NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steelers locker room  

that feeling when you’re immediately proven wrong 🤣     

Posted Images

I can definitely see him signing with New England if he's cut loose.  If they gave the pothead Josh Gordon repeated chances and haven't cut him, I'm sure they'll give Brown a chance, too, especially when he's one of the top wr's of the past decade.

Edited by sjm76
1 minute ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Has to be at least a game or the Raiders are a joke.  You can't go after the GM like that, you just can't.  Probably should have been fined/suspended after the Instagram post.

he's gone

turned into total locker room poison in Pittsburg

doing the same in Oakland 

smart thing to do is get him outta' there  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Wow Mayock's Press Conference lasted 5 seconds and provided nothing but a no comment. LMAO

Did he have a black eye?  Defense wounds?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, sjm76 said:

I'm sure the Raiders brass knows what they're getting into when signing the headcases that they've been signing for years.

If they knew, they wouldn't keep making the exact same brain dead mistakes year after year. Its pretty obvious that they dont know s---!

1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

Mayock: "He is not in the building. He (Brown) will not be practicing."

That's all Mayock gave us.

That sounds worse than just saying he was suspended for 1 game. That sounds like something bigger is coming. 

• Like 3
Just now, sjm76 said:

I can definitely see him signing with New England if he's cut loose.  If they gave the pothead Josh Gordon repeated chances and haven't cut him, I'm sure they'll give Brown a chance, too, especially when he's on the top wr's of the past decade.

Gordon was dirt cheap and risk free, and has his problems but he's not a locker room virus like this guy. dont get me wrong, someone will take him, somehow, someway, but I don't think it will be Pats. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, sjm76 said:

I can definitely see him signing with New England if he's cut loose.  If they gave the pothead Josh Gordon repeated chances and haven't cut him, I'm sure they'll give Brown a chance, too, especially when he's one of the top wr's of the past decade.

Except that Brown is infinitely more expensive than Gordon. 

Everyone posting about "NE will get him" really isn't paying attention. The Patriots will take chances on guys but they do not overpay.

• Like 3
Just now, Brownsfan74 said:

Yeah.  They're in the war room trying to figure out how to salvage this.

By salvage this you mean get rid of AB, void his contract and move on with their season normally? If they can void his contract, I think they will. They only gave up a 3rd/5th for him. It hurts but it's better than having to deal with this drama every single week. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, griffin727 said:

Sounds like Mayock and co. really haven't determined what they are doing yet.

Agree.  I mean....it's kind of a big situation and big decision.  Shouldn't rush it.  I dunno why they held a press conference though.

AB the type of dude to sign with the Pats for league minimum, all of the sudden become a choir boy, win a SB, then go right back to being AB next season.  Watch.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, JJ1223 said:

AB the type of dude to sign with the Pats for league minimum, all of the sudden become a choir boy, win a SB, then go right back to being AB next season.  Watch.

AB the type to sign for league minimum?

HAHAHAHAHAHA boy what you smokin'

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, elroypedro said:

Mayock is a clown

LOL.  I'm assuming you are an AB owner.  The same could be said of AB, and even more so.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Raiders are fed up with him and cut him or trade him.

• Like 1
Just now, Brownsfan74 said:

Agree.  I mean....it's kind of a big situation and big decision.  Shouldn't rush it.  I dunno why they held a press conference though.

It's either AB falls in line or he's out. Perhaps they are looking at ways to salvage this so they don't look like fools, regardless of which way they decide (impossible at this point but this is the Raiders).