NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steelers locker room  

that feeling when you’re immediately proven wrong 🤣     

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, oban14 said:

I don't read it that way.  I read it as he wants them to unleash him.

I read it the same way. He could have easily been cut yesterday if they actually suspended him and he forfeited his guaranteed money.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, bengalfan27 said:

Madden ain't real life

If you don't think adding six all-pro WRs to ANY NFL team will improve their win totals, we just have to agree to disagree.

1 minute ago, CViewPride35 said:

I dont think he will play another down in the nfl... i cant imagine any team picking him up if he ever gets released by the raiders

It sounds like Gruden, or some players, or Mayock privately gave him grief about the video last night (despite what Gruden said publicly).  I'm assuming Mayock.

1 minute ago, Berko1se said:

AB: Release me, Raiders.

You: Nah....that's not what he meant.

I think if you look at the whole thing, "Release me @Raiders #NOmore" means he won't be released by the raiders anymore.

It's all about context my boy.  Context.  😎

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Image result for popcorn gif

I stand corrected!  I guess the Raiders chose to upset him instead of cowtow to him.  They're being pretty shady tbh, you can either kiss up to AB or expect him to act like this.

2 minutes ago, Steve226 said:

Welp. I guess we hold onto him til we see which team wants to sign him and deal with this nonsense.

or he retires. I feel like that is the more likely scenario.

This means war, IMO.  They probably want him to retire.  So what if he keeps acting out as much as possible, yet shows up for practice and games?  While making sure everyone knows how much he hates the raiders, his coach, GM, teammates?  Who will win this epic troll battle of wills, the RAIDERS... or AB?

Stay tuned!

Wow, this guy needs some serious professional help. He's making some just really bad decisions. 

Where's his family/close network in all of this? Some people close to AB are not doing him any favors by letting him act out like this. 

• Like 1
Just now, Brownsfan74 said:

So even if he suits up Monday, his 2019 salary is not guaranteed?  He gets paid by the game?

I will be surprised if he plays on Monday now that his guaranteed money is gone.

I need to see how those game checks look.  But looking at this:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/antonio-brown-6702/

I think it means he still gets paid that amount (14-15m per year) but he has to show up for each game to get it, whereas if he kept his mouth shut until Monday it would have been guaranteed.

3 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

So even if he suits up Monday, his 2019 salary is not guaranteed?  He gets paid by the game?

I will be surprised if he plays on Monday now that his guaranteed money is gone.

Same here. 

Seems like he’s looking for an out from football 

Edited by Impreza178