NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

4 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Exactly. This is a clear pattern.

I own ab and it is clear that he is a top 5 wr in this offense. He got 8 targets in 23 snaps in a blow out. He has a limited knowledge of the playbook and will be unstoppable in this offense. They even designed a run for him.  He became the automatic alpha dog and looked fantastic getting open at will. Pats are going for 19-0, steelers/colts two major rivals are gone. CSB- I also have julio and mike thomas, and besides julio and hopkins and adams I can't think of any other wrs I would have. 

As far as the allegations, sure she will tell her side of the story, but there have been NUMEROUS leaked videos of the accuser and brown not in a "brother and sister" "business only relationship" as she claims manner (google). I will sit and wait, but I don't see him being put on the list for money grab civil lawsuits that he could of dealt with in the past, but declined because she trying to extort him. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steelers locker room  

that feeling when you’re immediately proven wrong 🤣     

Posted Images

Sounds like he had an okay debut for BB and the Patriots nation. Now if he would start paying all the folks that worked for him and also pay off the people he has been inappropriate with he will be awesome this year. I don’t think anything we hear is wrong or inaccurate including him being an awesome football player. If only he would have listened to Hines Ward who as far as I know is a good guy he would be trending up. The way I see it is why would anyone want to be affiliated with him. He makes Alex Rodriguez look like a choirboy. 

The Pats won’t let go of AB as long as he’s a productive player. 

My guess is AB will be a beast come the fantasy playoffs as h learns the offense, I doubt the Pats would put up with all his baggage if they didn’t see him as a big asset. 

I have to say, it’s going to be fun watching the Pats try to keep a stiff upper lip as AB drags them through the mud all season.

3 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

The Pats won’t let go of AB as long as he’s a productive player. 

My guess is AB will be a beast come the fantasy playoffs as h learns the offense, I doubt the Pats would put up with all his baggage if they didn’t see him as a big asset. 

I have to say, it’s going to be fun watching the Pats try to keep a stiff upper lip as AB drags them through the mud all season.

The Pats will just continue to do what they've been doing since they acquired him.  Just tell the media that they are trying to get better and that the NFL is doing their investigation, and they don't know anything more than that.  Then Hoodie will walk out of the press conference if the media keeps asking questions.  Same with the rest of the team.

What was interesting was that Brown himself basically vanished from the media.  Probably what the Pats told him to do.

If AB is unavailable to the media and the Pats keep to the party line, then eventually it will become less of the story.  They're probably trying to just get through this first brunt of bad PR and then hoping things will get calmer.

1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

The Pats will just continue to do what they've been doing since they acquired him.  Just tell the media that they are trying to get better and that the NFL is doing their investigation, and they don't know anything more than that.  Then Hoodie will walk out of the press conference if the media keeps asking questions.  Same with the rest of the team.

What was interesting was that Brown himself basically vanished from the media.  Probably what the Pats told him to do.

If AB is unavailable to the media and the Pats keep to the party line, then eventually it will become less of the story.  They're probably trying to just get through this first brunt of bad PR and then hoping things will get calmer.

Wait for a bigger story to blow up in the media.its bound to happen.

Just now, bhawks489 said:

Wait for a bigger story to blow up in the media.its bound to happen.

Except they signed the bigger story 😬 

“Will it be more skeletons from the past or entirely new insanity?  Tune in to the Antonio Clown Show next week!!”  🤡 

• Haha 2
46 minutes ago, herschel said:

i read the second accusation and although i dont condone the behavior and do think that he is not a good person with clear mental disorders, it seems like its a far cry from rape.  time will tell...  

Sexual misconduct is different than rape. Sexual misconduct is a form of sexual harassment. The details that the second accuser outlined is definitely what you would call sexual misconduct.

But lets get back to Brown and his on the field performance in week 2.

