NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

5 hours ago, mbell317 said:

The outburst at the GM I agree with you. 

Forsbite damaged feet? No one would care. A funny blurb at most. 

Helmet problem? No one would care. .

Posting a video with audio between you and your coach? No one would care. 

Well some people might care about the last part because California is a two-party consent state.  

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steelers locker room  

that feeling when you’re immediately proven wrong 🤣     

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Padilla814 said:

Very disappointed in AB.. but what do owners expect fantasy wise? He’s an incredible receiver but I don’t think Carr will be able to get him the ball.

I will be interested in what kind of rapport they have.  Home game helps, but tough first test against Miller and Chubb.  Carr will be getting plenty of pressure, and this will be the first game action for Brown. 

Damn, this thread runs on wishful thinking. Unless you want really hard to spin it that way, there is nothing negative about the raiders organisation in the video, I don't see why Gruden would press charges over something meaningless like that. When they signed him, they knew they were in for a media circus and honestly beside the GM altercation there has been nothing worthy of a release. And fwiw, I've no shares of AB

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
43 minutes ago, egolam said:

Damn, this thread runs on wishful thinking. Unless you want really hard to spin it that way, there is nothing negative about the raiders organisation in the video, I don't see why Gruden would press charges over something meaningless like that. When they signed him, they knew they were in for a media circus and honestly beside the GM altercation there has been nothing worthy of a release. And fwiw, I've no shares of AB

Why would he release video of a private conversation with the coach where the coach is asking him if he wants to be a Raider and his response is do you want me here?

I don't see what the intention behind that could be other than making the organization look bad and making him look like less of a "villain" as if people care about AB that much lol.

8 minutes ago, buccsfan22 said:

Why would he release video of a private conversation with the coach where the coach is asking him if he wants to be a Raider and his response is do you want me here?

I don't see what the intention behind that could be other than making the organization look bad and making him look like less of a "villain" as if people care about AB that much lol.

He probably released it because per his ego, people care about AB that much.  Look how long this thread is.  But it also highlights the difference between Gruden and Mayock, and how to handle someone like AB.  Mayock probably would have fined or suspended AB over this, and yeah he would be in the right.  But AB would be off the deep end, never playing for the Raiders again, etc.

Gruden's reaction?  "It's awesome."

So now AB is all smiles and he's ready to ball out Monday.  This is the point I've been trying to make for many pages:  GMs, sales people, managers, they need to know how to handle different personalities appropriately, or get rid of the ones they don't like, or "treat them all the same" and accept that some will leave.  There are people in this world who if you don't say "good morning" to them every day, they think you don't like them and grow resentful.  And there are people who if you say good morning to them every day, they get annoyed and think you're up in their business.  Good sales people/GMs know how to read these things and treat people accordingly.  Hopefully Mayock learns it some day.

14 minutes ago, buccsfan22 said:

Well, you're right on the part he wants to look less as a villain, but I don't see how it is at the expense of the organisation. If anything this looks like couple renewing their vows, "lets put behind our wrongs and focus on week 1"

Edited by egolam
1 minute ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

The things these teams put themselves through and put up with for a position that doesn’t mean a damn thing when it comes to winning. Brown’s narcissism is unrivaled. 

1) Pick any NFL team.

2) Replace their WRs with Nuk, Adams, Julio, OBJ, Juju, and Tyreek Hill (or whoever your top six are)

3) Does it change their win total in your mind?

2 minutes ago, oban14 said:

He probably released it because per his ego, people care about AB that much.  Look how long this thread is.  But it also highlights the difference between Gruden and Mayock, and how to handle someone like AB.  Mayock probably would have fined or suspended AB over this, and yeah he would be in the right.  But AB would be off the deep end, never playing for the Raiders again, etc.

Gruden's reaction?  "It's awesome."

So now AB is all smiles and he's ready to ball out Monday.  This is the point I've been trying to make for many pages:  GMs, sales people, managers, they need to know how to handle different personalities appropriately, or get rid of the ones they don't like, or "treat them all the same" and accept that some will leave.  There are people in this world who if you don't say "good morning" to them every day, they think you don't like them and grow resentful.  And there are people who if you say good morning to them every day, they get annoyed and think you're up in their business.  Good sales people/GMs know how to read these things and treat people accordingly.  Hopefully Mayock learns it some day.

It's week one, there's not much news other than this right now especially since Zeke signed. AB is all smiles because he's like wow look how much I can get away with on this team so far. Honestly, I only think it's going to get worse.

