NBC Sports Edge Forums

Travis Kelce 2019 Outlook

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For how much Moore targeted him tonight once he came in, I'm much less worried about Kelce than anyone else on that offense.

If you are looking for a "safe" player at the back end of the 1st or beginning of the 2nd, here's your selection.  This guy has more floor than Home Depot. 2016: 85-1125-4 TD 2017: 83-1038-8 TD

Was Mahomes just being cocky with that no look attempt? Because that was an automatic 6 for a wide open Kelce.

Kelce fell to me last night at pick 22 in my 12 team PPR league. He usually goes no later than 17 and many times much earlier. Instead of taking the bottom of the RB and WR range I grabbed the best TE. I think he could get similar numbers this year to last and it's possible we have not seen his ceiling yet with Mahomes as his QB. Maybe there are less Tyreek big pays and more TD's for Kelce. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mongidig said:

Kelce fell to me last night at pick 22 in my 12 team PPR league. He usually goes no later than 17 and many times much earlier. Instead of taking the bottom of the RB and WR range I grabbed the best TE. I think he could get similar numbers this year to last and it's possible we have not seen his ceiling yet with Mahomes as his QB. Maybe there are less Tyreek big pays and more TD's for Kelce. 

Scooped him up at the 2/3 Turn in a 12 teamer. Pick 26. Had to do it although I wanted to go with a Streaming TE.

Keep going TRAVIS!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Eck27 said:

Thoughts on Hill being out effect on Kelce? More targets + more coverage? 

Of course it's a good thing for Kelce. That's 8-10 targets freed up and he'll probably receive 2-4 of them. He's a beast and generally uncoverable, and also happens to have a top-5 qb throwing to him. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, beerfish said:

Was Mahomes just being cocky with that no look attempt? Because that was an automatic 6 for a wide open Kelce.

Stupid is what I call it , there was absolutely no reason to bust a no look right there. I mean 8/10 times he would hit that , but s--- happens sometimes. That being said, Kelce is in a prime spot to go on a feeding frenzy while Hill is out. 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, kball09 said:

As someone that drafted Kelce this year and never usually drafted a TE early EVER, I really wish I just waited on TE with so many of them blowing up this past week. In retrospect it may end up being a really deep TE year.

Consistency my man , anyone can blow up a week and do zilch the next . Whether that's a TE, RB , or WR . Don't fret it whatsoever , come back week 6 and tell us how much of a man beast Kelce is. But I will say this, definitely this year, there are some nice pickings at the position . TJ Hockenson and Waller looked really good, but they're still rookies . Theres only guy I'm very high on this year outside the top3 and that's Evan Engram , in PPR he's pure gold . 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, kball09 said:

As someone that drafted Kelce this year and never usually drafted a TE early EVER, I really wish I just waited on TE with so many of them blowing up this past week. In retrospect it may end up being a really deep TE year.

This was the first year I’ve ever drafted early.  We will see at the end of the season.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

Consistency my man , anyone can blow up a week and do zilch the next . Whether that's a TE, RB , or WR . Don't fret it whatsoever , come back week 6 and tell us how much of a man beast Kelce is. But I will say this, definitely this year, there are some nice pickings at the position . TJ Hockenson and Waller looked really good, but they're still rookies . Theres only guy I'm very high on this year outside the top3 and that's Evan Engram , in PPR he's pure gold . 

that is true but the waller Andrews hockinson even mid tier engram howard henry look like freak athletes and the big body recievers that atheltic are unguardable.

we will see coming from someone who just traded Jacobs for Kelce as a Andrews owner.

10 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

that is true but the waller Andrews hockinson even mid tier engram howard henry look like freak athletes and the big body recievers that atheltic are unguardable.

we will see coming from someone who just traded Jacobs for Kelce as a Andrews owner.

Well Engram is definitely not mid tier lol , he's top tier right after the big 3 . OJ Howard has been overhyped imo, and Brate caught the TD passes (they were called back), Winston trusts him alot more I guess. Henry had a decent game, not entirely sold on him just yet. I personally like Andrews, Hockenson, and Waller the most ... but I won't let recency bias fool me into thinking they are anything more than boom or bust. We know for certain rookie TE's are extremely inconsistent . T.J might be the most talented tho, and probably the best pass catcher on his team. Him I could see having a decent season if Stafford is competent in his 2019 campaign. No one seems to be talking about old man Delanie Walker , if healthy and suiting up he has a great chance of catching a TD, but he's oft injured. With all that being said , as fellow Kelce owners here's to having a huge week from Travis this Sunday. Cheers Mate ! 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, beerfish said:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Tyreek Hill (clavicle) will be sidelined 4-6 weeks.

Sep 11, 2019, 8:52 AM ET

Hopefully this means Kelce will eat and not have double coverage rolled his way for the next month.

If the Raiders doubled Sanders for most of the game in week 1, they will most definitely double Kelce all game.

On 9/11/2019 at 6:00 AM, beerfish said:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Tyreek Hill (clavicle) will be sidelined 4-6 weeks.

Sep 11, 2019, 8:52 AM ET

Hopefully this means Kelce will eat and not have double coverage rolled his way for the next month.

Why double someone you can't cover? 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

After watching KC lately, I actually think Hill being out hurts Kelce more than helps him. There were two ways this could have gone with Hill being out. One was Kelce would get more targets, therefore his production would go up. The other was that he would see coverage rolled his way and his production would take a hit. From what I've seen he has been getting double teamed a lot. Most his damage comes from intermediate routes where he can't be doubled. Since Hill has been out he's really yet to hit a huge play other than the big TD against Oakland. He has been consistent, but seems like his ceiling is capped with Hill out. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I think Hill coming back should be great for Kelce. He has been really consistent, he's been right around 7 catches for about 70-100 yards this season.

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

After watching KC lately, I actually think Hill being out hurts Kelce more than helps him. There were two ways this could have gone with Hill being out. One was Kelce would get more targets, therefore his production would go up. The other was that he would see coverage rolled his way and his production would take a hit. From what I've seen he has been getting double teamed a lot. Most his damage comes from intermediate routes where he can't be doubled. Since Hill has been out he's really yet to hit a huge play other than the big TD against Oakland. He has been consistent, but seems like his ceiling is capped with Hill out. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I think Hill coming back should be great for Kelce. He has been really consistent, he's been right around 7 catches for about 70-100 yards this season.

i concur

Don't have a stake, haven't been affected by him in any way from a fantasy perspective...

But that lateral play for Shady. 

I wish there were more plays like that in the NFL. And I wish there was a way to attribute fantasy points for the speed of thought and just general beauty and quality of the moment.

• Like 2
On 9/30/2019 at 4:19 AM, CrastersCreep said:

His signature games are coming

Yes, his monster games are definitely still to be seen, and what we have seen thus far has been fine, but I can't shake this feeling that TE ended up being much deeper than expected this year. I have never drafted Kelce before but with the 12th pick, full ppr, I was all in this year. We draft him to have a distinct advantage, but with Waller, Hooper,Andrews,Dissly in addition to Engram, Ertz & Kittle, just seems like this wan't the year to take him.