First of all, YES, I said that Brown was a BAD START this week and I stick to that. Fantasy Football is about taking all of the information that you have at your disposal and making the best informed decision that you can make. There were plenty more CONS than PROS for starting Brown in week 2. I highlighted them in numerous posts so no need to revisit them. I will say this. I did not account for the ego of Bill Belichick. Obviously, he felt compelled to tell the world that he made a great decision in bringing on AB and to prove it look at what he can do. Congrats to Brown owners for starting him. It still doesn't make it a wise move.

Ok, no need to harp on one week, lets focus on Week 3 and beyond....

- 1st accuser meeting with NFL today

- 2nd accuser now alleges misconduct

Hell, will there even be a week 3 or beyond for Brown?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

And you're just assuming there won't be a 3rd and 4th now?

1 hour ago, jasonresno said:

I think that's probably as rational as assuming that there will be.

I would bet on more! Who here is betting this will just start to calm down and go away? Ha... This is picking up.  The flood gates are open now.  None of these women could be speaking the truth. I have no way of knowing that. But I do know this is turning into another black eye for the NFL, and the NFL don't like black eyes... Behold the power of fire and brimstone.  There's going to be some hell to pay. And that payment is going to be delivered to AB.  I could certainly be wrong.  But now is the time for any woman who felt they were wronged by AB to come forward, and come forward they will.  

Edited by mikeflavaz
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Sexual misconduct is different than rape. Sexual misconduct is a form of sexual harassment. The details that the second accuser outlined is definitely what you would call sexual misconduct.

First of all, YES, I said that Brown was a BAD START this week and I stick to that. Fantasy Football is about taking all of the information that you have at your disposal and making the best informed decision that you can make. There were plenty more CONS than PROS for starting Brown in week 2. I highlighted them in numerous posts so no need to revisit them. I will say this. I did not account for the ego of Bill Belichick. Obviously, he felt compelled to tell the world that he made a great decision in bringing on AB and to prove it look at what he can do. Congrats to Brown owners for starting him. It still doesn't make it a wise move.

Week 3 and beyond he's a WR1 assuming he's playing. That's pretty much the whole discussion. Brady loves him and he's clearly the team's top target. Anybody doubting a Top 10 WR working with the GOAT QB and the GOAT coach is just overthinking it.

2 hours ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Roger gonna step in? 

Exempt list?

That's the wildcard.  It's not just about whether Brown is guilty or not.  He might be innocent and Goodell may decide to protect the NFL brand anyway.  He has the power to do so.

16 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

what an odd way to say "i was wrong."

AB is a generational talent. regardless of his off-the-field issues, if he's playing, you start him.

Edited by osb_tensor
a word
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

below is the person i was quoting in my response.  i understand the difference between sexual misconduct and rape, but others on here may not.....

"I think multiple rape accusations gonna be more than 6 weeks bro. He's lucky if the feds don't end up getting involved."

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

what an odd way to say "i was wrong."

AB is a generational talent. regardless of his off-the-field issues, if he's playing, you start him.

He played only 24 snaps. Sure he produced on those and nobody should be surprised, but he could have easily put up a dud on such limited snaps. 

Would he have been a must-start had you been told prior to kick-off he would play only 24 snaps with less than a week to prepare? I think starting him was a risky proposition regardless of the outcome. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

He played only 24 snaps. Sure he produced on those and nobody should be surprised, but he could have easily put up a dud on such limited snaps. 

Would he have been a must-start had you been told prior to kick-off he would play only 24 snaps with less than a week to prepare? I think starting him was a risky proposition regardless of the outcome. 

Weren't there reports pregame that Brady/Bill wanted to 'feed' AB? He got 8 targets on 24 snaps. For his first game in NE, I think most of us figured he would be limited. I had him in my flex this week, but I was really encouraged by what I saw.

11 minutes ago, herschel said:

below is the person i was quoting in my response.  i understand the difference between sexual misconduct and rape, but others on here may not.....

"I think multiple rape accusations gonna be more than 6 weeks bro. He's lucky if the feds don't end up getting involved."