I can't believe Gruden was actually okay with this. You're probably right and he's just catering to the player on that one. We'll see how this ends up I guess.

3 minutes ago, egolam said:

Well, you're right on the part he wants to look less as a villain, but I don't see how it is at the expense of the organisation. If anything this looks like couple renewing their vows, "lets put behind our wrongs and focus on week 1"

It ends on him saying do you want me here without an answer. The way I see it, he wants people to see him as a victim like I'm just trying to live my life and work my a** off for this team and I don't even know if they want me here. Maybe I'm reading it wrong or he didn't mean it that way.

If he wanted to just focus on week 1, why post it?

1 minute ago, buccsfan22 said:

It's week one, there's not much news other than this right now especially since Zeke signed. AB is all smiles because he's like wow look how much I can get away with on this team so far. Honestly, I only think it's going to get worse.

I can't believe Gruden was actually okay with this. You're probably right and he's just catering to the player on that one. We'll see how this ends up I guess.

I expect AB to crush it Monday.  The problem I foresee is when they have a bad loss, or a few, and there gets to be some finger pointing between Carr and AB, or Gruden and AB.  It's a long season with lots of ups and downs and I don't see AB handling some (maybe all) of the downs without having an epic meltdown which might actually get him released or deactivated.

I do think he's addicted to the attention now and he's going to keep acting out to see what he can get away with before he gets banned.  Happens to me on forums like this all the time.  😂

1 minute ago, oban14 said:

1) Pick any NFL team.

2) Replace their WRs with Nuk, Adams, Julio, OBJ, Juju, and Tyreek Hill (or whoever your top six are)

3) Does it change their win total in your mind?

o-line and playmakers on defense far exceed any diva WR, as far as team success goes. 

to wit, i think Khalil Mack would make a much bigger difference in the Raiders win total this year than AB will, but, ya know ... he be on the Bears now, so there ya go. 

these cats are great for magick foosball, but they're down the food chain when it comes to professional tackle foosball clubs bagging wins and titles. 

btw, not all of those cats you listed are of the Diva ilk, just using that moniker to apply to the deebag knuckleheads who earn it. 

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

o-line and playmakers on defense far exceed any diva WR, as far as team success goes. 

to wit, i think Khalil Mack would make a much bigger difference in the Raiders win total this year than AB will, but, ya know ... he be on the Bears now, so there ya go. 

these cats are great for magick foosball, but they're down the food chain when it comes to professional tackle foosball clubs bagging wins and titles. 

btw, not all of those cats you listed are of the Diva ilk, just using that moniker to apply to the deebag knuckleheads who earn it. 

I'm not saying it's the most important position, and I agree that a great OL/pass rush is more valuable.  I was taking with with your claim that WR is "a position that doesn’t mean a damn thing when it comes to winning".  Put the best six WRs on any given NFL team and they will win more and for a dozen they'd be a lock to win the super bowl.

6 minutes ago, oban14 said:

I expect AB to crush it Monday.  The problem I foresee is when they have a bad loss, or a few, and there gets to be some finger pointing between Carr and AB, or Gruden and AB.  It's a long season with lots of ups and downs and I don't see AB handling some (maybe all) of the downs without having an epic meltdown which might actually get him released or deactivated.

I do think he's addicted to the attention now and he's going to keep acting out to see what he can get away with before he gets banned.  Happens to me on forums like this all the time.  😂

I don’t know about him crushing it on Monday but I will agree on AB probably won’t make it through the whole season. 

3 minutes ago, oban14 said:

I'm not saying it's the most important position, and I agree that a great OL/pass rush is more valuable.  I was taking with with your claim that WR is "a position that doesn’t mean a damn thing when it comes to winning".  Put the best six WRs on any given NFL team and they will win more and for a dozen they'd be a lock to win the super bowl.

not with the Giants oline and Blaine Gabbert getting them the ball with Trent Richardson in the backfield along with the Buccs defense you have a bottom 5 team

• Thanks 2
1 minute ago, The Cam's Pyjamas said:

Someone take his phone away from him SMH

Man what I wouldn't give to be left alone with his phone for five minutes.  I would have this thread to 200 pages before he could delete it.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, bengalfan27 said:

not with the Giants oline and Blaine Gabbert getting them the ball with Trent Richardson in the backfield along with the Buccs defense you have a bottom 5 team

Go test it in Madden, first that team with bad receivers, then the 6 best WRs in the game.  Sim a few seasons and count the difference in wins and let us know how it turns out.

• Haha 1