NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Just now, pushaZ said:

Is it though?

If I had to put a vegas bet on the under/over for points scored ROS, I would set the spread at 1 point and take the under.

Any trade with AB will have to be done with an owner who believes there is a greater than 0% chance AB survives this.  If you think he's done, then you wouldn't be a trade partner.

Judging by this thread, there are still people who think AB could continue to play.  That's the guy you would try to pry a WR2 from.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steelers locker room  

that feeling when you’re immediately proven wrong 🤣     

Posted Images

Just now, pushaZ said:

Is it though?

If I had to put a vegas bet on the under/over for points scored ROS, I would set the spread at 1 point and take the under.

If you are convinced he will be suspended, no. But there is little indication that will happen, currently. I am not sure these texts change much regardless of my personal opinion. 

But I would certainly entertain AB for players MIke W., Chark, Jeffrey, etc.

1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Any trade with AB will have to be done with an owner who believes there is a greater than 0% chance AB survives this.  If you think he's done, then you wouldn't be a trade partner.

Judging by this thread, there are still people who think AB could continue to play.  That's the guy you would try to pry a WR2 from.

Not even that guy is giving you a WR2. Not if he is at all intelligent. The demand for Brown is rock bottom. Any intelligent player isn't going to give you more than peanuts because peanuts is the going rate for Brown right now. Peanuts can be sold on a Brown owner if they seller knows what they are doing.

9 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

The mental gymnastics are gold medal worthy.

A veteran SI reporter is unlikely to put his reputation and career in serious jeopardy by making up a bunch of stuff to make antonio brown look bad. get real dude

NFL is more than capable of verifying it's AB's number by looking in their rolodex. It's probably already been taken care of. So what's your point that I'm missing. That you have as much credibility as the reporter to call the NFL and make stuff up? Right, mental gymnastics, got it.

Yeah, let's get personal....nice job there, buddy.  I guess I deserved that since I only agreed with you 98% and not 100%.

9 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

It was in private. This is the key. It's not like him and some goons showed up at her door, insulted her and then ransacked her house. He was texting back and forth with someone in private and that subject matter was leaked. Subject matter which had nothing illegal in it.It's not illegal to claim innocence. It's not illegal to question a person's motives and character. It's not illegal to hire a private investigator to search for evidence of said poor character. In regards to this conversation the only person at fault is the person who leaked this. They owe the lady and Antonio Brown an apology.

How many times does it have to be stated...LEGALITY DOES NOT MATTER for whether the NFL places AB on the commissioner’s exempt list for violating the personal conduct policy. 

The NFL’s interpretation of the situation in regards to the personal conduct policy and PR is ALL that matters for AB’s fantasy outlook.

Edited by gufomel
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Not even that guy is giving you a WR2. Not if he is at all intelligent. The demand for Brown is rock bottom. Any intelligent player isn't going to give you more than peanuts because peanuts is the going rate for Brown right now. Peanuts can be sold on a Brown owner if they seller knows what they are doing.

It only takes one owner who thinks AB could survive for his market to be at WR2 level.  I have a hard time believing you know for sure that every FF owner would not give up a WR2.  Heck, Grayson 2401 just said he would consider it and his posts are generally pretty intelligent.

Edited by Brownsfan74
6 minutes ago, Yceman1234 said:

Yeah, let's get personal....nice job there, buddy.  I guess I deserved that since I only agreed with you 98% and not 100%.

How is what I said personal? Mental gymnastics? You just said you have as much credibility to claim it's antonio browns phone number as the SI reporter who has universal respect. Don't see how that's a reach?

Funny how in one breath someone can decry the hypersensitive "politics" of 2019 and in the next breath grasp at the nearest thing that bears any resemblance to a personal attack

Edited by Cotton Jones
1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

It only takes one owner who thinks AB will survive for his market to be at WR2 level.  I have a hard time believing you know for sure that every FF owner would not give up a WR2.  Heck, Grayson 2401 just said he would consider it and his posts are generally pretty intelligent.

