NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steelers locker room  

that feeling when you’re immediately proven wrong 🤣     

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Yceman1234 said:

All your opinion, probie, which means nothing to the NFL, who cares right now about their image, not waiting to see whether any laws have been broken.  AB (already under investigation in a separate incident) is not helping matters with any new alleged actions, which if true, continue to add to the PR hit against the league.  It's not going to take much to prove it's AB's phone.  If/when that happens, 'buh bye.

Again, if you read the twitter thread from the SI reporter, he talks about how they confirmed it was AB's phone, and how he tried to have a follow up phone conversation with him 

1 minute ago, ccimore said:

Ok just looked.  If he sent pics of her kids in the text chain that said look into her background 'Eric B', ya that's ******** scary.  That's like the villain in the movie pulling out a picture of your kids and telling you what a beautiful family you have.  What the f--- you think he's saying there?

Her pics are public on the internet already...........so scary.

2 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

That's a judgment call.  I do see where you're coming from, now that I read them.  I mean...imagine he actually didn't do any of this.  Let's just say that's the truth.  From that lens, his texts are somewhat reasonable in that he's probably very upset with this woman who he believes is trying to get money from him.  The pics of the kids was to prove that she needs money, and that's her motivation for her "lies".  He's telling her that he's not going to let her get away with it.  It's what all of us would want to do in that situation.

Having said that, it was really dumb.

What needs to be remembered here is that the victim's interpretation of the texts gets a lot of weight.  You can send a text as a joke, but if the other party interpret it as serious, you can't say "I was joking" as a defense.  All she has to do is say that she was intimidated and that's almost always enough.

So...he's a moron and he's in big trouble.  I partially blame his attorney.  His attorney absolutely should have forbid him from contacting her in any way after the accusations came out.

If I were an AB owner, I'd be looking to sell ASAP to someone who thinks he's going to survive this.

His attorney did tell him that. AB isn't a great listener.

Just now, Cotton Jones said:

Again, if you read the twitter thread from the SI reporter, he talks about how they confirmed it was AB's phone, and how he tried to have a follow up phone conversation with him 

I've read it, thanks.  The NFL needs to confirm it too, not just the lawyer and her client.  FWIW, I believe it's AB, but we have to wait and see.

Just now, dmb3684 said:

His attorney did tell him that. AB isn't a great listener.

OK.  I read that his attorney admitted that he "did not instruct AB to contact the victim" but nothing more than that.  But if that's true, thanks for the info.

3 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Well no. You don't have me and many others convinced, so it's not. 

If the women is intimidated, as she says she is/was, that is all they will need with what they have. It's very clear to see how it would intimidate someone who just publicly spoke out/brought to light things about Brown. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Yceman1234 said:

I've read it, thanks.  The NFL needs to confirm it too, not just the lawyer and her client.  FWIW, I believe it's AB, but we have to wait and see.

Not sure you read it. The SI reporter confirmed it. The ultra-credible SI reporter.

1 minute ago, Cotton Jones said:

Not sure you read it. The SI reporter confirmed it. The ultra-credible SI reporter.

So, if I'm a reporter, I can just call up the NFL and say this is true and they should believe me, right?  You're missing my point.  The league needs to validate this is true too, you see how the media can be less than trustworthy with all the politics of today.  Again, it won't take much, but the NFL needs to be thorough too.

If your sister accused antonio brown of sexual assault, and he made a group text with some of his "investigators" and your sister, and included a photo of your nieces and nephews, would you be on the rotoworld thread saying "i don't see how he did anything wrong here"?

because literally the only difference is it being your sister and it being some artist in PA you've never met. 

• Like 4
Just now, Omg010114 said:

Her pics are public on the internet already...........so scary.

Lolol are you serious?  That's completely irrelevant.  The movie villain pulls out a picture of your kids and tells you what a beautiful family you have.  But he got the pic from your instagram, so he clearly just means you have a beautiful family.  Right..........

Just now, ccimore said:

Lolol are you serious?  That's completely irrelevant.  The movie villain pulls out a picture of your kids and tells you what a beautiful family you have.  But he got the pic from your instagram, so he clearly just means you have a beautiful family.  Right..........

Read the texts then come back okay? He is stating she is broke because of having kids........He inst hiring a hit man now considering she is the least of his worries...Britney is who he is concerned about.

1 minute ago, Yceman1234 said:

So, if I'm a reporter, I can just call up the NFL and say this is true and they should believe me, right?  You're missing my point.  The league needs to validate this is true too, you see how the media can be less than trustworthy with all the politics of today.  Again, it won't take much, but the NFL needs to be thorough too.

The mental gymnastics are gold medal worthy.

A veteran SI reporter is unlikely to put his reputation and career in serious jeopardy by making up a bunch of stuff to make antonio brown look bad. get real dude

NFL is more than capable of verifying it's AB's number by looking in their rolodex. It's probably already been taken care of. So what's your point that I'm missing. That you have as much credibility as the reporter to call the NFL and make stuff up? Right, mental gymnastics, got it.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Tenner said:

I’ve put a low end WR2 value on him and it’s crickets. 

If I had really bad depth at WR (say I took chances on Corey Davis and Dede Westbrook) and I only had 2 good WR (AB being one of them), i might ship him off for WR2.  Lot of teams have multiple WR2s / upside WR3s.  It's the most abundant position in FF.  Chances are that you have that type of receiver on your bench though.  AB is still basically untradeable, even after this news.

We're still in the same boat here.  Just waiting to see what happens and hoping he plays this weekend.

Just now, Brownsfan74 said:

If I had really bad depth at WR (say I took chances on Corey Davis and Dede Westbrook) and I only had 2 good WR (AB being one of them), i might ship him off for WR2.  Lot of teams have multiple WR2s / upside WR3s.  It's the most abundant position in FF.  Chances are that you have that type of receiver on your bench though.  AB is still basically untradeable, even after this news.

We're still in the same boat here.  Just waiting to see what happens and hoping he plays this weekend.

I won’t give you any of my wr2s for him. Lockett Boyd mik Williams fitz Jeffrey chark none

4 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

I won’t give you any of my wr2s for him. Lockett Boyd mik Williams fitz Jeffrey chark none

Fair enough, but I'm not sure why.  You can't start all 6 of them.  Why not send the guy you like least of these and take a shot?  The payoff could be big if AB miraculously survives all of this.  You would have to suffer massive injuries to your WRs for it to really blow up in your face.  You still have 5 solid WRs.

Edited by Brownsfan74
Just now, Omg010114 said:

Read the texts then come back okay? He is stating she is broke because of having kids........He inst hiring a hit man now considering she is the least of his worries...Britney is who he is concerned about.

I read them.  You've gotta use some common sense.  There's no reason to include pictures of her kids.  Just like the movie villain doesn't explicitly say he's going to harm your family.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, abrunn11 said:

Let's assume for a minute that this artist lady DID make everything up just to extort money from AB.  Is what he did with calling out her financial issues really that horrible?  I mean so bad that people are nearly physically ill about it?  From a logically, non-emotional perspective, I just don't see it.  I would hope that the NFL would view any allegations through a logical lens, and not an emotional one.  

It was in private. This is the key. It's not like him and some goons showed up at her door, insulted her and then ransacked her house. He was texting back and forth with someone in private and that subject matter was leaked. Subject matter which had nothing illegal in it.It's not illegal to claim innocence. It's not illegal to question a person's motives and character. It's not illegal to hire a private investigator to search for evidence of said poor character. In regards to this conversation the only person at fault is the person who leaked this. They owe the lady and Antonio Brown an apology.