NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

4 minutes ago, Omg010114 said:

A threat? Her IG is public and she is the one who leaked this to the world not AB. 

Absolutely. Sending a text including pictures of my kids to me and several other parties while telling them to go investigate me would definitely cause me concern. There would be no reason to include pictures of her own kids in a message to her. Unless it was harassment, intimidation, or an outright threat.

Does anyone even know what "investigate" means in AB's language?

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steelers locker room  

that feeling when you’re immediately proven wrong 🤣     

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Onion said:

Absolutely. Sending a text including pictures of my kids to me and several other parties while telling them to go investigate me would definitely cause me concern. There would be no reason to include pictures of her own kids in a message to her. Unless it was harassment, intimidation, or an outright threat.

Does anyone even know what "investigate" means in AB's language?

You cannot go to jail for that so called threat. That my friend is a FACT....

Just now, Rosenburger said:

It’s awful because she was included in then group message, or sent them. Why include her for any reason other than to intimidate her. 

Thats what hat the problem is here. It’s a clear intimidation tactic. 

To shame her? 

6 minutes ago, Omg010114 said:

You cannot go to jail for that so called threat. That my friend is a FACT....

AB does not need to go to jail or be found guilty of anything in a court of law in order to be placed on the commissioner’s exempt list. All that matters is if the NFL deems this to fall under harassment according to the Personal Conduct Policy.

Sports Illustrated's Robert Klemko reports Antonio Brown sent harassing text messages to the unnamed accuser who shared allegations of his unwanted advance toward her in 2017.

Brown allegedly sent intimidating messages in a group text, including a screenshot of her kids. The accuser's lawyer has sent a letter to the NFL asking them to step in. This is the latest incident that puts Brown's status with the league in jeopardy, as the Personal Conduct Policy prohibits "harassment, or similar forms of intimidation." With a potential placement on the commissioner's exempt list hanging over him, Brown's Week 3 availability looks up in the air.

Edited by gufomel
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

To shame her? 

If you want to shame someone, shame them. 

Creating a a group message, with multiple people, and expressing that they need to investigate, and then posting picture of their family, is not shaming, it’s as clear cut as you can get to intimidation. 

What would you call 4 men adding you to a group chat/sending you screen caps and then just discussing amongst themselves that they need to investigate you, look into your background, and posting pictures of your family? 

Edited by Rosenburger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, jwilsonxo said:

I may have missed the nuke. Is this supposed to be offensive? Serious question. Guy is absolutely nuts but these texts are not menacing. Not understanding what the fuss is about here

• Sports Illustrated's Robert Klemko reports Antonio Brown sent harassing text messages to the unnamed accuser who shared allegations of his unwanted advance toward her in 2017.

Brown allegedly sent intimidating messages in a group text, including a screenshot of her kids. The accuser's lawyer has sent a letter to the NFL asking them to step in. This is the latest incident that puts Brown's status with the league in jeopardy, as the Personal Conduct Policy prohibits "harassment, or similar forms of intimidation." With a potential placement on the commissioner's exempt list hanging over him, Brown's Week 3 availability looks up in the air.

Sep 20, 2019, 9:05 AM ET

•  

Whether any of this is actually true or not, certainly everyone can agree that AB is a buffoon for not laying low when he's already been accused of things and the NFL is looking into it.  Whether you think the group text is threatening/intimidating/(insert adjective), it's definitely poor judgement.  I mean, come on...did you have to post pics of the lady's kids and include her on the group chat where you want your boys to 'investigate'?  How else should she interpret that?  If you don't understand this, become a parent and then come back here and post.  Again, we don't know for sure it was even him that sent the message, but the girl's lawyer seems to be able to prove it's the same phone# he used previously when he was interacting with his client.  I don't think it's going to take much here for the NFL to exempt this moron, which means you better be making other plans for your WR spot on your fantasy team.  The dude's ego is destructive, he just can't help himself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Rosenburger said:

If you want to shame someone, shame them. 

Creating a a group message, with multiple people, and expressing that they need to investigate, and then posting picture of their family, is not shaming, it’s as clear cut as you can get to intimidation. 

What would you call 4 men adding you to a group chat/sending you screen caps and then just discussing amongst themselves that they need to investigate you, look into your background, and posting pictures of your family? 

I would call it childish and immature. He's a terrible dude. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, abrunn11 said:

Let's assume for a minute that this artist lady DID make everything up just to extort money from AB.  Is what he did with calling out her financial issues really that horrible?  I mean so bad that people are nearly physically ill about it?  From a logically, non-emotional perspective, I just don't see it.  I would hope that the NFL would view any allegations through a logical lens, and not an emotional one.  

Where have you been chief?