Edit- saw the warning, I'm done talking

Edited by pushaZ
1 minute ago, Grayson2401 said:

i get the logic here, and it's sound enough .... but - you gotta factor Hoodie/McD/Tom into those 24 snaps and know that if AB's out there, he's getting burn. 

same as Hollywood Brown in week 1 vs those same lovable Dolphins ... only 14 snaps but put up a season's worth of numbers for some WRs out there ... the devil is in the detail, and that detail was supreme coaching and a punching bag opponent (Miami in both cases).

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Grayson2401 said:

He didn’t produce a dud. It was not a risky situation, Antonio Brown is a must start anytime he is playing. Afterall isn’t he is a WR1? 

You start WR/RB1’s no matter just like you always start Patrick Mahomes .. 

• Like 2
Just now, shakestreet said:

He didn’t produce a dud. It was not a risky situation, Antonio Brown is a must start anytime he is playing. Afterall isn’t he is a WR1? 

You start WR/RB1’s no matter just like you always start Patrick Mahomes .. 

Playing 24 snaps is not risky LOL. 

8 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i get the logic here, and it's sound enough .... but - you gotta factor Hoodie/McD/Tom into those 24 snaps and know that if AB's out there, he's getting burn. 

same as Hollywood Brown in week 1 vs those same lovable Dolphins ... only 14 snaps but put up a season's worth of numbers for some WRs out there ... the devil is in the detail, and that detail was supreme coaching and a punching bag opponent (Miami in both cases).

I will not completely argue that but Bill B. could have gone a completely different route with his strategy too. Hindsight is 20/20. 

Just look at Gordon's debut last season: In no way am I comparing the players and their current form, but Gordon-- who also had more time to familiarize himself with the playbook-- saw only 2 targets (on 18 snaps) against the same MIA team that NE drummed 38-7. And it is not as if Gordon is some scrub either. 

Edited by Grayson2401

Man I'm getting tired of all these AB stories coming out. Like yeah, the rape allegation should obviously be taken seriously and looked into.  But all these other stories coming out, trying to make AB look worse are just plain stupid.

For example, several "credible" websites have headlines about AB farting in his doctor's face. If you watch the actual TMZ video of this, he's literally just getting checked out by his doctor, farts loudly and makes a couple jokes. It wasn't in his face or inappropriate. How stuff like this is getting headlines is ridiculous. 

If you ask me it seems like people are pissed the Patriots didn't sit him and the NFL didn't put him on the exempt list yet so they're just throwing whatever they can at him to try and get the NFL to act.

Like what is the point of all these people coming out and saying oh he owes me money or oh he farted in my face etc. We get it, he's not a very good person and immature. That doesn't have much to do with a rape allegation though and it's just ridiculous to me. 

5 minutes ago, dms80790 said:

Man I'm getting tired of all these AB stories coming out. Like yeah, the rape allegation should obviously be taken seriously and looked into.  But all these other stories coming out, trying to make AB look worse are just plain stupid.

For example, several "credible" websites have headlines about AB farting in his doctor's face. If you watch the actual TMZ video of this, he's literally just getting checked out by his doctor, farts loudly and makes a couple jokes. It wasn't in his face or inappropriate. How stuff like this is getting headlines is ridiculous. 

If you ask me it seems like people are pissed the Patriots didn't sit him and the NFL didn't put him on the exempt list yet so they're just throwing whatever they can at him to try and get the NFL to act.

Like what is the point of all these people coming out and saying oh he owes me money or oh he farted in my face etc. We get it, he's not a very good person and immature. That doesn't have much to do with a rape allegation though and it's just ridiculous to me. 

TMZ has a video of him in the doctors office??

Sports Illustrated "conducted interviews with more than two dozen people who have employed, worked for, coached, or played alongside Brown"...

hmmm...if you interview 24 people associated with anyone, you will find some dirt. 

The leading story is a disgruntled painter who claims AB was naked and covering his private parts with a towel in his own home? 

That's the worst allegation they found? 

I'd say AB came out looking like roses. Many players in the NFL would be facing a suspension if you looked into their private life and saw everything they did.