Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook


Message added by tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, devaster said:

NFL fans and fantasy owners react just as crazy if not more crazy than NFL players most of the time. This thread is a perfect example.

That's a bit of a straw man. 

The issue here is 1 individual and his "needs" vs 2 teams' (now) worth of individuals' needs. Owners, players, coaches.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steelers locker room  

that feeling when you’re immediately proven wrong 🤣     

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, pittsports87 said:

The Steelers really created a monster in AB.

That's an interesting point. It's highly likely the Steelers would have been fighting this battle for him in an effort for it all to stay quiet and not become the embarrassment it has now become. 

Steelers right now:

200w.webp?cid=790b7611321c0501fd1c34e176

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Antonio is suddenly getting a case of cold feet.

I think he knows now he should have stayed in the Pitts.     Carr is not going to be as good as Ben ever, and Oakland is a world class dumpster fire of an organization and city. He thinks he is all "that"  because they catered to him in Steeler nation for years, but the home boys on the Raiders are going to dish some reality to him quick and hard.

Gotta love it when drama Queens get what is coming to them.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Antonio is suddenly getting a case of cold feet.

I think he knows now he should have stayed in the Pitts.     Carr is not going to be as good as Ben ever, and Oakland is a world class dumpster fire of an organization and city. He thinks he is all "that"  because they catered to him in Steeler nation for years, but the home boys on the Raiders are going to dish some reality to him quick and hard.

Gotta love it when drama Queens get what is coming to them.

I suppose, but he insisted on being traded. Grown man needs to understand to be careful what you wish for, assuming you're correct.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The NFL isn’t going to cave and let him wear the old helmet. But he’s going to play. He’s not walking away from 50 mill. But I could see him not caring/trying at all and almost forcing Oakland to bench or cut him. Then he’d still get 30 mill and only be walking away from 20. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, devaster said:

 Now he can't wear the helmet he has always worn. I'd fight for that too if I had the kind of resources he has.

 

JHC. This isn’t about a helmet. This is about making the league worship at the altar of AB.

 

Screw him.  Let him piss away his money in a couple of years and try to earn money while he salsas and flips burgers at Mickey Ds.

Edited by Bronco Billy
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, devaster said:

NFL fans and fantasy owners react just as crazy if not more crazy than NFL players most of the time. This thread is a perfect example.

You’re not worried about AB? If not I found the crazy fan

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

This guy’s bat$hit crazy plain and simple.  DND 

 I can see some big games...but the odds of him making it through a season without incident are shrinking by the day.   

It appears to me that he won't even make it TO the season, let alone through the season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

It appears to me that he won't even make it TO the season, let alone through the season.

Against this entire backdrop is a certain Red-a** named Gruden.

I would love to hear Gruden's MNF take on this. Not his HC-of-Raiders take - the MNF one.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This just keeps getting crazier and crazier. 

I don't care how talented he is. Dude's got some serious issues IMHO...

According to Sports Illustrated's Michael Silver, Antonio Brown's "vocal" frustration over the league's new helmet rules has "contributed to a disconnect" with the Raiders.

Silver's thread is worth reading in its entirety. Brown, who flamed out of Pittsburgh in spectacular fashion last season, has reportedly been a similar headache since arriving in Oakland, lashing out over the league's new helmet requirements. Of the 32 players required to change helmets this year including Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady, only Brown has refused to comply, going as far as to repaint his old helmet in hopes that the Raiders wouldn't notice (spoiler: it didn't work). One member of the Raiders organization called Brown's continued resistance "honestly the most insane thing I've ever heard" while another noted that AB "hasn't been here for awhile, and no one knows where he's at." Silver adds that Brown has also ruffled feathers by barely paying attention in team meetings, often showing up late while spending most of the time glued to his phone. The Raiders may be feeling buyer's remorse after seeing some of Brown's recent antics.

Aug 9, 2019, 4:15 PM ET

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Athletes tend to be overly superstitious and heavily routine-oriented. Disruptions in that do not go well. Equipment is one example. AB is a lightning rod and the media reporting anything about him is news relevant. That isn't going to change until he goes back about his business of being the best WR in the NFL and winning games.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, devaster said:

That isn't going to change until he goes back about his business of being the best WR in the NFL and winning games.

That shipped sailed the moment he signed with the Raiders.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, devaster said:

Athletes tend to be overly superstitious and heavily routine-oriented. Disruptions in that do not go well. Equipment is one example. AB is a lightning rod and the media reporting anything about him is news relevant. That isn't going to change until he goes back about his business of being the best WR in the NFL and winning games.

 

Yeah because there’s a line of guys saying they’ll retire over a helmet 🙄

 

Antonio Clowns act has already worn thin and it’s preseason.   Just Say No

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...