This is Goodell. The NFL only cares about PR and money. They view it through a PR lens. They don't have "emotions." They're a business. A really, really profitable one.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Yceman1234 said:

Whether any of this is actually true or not, certainly everyone can agree that AB is a buffoon for not laying low when he's already been accused of things and the NFL is looking into it.  Whether you think the group text is threatening/intimidating/(insert adjective), it's definitely poor judgement.  I mean, come on...did you have to post pics of the lady's kids and include her on the group chat where you want your boys to 'investigate'?  How else should she interpret that?  If you don't understand this, become a parent and then come back here and post.  Again, we don't know for sure it was even him that sent the message, but the girl's lawyer seems to be able to prove it's the same phone# he used previously when he was interacting with his client.  I don't think it's going to take much here for the NFL to exempt this moron, which means you better be making other plans for your WR spot on your fantasy team.  The dude's ego is destructive, he just can't help himself.

Yeah.  This might be the thing that does him in.  What an idiot. 

They won't do anything until it's proven that AB sent the text.  If that happens though, I think he's gonna be suspended.  It's as straightforward as it gets.  The behavior is clearly spelled out as a violation of the personal conduct policy, and clear text evidence is enough for the NFL to take action.

Then again, I've been surprised plenty of times by the NFL so who knows.

Just now, Brownsfan74 said:

Yeah.  This might be the thing that does him in.  What an idiot. 

They won't do anything until it's proven that AB sent the text.  If that happens though, I think he's gonna be suspended.  It's as straightforward as it gets.  The behavior is clearly spelled out as a violation of the personal conduct policy, and clear text evidence is enough for the NFL to take action.

Then again, I've been surprised plenty of times by the NFL so who knows.

Read the twitter thread. This is key. The SI reporter had about 4 more tweets that followed up the original one with the screengrabs of the texts. He talks about how they confirmed it was AB's number. He's had the same number for years apparently

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, gufomel said:

AB does not need to go to jail or be found guilty of anything in a court of law in order to be placed on the commissioner’s exempt list. All that matters is if the NFL deems this to fall under harassment according to the Personal Conduct Policy.

Sports Illustrated's Robert Klemko reports Antonio Brown sent harassing text messages to the unnamed accuser who shared allegations of his unwanted advance toward her in 2017.

Why send the letter to the NFL? Wouldn't she send the letter to his lawyer........

Just now, TTo34 said:

Man, I don't know if you guys are just backing AB because he's on your fantasy team or what.  This is clearly harassment.  Time for the clown to go.

I am backing him because he did not do anything wrong (nothing proven yet)......the texts were not scary nor did they harass her.

8 minutes ago, Omg010114 said:

Why send the letter to the NFL? Wouldn't she send the letter to his lawyer........

I think we all know why she sent it to the NFL...

I’m not debating the merits of the case on either side of this situation from a court of law perspective. I’m addressing how I expect the NFL to handle it for PR reasons now that this type of information is public. 

And that would answer your question of why she sent this to the NFL. 

Edited by gufomel
Just now, Omg010114 said:

I am backing him because he did not do anything wrong (nothing proven yet)......the texts were not scary nor did they harass her.

I haven't seen the texts, but it sounds scary to me.  Sounds like some cold, godfather type of s---.

Edited by ccimore
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, Omg010114 said:

All your opinion, probie, which means nothing to the NFL, who cares right now about their image, not waiting to see whether any laws have been broken.  AB (already under investigation in a separate incident) is not helping matters with any new alleged actions, which if true, continue to add to the PR hit against the league.  It's not going to take much to prove it's AB's phone.  If/when that happens, 'buh bye.

14 minutes ago, Omg010114 said:

That's a judgment call.  I do see where you're coming from, now that I read them.  I mean...imagine he actually didn't do any of this.  Let's just say that's the truth.  From that lens, his texts are somewhat reasonable in that he's probably very upset with this woman who he believes is trying to get money from him.  The pics of the kids was to prove that she needs money, and that's her motivation for her "lies".  He's telling her that he's not going to let her get away with it.  It's what all of us would want to do if falsely accused.

Having said that, it was really dumb.

What needs to be remembered here is that the victim's interpretation of the texts gets a lot of weight.  You can send a text as a joke, but if the other party interprets it as serious, you can't say "I was joking" as a defense.  All she has to do is say that she was intimidated and that's almost always enough.

So...he's a moron and he's in big trouble.  I partially blame his attorney.  His attorney absolutely should have forbid him from contacting her in any way after the accusations came out.

If I were an AB owner, I'd be looking to sell ASAP to someone who thinks he's going to survive this.

Edited by Brownsfan74
12 minutes ago, Rosenburger said:

As would I, but when you use the language and delivery tactics he did in getting the message there, arguing it as intimidation is incredibly, incredibly easy. 

Well no. You don't have me and many others convinced, so it's not.