NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

Corleone

Message added by tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

32 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I made the original comment, so yes, you were.

No, I wasn't. I was replying to shark to point out his error. That is independent of you starting the discussion.

Last season OBJ threw his QB, coaches, his team and his city under the bus on national tv with the rapper little Wayne sitting next to him. The world barely blinked, they just said he was frustrated at losing but his team loves him.

AB is trying to force his way out of Pitt with crazy antics but he's not throwing EVERYONE under the bus(just Tomlin) but he is a bad guy? 🤔

Edited by dashoe
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Last season OBJ threw his QB, coaches, his team and his city under the bus on national tv with the rapper little Wayne sitting next to him. The world barely blinked, they just said he was frustrated at losing but his team loves him.

AB is trying to force his way out of Pitt with crazy antics but he's not throwing EVERYONE under the bus(just Tomlin) but he is a bad guy? 🤔

I'm not sure either is a bad guy, they are both divas though and I think people have similar views on them both. I do.

50 minutes ago, devaster said:

No, I wasn't. I was replying to shark to point out his error. That is independent of you starting the discussion.

Ok. Not sure why you are telling me this. Just halting any AB discussion. Move along.

33 minutes ago, dashoe said:

There is a large portion of the population of fans that watch football that don't want players to have opinions or speak out at all. Both can definitely be classified as "divas" and have been for a long time, even before the recent antics.

It hasn't impacted their play on the field though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, devaster said:

Posting something that almost entirely agrees (Steelers will not trade Brown to New England, which is what I wrote first) is an odd way to point out an error.

Also, I did not say BB never pays WRs, only that he rarely does.  Moss was making some coin back in 2007.  Welker was making some pretty big bucks near the end of his Patriot tenure, too.

12 minutes ago, devaster said:

There is a large portion of the population of fans that watch football that don't want players to have opinions or speak out at all. Both can definitely be classified as "divas" and have been for a long time, even before the recent antics.

It hasn't impacted their play on the field though.

With respect to Beckham, Jr., I agree.  With respect to Brown, not so much.  He literally walked out on his team prior to a crucial week 17 game immediately after his teammates voted JuJu Team MVP.  Then when Brown tried to return and play on Sunday after missing practice all week, Tomlin finally put his foot down.  So Brown's diva behavior literally impacted his play on the field this year because he wasn't on the field.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

With respect to Beckham, Jr., I agree.  With respect to Brown, not so much.  He literally walked out on his team prior to a crucial week 17 game immediately after his teammates voted JuJu Team MVP.  Then when Brown tried to return and play on Sunday after missing practice all week, Tomlin finally put his foot down.  So Brown's diva behavior literally impacted his play on the field this year because he wasn't on the field.

According to AB the story is different he told Tomlin  he was feeling a bit banged up and Tomlin told him you don't have to be here in a way he took it to say if you don't practice go home.  So he went home and skipped the game.

Two sides to every tale. . .😮

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

According to AB the story is different he told Tomlin  he was feeling a bit banged up and Tomlin told him you don't have to be here in a way he took it to say if you don't practice go home.  So he went home and skipped the game.

They are probably both lying. They deserve each other tbh.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

It's true that there are two sides to every tale, but we know AB's side is transparently self-serving and nonsensical, as he was on the sidelines in his fur coat during the first half because Tomlin told him he was not playing.  That's skipping the game?

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

They are probably both lying. They deserve each other tbh.

And, if my prediction proves true, Tomlin and Brown will get the chance to try to coexist again in 2019.

I am not buying these breathless reports that a trade for Brown will be completed by Friday.  Not even a little bit.

4 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

It's true that there are two sides to every tale, but we know AB's side is transparently self-serving and nonsensical, as he was on the sidelines in his fur coat during the first half because Tomlin told him he was not playing.  That's skipping the game?

Still has to show up to collect his paycheck don't want to lose money for a complete no-show. . .👁️

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Still has to show up to collect his paycheck don't want to lose money for a complete no-show. . .👁️

Maybe we'll be lucky enough to get live video feed from the facility.  We'll be able to tell a lot by his body language.

3 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Anybody actually believe a trade gets pulled off by tomorrow like reported? I’m an AB owner in a keeper league and curious to see how this situation ends up.

I'll say a trade happens on draft day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Anybody actually believe a trade gets pulled off by tomorrow like reported? I’m an AB owner in a keeper league and curious to see how this situation ends up.

I don't.  Interesting how the previous report, "Brown will be traded by Friday the 8th" has now become "please make your best offer by Friday the 8th."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I don't.  Interesting how the previous report, "Brown will be traded by Friday the 8th" has now become "please make your best offer by Friday the 8th."

Just seems like a never ending Saga. I just hope he somehow stays in Pittsburgh but that bridge has been burned to the ground.

7 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I know you've been pretty vocal about him either not playing or playing for Pitt next season.  What do you think is the lowest offer they'd accept?  

8 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I'll say a trade happens on draft day.

I feel like if they really wanted to trade him, they'd want to save that bonus money they have to pay out on the 17th.  With that said, however, would be very interesting to see whether offers increased or decreased as the FA period continues until the draft.

42 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

I know you've been pretty vocal about him either not playing or playing for Pitt next season.  What do you think is the lowest offer they'd accept?  

They want a 1st and I think they will hold out for that.  Since no 1st round offers will be materializing by Friday, Brown is still going to be a Steeler on Saturday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joebaker23 said:

No incentive for another team to trade for AB this early. Easier to let the Steelers eat the bonus and see how FA opens up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the Steelers are indeed seeking final offers in the Antonio Brown sweepstakes by Friday, and that they are not "first round or bust" in their compensation thinking.

One way to interpret this: No one is offering a first-rounder. Per Fowler, there is "no definitive leader" to acquire the league's best receiver. The Steelers' ultimatum seems to be about both improving the offers on hand and bringing an end to months of drama. It's quite possible, if not likely, Brown has a new home in 24 hours.

Mar 7, 2019, 2:09 PM

It almost sounds like the Raiders are bidding against themselves, which is pretty much par for the Jon Gruden course at this point in his 2nd tenure.  If he lands in Oakland, its just a wasteland and has 2% chance of working out for both the Raiders and Brown.  I feel like the public comments from the Steelers are a simple attempt to get Oakland to up its offer.

I think the Steelers would gladly trade him to Oakland as well, knowing it'll end badly.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

It almost sounds like the Raiders are bidding against themselves, which is pretty much par for the Jon Gruden course at this point in his 2nd tenure.  If he lands in Oakland, its just a wasteland and has 2% chance of working out for both the Raiders and Brown.  I feel like the public comments from the Steelers are a simple attempt to get Oakland to up its offer.

I think the Steelers would gladly trade him to Oakland as well, knowing it'll end badly.

Could you imagine some of those potential AB/Gruden sideline spats?  Lol

57 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the Steelers are indeed seeking final offers in the Antonio Brown sweepstakes by Friday, and that they are not "first round or bust" in their compensation thinking.

One way to interpret this: No one is offering a first-rounder. Per Fowler, there is "no definitive leader" to acquire the league's best receiver. The Steelers' ultimatum seems to be about both improving the offers on hand and bringing an end to months of drama. It's quite possible, if not likely, Brown has a new home in 24 hours.

Mar 7, 2019, 2:09 PM

I wonder what the best offer they have received yet is?  Likely not good enough, from the Steeler point of view.