NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steelers locker room  

that feeling when you’re immediately proven wrong 🤣     

Posted Images

Anyway...based on the offers I've gotten for AB when I put him on the trading block (more of a test balloon than the belief I'd really get a good offer), it seems AB is untradeable (I know not a real word) right now.  To be honest...because I have an RB issue on that team, I would have taken the likes of Carlos Hyde for him and made the offer.  No deal.

Let's hope AB has a good day with the NFL today.  But, they employ a bunch of ex-FBI, etc. types.  If he shows up unprepared, the news won't be good.

4 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

What an embarrassment. I’m not sure what is more stupid... Brown’s writings or Bellicheck’s insistence on keeping him on the team.   

Why is this dumbass so important. Just cut him.

Cut him for what? Farting? Say someone comes to your boss and says you did this and that with no evidence and you should be fired. Sound fair or should both sides present their case?

As for fantasy, dude is a top ten option every seek, he will get minimum 10 targets per game and dominate. I just hope the teams they play can make it somewhat competitive. 

2 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Cut him for what? Farting? Say someone comes to your boss and says you did this and that with no evidence and you should be fired. Sound fair or should both sides present their case?

As for fantasy, dude is a top ten option every seek, he will get minimum 10 targets per game and dominate. I just hope the teams they play can make it somewhat competitive. 

For what?!? This thread isn't 158 pages long because he's a farted in someone's face and is a gentleman and scholar. Wow, this thread is out of control.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

But...there’s a video of him doing it.

And I don’t think most people are concerned with the farting anyway. There is this whole sex crime accusation.

Nike dropped him today.  Not sure if that means anything. 

On one hand, they may have dropped him simply because of all the negative publicity.  On the other, they may have done their due diligence into the allegations before deciding to drop him, which wouldn't bode well for AB.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Is anyone else finding it insanely difficult to trade him? I want him off my roster but none of my league mates are interested haha not sure who to even target anymore. 

He is untradeable.  Anyone who owns AB will want low end WR1 value back, and anyone who doesn't own him would be crazy to give that up for a guy who could be suspended at any time.  You're stuck with him unless you want to give him up for any of the sea of WR2 types out there.

Edited by Brownsfan74

I don't think he ends up getting suspended. Honestly. That's not even optimism/homerism, I just don't think there is anything there they will find that they would deem necessary to do it. 

Edited by griffin727
6 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

He is untradeable.  Anyone who owns AB will want low end WR1 value back, and anyone who doesn't own him would be crazy to give that up for a guy who could be suspended at any time.  You're stuck with him unless you want to give him up for any of the sea of WR2 types out there.

Just depends. There is a good chance someone is stacking a couple of good TEs and might come off of one. Think: an owner with an elite TE and someone like Mark Andrews that was grabbed late or off waivers. Or someone rostering two top-tier QBs. 

But yes, in regards to getting value back in a RB1 or WR1: good luck with that. 

5 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

Just depends. There is a good chance someone is stacking a couple of good TEs and might come off of one. Think: an owner with an elite TE and someone like Mark Andrews that was grabbed late or off waivers. Or someone rostering two top-tier QBs. 

But yes, in regards to getting value back in a RB1 or WR1: good luck with that. 

Yeah, I mean...if the owner who has Mark Andrews also drafted one of the big 3 TEs, then you may have a trading partner, but that just speaks to how difficult it is to trade him.  We have to come up with a specific scenario.

I personally think AB owners should just hold onto him.  He might survive this and play the season.  There are so many WR2's out there or WR3's with upside (E Sanders, Hollywood Brown, etc.) that you're likely to be holding one of those guys on your bench anyway.  You're not going to do much better in a trade.  Just ride it out and hope for the best.

1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Yeah, I mean...if the owner who has Mark Andrews also drafted one of the big 3 TEs, then you may have a trading partner, but that just speaks to how difficult it is to trade him.  We have to come up with a specific scenario.

I personally think AB owners should just hold onto him.  He might survive this and play the season.  There are so many WR2's out there or WR3's with upside (E Sanders, Hollywood Brown, etc.) that you're likely to be holding one of those guys on your bench anyway.  You're not going to do much better in a trade.  Just ride it out and hope for the best.

It is not likely but certainly a good option to pursue and pretty fair for both sides. 

I agree you might be best to hold on to him but that also depends on what you think his value is with NE. Is it more or less than OAK? Obviously Brady is superior but he (AB) is not likely to see the same targets he would have in OAK. Plus the obvious risk of him being suspended. 

I would certainly entertain some combination of RB2s/WR2s. 

2 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

I would certainly entertain some combination of RB2s/WR2s. 

What would be a hypothetical deal that you would accept and an owner would give up?

I mean, say it's something like AB for Kerryon Johnson and Cooper Kupp.  Both kind of middling RB2/WR2 types.  As an AB owner who likely has a strong WR3 or low end WR2 on your bench, do you do that?  You're dropping from AB to Kupp in your lineup and maybe filling a hole at RB.  Probably a marginal improvement at best.  And if you own KJ/Kupp, are you willing to risk giving up both those guys for a player who might only play a few more games for you?  That's a huge risk to take.  They are both probably starters for you and your SOL if AB gets suspended.

You really have to find an owner who is super deep.  Most teams do not have the assets to take AB's risk and do a trade like my example.

2 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

What would be a hypothetical deal that you would accept and an owner would give up?

I mean, say it's something like AB for Kerryon Johnson and Cooper Kupp.  Both kind of middling RB2/WR2 types.  As an AB owner who likely has a strong WR3 or low end WR2 on your bench, do you do that?  You're dropping from AB to Kupp in your lineup and maybe filling a hole at RB.  Probably a marginal improvement at best.  And if you own KJ/Kupp, are you willing to risk giving up both those guys for a player who might only play a few more games for you?  That's a huge risk to take.  They are both probably starters for you and your SOL if AB gets suspended.

You really have to find an owner who is super deep.  Most teams do not have the assets to take AB's risk and do a trade like my example.

It just depends on roster construction, current health of roster, current record, and how risk averse each owner is. 

If you can find an owner who is 0-2 or 1-1 and has lost a key player to injury like Hill or has someone out like Melvin, they might need that depth and cannot afford to wait. 

I always want the best players in deals but I am not so sure it is the best time to make those kind of moves. Being so early, give me depth. I will target the elite players in 2 for 1s later in the season. 

• Like 1