NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

3 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Rosenhaus told AB to put on the performance of a lifetime with a "heartfelt" apology so he wouldn't cost himself thirty million dollars and the Raiders embarrassingly bought it. 

And so AB wouldn't cost Rosenhaus $3 million (assuming he gets the standard 10%).

• Like 2
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steelers locker room  

that feeling when you’re immediately proven wrong 🤣     

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

6/71/1? Broncos defense is nasty. He might not even score. 

Denver does have a great Defense. I could see this go either way.  I wouldn't be shocked if he caught one deep ball early for a TD. It just seems like a feasible story line. You have to believe the Raiders would love for that to happen at home to deaden the pain of the previous weeks. 

Edited by mongidig

Wow, there was a small 18 hour window to buy low on AB when it looked like he was going to be shown the door.  Now that door is slammed shut.... until the next transgression.

Is all of his $30 million guaranteed once he plays in a game?  I know there was some bonus if he was on the week 1 active roster.  What if the team suspends him week 2 because he has a fit over his jock strap not being ironed?  Will the Raiders still have an out and be able to get the money back?  I'm assuming not.

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

Wow, there was a small 18 hour window to buy low on AB when it looked like he was going to be shown the door.  Now that door is slammed shut.... until the next transgression.

Is all of his $30 million guaranteed once he plays in a game?  I know there was some bonus if he was on the week 1 active roster.  What if the team suspends him week 2 because he has a fit over his jock strap not being ironed?  Will the Raiders still have an out and be able to get the money back?  I'm assuming not.

There are always conduct clauses in players contracts.  A breach of his contract as a result of his behavior would allow his team to seek a pro-rated portion of the guaranteed money back, but it would most probably require a civil suit to recover the money. 

• Like 1

In the end it would come to a settlement or be argued in litigation. That it why the Raiders have a little leverage. Antonio has accumulated a small mountain of issues that could lead to the suspension and a difficult argument in court. If he was a choir boy that was over the hill and not producing, the Black and Silver would have to pony up without leverage.

Maybe Gruden is trying to look like he's on AB's side for when OAK overrules him and suspends AB,

In other words, I'd still be shocked if AB plays week 1.

Edited by DLG10

Eric Dickerson comes to mind but I don't remember him having these kinds of issues. Then again that was (gasp!) pre internet days. Colts suspended him for quite a few games but I dont remember the contract ramifications. That was pre guarenteed money also, I think.

7 minutes ago, ACLs said:

In the end it would come to a settlement or be argued in litigation. That it why the Raiders have a little leverage. Antonio has accumulated a small mountain of issues that could lead to the suspension and a difficult argument in court. If he was a choir boy that was over the hill and not producing, the Black and Silver would have to pony up without leverage.

Still, isn't AB worth a lot more than $30+ million to them if he actually plays a full season and plays well? Stars like that are hard to find. He adds immeasurable value to the team in terms of TV deals, merchandise sales, ticket sales, etc.

If it wasn't profitable for them to begin with, they would have never offered him that money.

He is worth more to them ON the field. They don't really want to suspend him. 

10 minutes ago, Jalallar said:

Didn’t Cooper go 10/116, week 2 at Denver last season? Hoping AB gets 12/140/2 😝

Since then they signed Bryce Callahan and Kareem Jackson, both are good defensive backs. Also they now have Vic Fangio who came from the bears. I think Broncos post a top 3 season this year for fantasy defense. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Still, isn't AB worth a lot more than $30+ million to them if he actually plays a full season and plays well? Stars like that are hard to find. He adds immeasurable value to the team in terms of TV deals, merchandise sales, ticket sales, etc.

If it wasn't profitable for them to begin with, they would have never offered him that money.

He is worth more to them ON the field. They don't really want to suspend him. 

Agreed. If they still think he can perform. If they have got to the point of the scales being tipped they might want to cut bait. I tend to think he is still going to get 150 targets but he has to stay sane for 4 months.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jalallar said:

Didn’t Cooper go 10/116, week 2 at Denver last season? Hoping AB gets 12/140/2 😝

I'm not being greedy. I'll take half that. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

The Team owners need to step in and save themselves some money......Cut bait and move one.  Suspend then drop.  It is their last chance to save some money and the team.

Yeah Mayock needs to be fired now. Don’t wait another second

4 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Agree.

After seeing what happened in Pittsburgh, it would be kind of ridiculous for them to jettison Brown for basically the same behavior.  That would actually make Raiders management look dumb.

I'm impressed that AB came and apologized to the team.  Lot of people on this thread didn't think he was capable of it.

I still wonder if he did it because he's truly sorry or because of the guaranteed 2019 salary.

Oh I think u know 

💰 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

6/71/1? Broncos defense is nasty. He might not even score. 

What is this his 1st half numbers?

There isn't anyone in the league that can cover AB, look up his numbers.

Carr is going to throw the ball to AB a minimum of 12+ targets a game, expect the Broncos secondary to be lit up like a Christmas tree Monday night by Brown, Waller, and Williams.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

The Team owners need to step in and save themselves some money......Cut bait and move one.  Suspend then drop.  It is their last chance to save some money and the team.

this team is about to move to las vegas.  derek carr and tyrell williams dont sell jerseys in mccarron.  for better or worse, this organization is tied to AB and everyone needs him to succeed so that they can....

Edited by herschel
1 minute ago, skye2388 said:

I avoided AB in all my drafts solely because I think the Raiders will be bad this year.  So far they've proven to be dysfunctional.

How so? All I've seen is the media blowing things out of proportion

2 minutes ago, dms80790 said:

How so? All I've seen is the media blowing things out of proportion

Well, it's pretty obvious AB's antics have carried over from Pittsburgh.  If you'd like more background on that, the following is a long but interesting read:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2852344-how-the-steelers-big-three-became-just-big-ben

Besides that, he threatened to punch the GM in the face.  That's essentially your bosses (Gruden) boss.  There's gonna be a divide in the Raiders organization this year if AB stays.

Also, some big red flags for me were how Gruden traded Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper last year.  He also chose to stick with Carr, which even tho he might not have any better options, I think Carr is trash. 

All of these moves, coupled with going 4-12 last year, are looking more and more like huge mistakes to me and now this added dysfunctional situation with AB has really got be feeling like I made the right choice not to risk drafting AB.

1 minute ago, skye2388 said:

Well, it's pretty obvious AB's antics have carried over from Pittsburgh.  If you'd like more background on that, the following is a long but interesting read:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2852344-how-the-steelers-big-three-became-just-big-ben

Besides that, he threatened to punch the GM in the face.  That's essentially your bosses (Gruden) boss.  There's gonna be a divide in the Raiders organization this year if AB stays.

Also, some big red flags for me were how Gruden traded Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper last year.  He also chose to stick with Carr, which even tho he might not have any better options, I think Carr is trash. 

All of these moves, coupled with going 4-12 last year, are looking more and more like huge mistakes to me and now this added dysfunctional situation with AB has really got be feeling like I made the right choice not to risk drafting AB.

Fair enough. Even though I disagree to an extent in that I think we just have to wait and see what happens when the games start, I appreciate you supporting your view with evidence.

I think everyone is gonna regret not drafting the greatest WR since Randy Moss in the late 2nd/early 3rd just because of a lot of media drama. A lot of people talk about buying low and selling high, but when the time to buy low actually comes, they're scared to pull the trigger lol. 

Good luck this year though

• Like 1