I don't know, no. Not in every league. Any league I play in though you'd not encounter anyone giving up WR2 value for Brown. WR2 is a huge premium right now given the storm. There are better deals elsewhere to be had. 

3 minutes ago, gufomel said:

How many times does it have to be stated...LEGALITY DOES NOT MATTER for whether the NFL places AB on the commissioner’s exempt list for violating the personal conduct policy. 

The NFL’s interpretation of the situation in regards to the personal conduct policy and PR is ALL that matters for AB’s fantasy outlook.

There's still due process involved in that process. They don't just suspend people because someone pointed the finger. They do it if to them it seems likely he's guilty and will be proven as such. 

• Haha 1

Putting AB on the commissioners exempt list isn’t like impeaching the president. Goodell can basically do it at any time the moment he feels AB’s antics are negatively impacting the league. Considering AB’s teammate Josh Gordon almost lost his entire career for doing something that is currently legal in the state he plays in, and AP lost a full season for disciplining his son, it’s not a high bar.

Trading for AB now means assuming that we won’t hear about anything else (doubtful considering the picture that’s emerging of a dangerously unstable narcissist), and that Goodell will refrain from placing him on the list no matter how many new stories come out. 

AB can’t help himself. If it’s not this story, it’ll be the next one.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

It only takes one owner who thinks AB will survive for his market to be at WR2 level.  I have a hard time believing you know for sure that every FF owner would not give up a WR2.  Heck, Grayson 2401 just said he would consider it and his posts are generally pretty intelligent.

AB is a massive upgrade over most WR2s. If it blows up and he is suspended, you can probably find a WR3 on waivers and/or stream all season and not lose too much production. I would certainly argue it would not be the difference whether you win the championship or not. 

5 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

There's still due process involved in that process. They don't just suspend people because someone pointed the finger. They do it if to them it seems likely he's guilty and will be proven as such. 

What are you talking about

Suspension and inclusion on the commissioner's exempt list are entirely at the discretion of the commissioner. Legality has no bearing on any of this. Why are people still struggling with this years after deflategate. Not only was there not a conviction in that instance, the case against Brady was super flimsy by any objective measure. Guess what, he got suspended anyway.

Edited by Cotton Jones
3 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

I don't know, no. Not in every league. Any league I play in though you'd not encounter anyone giving up WR2 value for Brown. WR2 is a huge premium right now given the storm. There are better deals elsewhere to be had. 

How is WR2 a premium?  It's the most abundant resource in FF.  Not only are there plenty of WR2s, but there are a bunch of WR3s who have WR2 or even WR1 upside (Emmanuel Sanders, Hollywood Brown, etc.)

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

It was in private. This is the key. It's not like him and some goons showed up at her door, insulted her and then ransacked her house. He was texting back and forth with someone in private and that subject matter was leaked. Subject matter which had nothing illegal in it.It's not illegal to claim innocence. It's not illegal to question a person's motives and character. It's not illegal to hire a private investigator to search for evidence of said poor character. In regards to this conversation the only person at fault is the person who leaked this. They owe the lady and Antonio Brown an apology.

It wasn’t in private, the lady is the one who has shared these screen caps is she not? She was included/sent these messages. 

6 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Guilty of sexual assault or guilty of harassment according to the personal conduct policy? The latter is what has become a major issue in the past few hours and it’s not a very high bar. Everyone saying AB is fine keeps trying to bring up AB’s guilt or innocence in regards to the sexual assault charges. That’s not the issue right now.

Edited by gufomel
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Guilty of sexual assault or guilty of harassment according to the personal conduct policy? The latter is what has become a major issue in the past few hours. Everyone saying AB is fine keeps trying to bring up AB’s guilt or innocence in regards to the sexual assault charges. That’s not the issue right now.

You are exactly right and I don’t understand why more people don’t understand guilt or innocence had nothing to do with the NFL conduct policy. Just look at Ezekiel Elliot. 

Serious comment - look how hard the NFL bent over backwards to not suspend Treek Hill. 

I expect they’ll do the same for Kraft. Despite the fact that AB doesn’t need to be found guilty of anything, I think he doesn’t get suspended. Just a hunch.