totally quit. IN WEEK 1! Crazy stuff, man.

Yes! The players have quit already. Flores "lost" the team. Patriots 34 Dolphins 3 at halftime.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Dolphins pre-game speech:  "Just go out there and have fun, guys.  Don't worry about winning.  In fact, DO NOT WIN!  Just run around, have fun, and -- this is for you, defense -- stay out of the way of opposing players."

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

You know they will want to get him a TD just for the lolz, even if he only plays a portion of the snaps.

I would be completely shocked if he scored. My projections would be 2 catches 31 yards and plays 30% of the snaps.

Honestly I think he might put up 20 pts in .5 PPR and this thread will go nuts on Sunday around 2:30 EST. 

It's in BB's nature to be contrarian and getting the ball to AB says "yeah, we really don't care what you think about us."

Edited by mbell317
  • Like 1

My gut feeling tells me to play this guy. The dolphins , they’re a joke. 

They’re going to have to pick their poison with Gordon or brown. 

All you need is one big play. 

And brown will get that. Don’t second guess it. 

• Like 1

My gut feeling is that he plays and doesn’t do much this week, they may not pass much at all in this game and I doubt AB is up to speed on the patriots system. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Imagine it's preseason, still. Someone tells you that Antonio freaking Brown will be on the Patriots and will have Tom Brady throwing to him against the DOLPHINS. 

That person asks you if they should start him and express doubt about his snap count. Guys, play AB this week. Don't overthink it.

9 minutes ago, Berko1se said:

Imagine it's preseason, still. Someone tells you that Antonio freaking Brown will be on the Patriots and will have Tom Brady throwing to him against the DOLPHINS. 

That person asks you if they should start him and express doubt about his snap count. Guys, play AB this week. Don't overthink it.

On the flip side imagine it's preseason and someone tells you your player just switched teams and has had 5 days to practice with them.  

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

On the flip side imagine it's preseason and someone tells you your player just switched teams and has had 5 days to practice with them.  

I'd imagine similar to Gord's first game. 2/32/0. Maybe double that though since AB can play all over, maybe 4/64/0. Maybe he'll get a score in, who knows.

Edited by FitzMagic
17 minutes ago, Berko1se said:

Imagine its the 4th game of the preseason and instead of sitting his stud WR's on the bench he starts them and plays them for a half with a backup QB. My point is that we don't know what BB will do. Hell, we don't even know if AB is going to suit up. BB is just as likely to hold him out until the game gets out of hand and he only gets snaps in the 2nd half after the game is well in hand.

Think about it folks. This is not the week to gamble on something so obvious. Brown will likely be extremely limited this week.

14 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

That sounds a lot better when you leave out the player's name and team, doesn't it?

7 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Imagine its the 4th game of the preseason and instead of sitting his stud WR's on the bench he starts them and plays them for a half with a backup QB. My point is that we don't know what BB will do. Hell, we don't even know if AB is going to suit up. BB is just as likely to hold him out until the game gets out of hand and he only gets snaps in the 2nd half after the game is well in hand.

Think about it folks. This is not the week to gamble on something so obvious. Brown will likely be extremely limited this week.

Nothing is "so obvious." See: Mike Evans and Christian McCaffrey, last night.

7 minutes ago, Berko1se said:

Both players were obvious starts. Don't look at the results. Look at the info that you had prior to the results. Look at the info that is afforded to you prior to the NE game. There is nothing that states that AB is an obvious start or should be started. There are a lot of warning signs....A LOT of warning signs. Just like in poker, with fantasy football, you play the percentages. Instead, it seems like AB owners are calling big bets from behind in the hand all the way to the river hoping for a miracle flush. In poker, that's how you lose your bankroll. In fantasy, that's how you end up with an L.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, Berko1se said:

1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

Both players were obvious starts. Don't look at the results. Look at the info that you had prior to the results. Look at the info that is afforded to you prior to the NE game. There is nothing that states that AB is an obvious start or should be started. There are a lot of warning signs....A LOT of warning signs. Just like in poker, with fantasy football, you play the percentages. Instead, it seems like AB owners are calling big bets from behind in the hand all the way to the river hoping for a miracle flush.

AB doesn’t even know the playbook.  Unless Belichick got it to him early in the offseason.  😉

I don’t see how it can be compared to CMac or Evans, AB is obviously in a shakier situation as you mention. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mbell317 said:

How is he going to get out of position and cause a turnover? 

He has 15 fumbles in his entire career of 130 games. That means he has ONE fumble every 8.7 games or so on average.

This is Antonio Brown. He's not suddenly going to start causing turnovers.

I don’t know how you got fumbling out of it but what I meant was him not having the timing to properly execute or him running the wrong route if he only knows 10% or so f the plays and says he knows them all. Yeah if Tom Terrific throws a pick because of this.. yeah big trouble from Daddy Bill