NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Just now, The G Man said:

Wow, this guy needs some serious professional help. He's making some just really bad decisions. 

Where's his family/close network in all of this? Some people close to AB are not doing him any favors by letting him act out like this. 

he's keeping it real, yo ... his sycophants prolly love how he's "fighting the power" - this is gargantuan VICTIM complex run quite the eff amok. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steelers locker room  

that feeling when you’re immediately proven wrong 🤣     

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

So even if he suits up Monday, his 2019 salary is not guaranteed?  He gets paid by the game?

I will be surprised if he plays on Monday now that his guaranteed money is gone.

If he plays the first game his contract automatically becomes guaranteed for 14.6 million for this year but his guaranteed's are now toast. 

2 minutes ago, panthers528 said:

Why any team would take a risk with this diva is beyond me if he gets released.  After seeing all of the garbage he has pulled to date, I would think every GM would have their reservations. 

Talent trumps everything in the NFL, outside of video tape of assaults against women/children or murder.  Another team will give him a shot but the contract won't be anywhere close to what he got from the Raiders.  Is there an OC or HC who worked with AB on the Steelers and genuinely thinks he can work with him at this point?

3 minutes ago, bengalfan27 said:

I thought if you were on an active roster week 1 your yearly salary was guaranteed. players union would probably fight this.

He was fined by the team which voided his guarantees. The union will for sure try to fight it but if it's written into the contract there is about a 0% chance they would win. 

2 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

If he plays the first game his contract automatically becomes guaranteed for 14.6 million for this year but his guaranteed's are now toast. 

Don’t think so.  

According to Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio, Brown still is owed $29.125 million in guaranteed money, which is slated to be given out in salary over the next two seasons. But a suspension likely would void the guarantees, giving the Raiders the option to cut the talented receiver without owing him another dime should he continue to be a thorn in their behind. 

If the Raiders suspend Brown for Week 1, that also gives them the option to cut ties with him at any point without having to pay him anything under the Termination Pay provision which allows veterans to collect the remainder of his salary if he is on the active roster Week 1. 

Just now, Funkenstein said:

So if you get fined you lose your guaranteed money?  I find that difficult to believe.  Can someone explain?

It was probably written in his contract that if he's fined a certain amount for conduct detrimental to the team that it triggers a void in his contract. 

• Like 1
Just now, Impreza178 said:

Don’t think so.  

According to Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio, Brown still is owed $29.125 million in guaranteed money, which is slated to be given out in salary over the next two seasons. But a suspension likely would void the guarantees, giving the Raiders the option to cut the talented receiver without owing him another dime should he continue to be a thorn in their behind. 

If the Raiders suspend Brown for Week 1, that also gives them the option to cut ties with him at any point without having to pay him anything under the Termination Pay provision which allows veterans to collect the remainder of his salary if he is on the active roster Week 1. 

I heard on the radio yesterday that they need to cut him before week 1 to void everything. 

All he had to do was keep quiet for 48 hours.  Just wait until kickoff on Monday and smear whatever you want on the locker room walls, cut your mouth like the joker, get plastic surgery to look like a lion, literally anything.  He couldn't do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, bigbluecrew56 said:

I heard on the radio yesterday that they need to cut him before week 1 to void everything. 

I could be reading it wrong-  but it sounds like They need to suspend him before week 1 to trigger a clause that basically makes him paid week to week.    Damn smart by the Raiders if true.    

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

I could be reading it wrong-  but it sounds like They need to suspend him before week 1 to trigger a clause that basically makes him paid week to week.    Damn smart by the Raiders if true.    

They'd be dumb to just suspend him. Just cut him, no one is trading for him at this point.

5 minutes ago, oban14 said:

All he had to do was keep quiet for 48 hours.  Just wait until kickoff on Monday and smear whatever you want on the locker room walls, cut your mouth like the joker, get plastic surgery to look like a lion, literally anything.  He couldn't do it.

Lol he couldn’t he even make it to the regular season for 30 mill. 

1 minute ago, buccsfan22 said:

Just continues the circus. Just cut him and let the rest of your team focus on the season. What value do his rights have at this point?

Trade value 💰 

entertainment value 🤡 

or just old fashioned REVENGE!!!

Never give away something that you can sell 

• Haha 1
Just now, Impreza178 said:

Trade value 💰 

entertainment value 🤡 

or just old fashioned REVENGE!!!

Never give away something that you can sell 

He has 0 trade value at this point and I doubt his teammates appreciate the entertainment value