NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miguel Andujar 2019 Outlook

10 hours ago, mlb2019 said:

he had a good amount HRs and doubles last year with a solid batting average. its not like he was a one trick pony with HRs. however I am losing patience with him considering all the hot waiver wire adds this season.

Seriously ? After how many at bat ? Wow !!!! Go ahead and drop him and I'll bet he is picked up before you can find his replacement .

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couple hits and a HR in extended ST game. Played about 5 innings at 3B.  If everything keeps going well he could be back by next weekend.

Only had 10 less HRs and 15 less RBI than Manny Machado while playing as a rookie.   Yankees would be foolish not to let Andujar work on his defense while he continues to hit for them in 201

Correct me if I’m wrong but he made less errors than Devers last year 

2 hours ago, motown magic said:

Seriously ? After how many at bat ? Wow !!!! Go ahead and drop him and I'll bet he is picked up before you can find his replacement .

I do understand the concerns of some, but agreed it's too early to give up. That said, he does seem to be trending in the wrong direction. If he doesn't turn it around, by the time everyone's healthy he could very well lose playing time to Gio, who is better at third (Andujar for my money is probably the worst defensive 3B in the league) and right now is hitting better. He's a hold still because of the talent he flashed last year and where he was likely drafted this year, but there are red flags popping up now.

43 minutes ago, motown magic said:

Sorry to disagree with you but  Devers  Is worse and that’s a fact. Check it out

I mean, Andujar has a worse UZR, UZR/150, and DRS since last season. But even if we disagree on who's worse, I think my point still stands. He's bad enough in the field that he'd better keep his bat hot or he risks losing playing time.

Edited by phillyphan21
2 hours ago, pushaZ said:

I don't think he is good enough to hold through a long slump

Especially in my 10 team Head to Head redraft points League I'm holding for now but passing up on the lakes of Jeff McNeil Michael Chavis... Don't know how long those other two guys will be available but tempting to make the move in this format

47 minutes ago, bugkilla said:

Especially in my 10 team Head to Head redraft points League I'm holding for now but passing up on the lakes of Jeff McNeil Michael Chavis... Don't know how long those other two guys will be available but tempting to make the move in this format

Don't let anything but fear and common sense hold you back

I dealt him away a few days ago in my 16 team points redraft league and was shocked I could still get good value for him. I am holding in dynasty, but certainly worried his shoulder is bugging him when he's swinging? Could certainly be a little cold snap off the IL too...hard to say yet.

Think about it. How many at bats has he had in the majors this year ? How many at bats did he have during rehab? How many at bats did he have before he got hurt ?

Last year year he got better as the season went on. He finished second in ROY only to Snell who had a steller season himself. In fact you could say Snell is the Andjuar of 2019 only he's a pitcher . Doing better I give you that but copared to last year ?

Andjuar .297 BA - .328 OBP - .527 Slug 83 runs- 27 Hrs - 92 RBI Onl;y struck out about 17 %

Damn . Only 9 games 35 at bats. What did Bregman do his first 35 ? Or JRam ? What are so called superstars like Machado , Goldy, Votto and Harper doing so far ?

Your teams but man some of you are so fast to pull the plug. We aren't talking Byron Buston . I expect this clown to crap the bed. thats why I won't own him anymore after two failed tries.

6 minutes ago, motown magic said:

Think about it. How many at bats has he had in the majors this year ? How many at bats did he have during rehab? How many at bats did he have before he got hurt ?

Last year year he got better as the season went on. He finished second in ROY only to Snell who had a steller season himself. In fact you could say Snell is the Andjuar of 2019 only he's a pitcher . Doing better I give you that but copared to last year ?

Andjuar .297 BA - .328 OBP - .527 Slug 83 runs- 27 Hrs - 92 RBI Onl;y struck out about 17 %

Damn . Only 9 games 35 at bats. What did Bregman do his first 35 ? Or JRam ? What are so called superstars like Machado , Goldy, Votto and Harper doing so far ?

Your teams but man some of you are so fast to pull the plug. We aren't talking Byron Buston . I expect this clown to crap the bed. thats why I won't own him anymore after two failed tries.

Just want to clarify I'm not suggesting anyone drop him. I was lowish on him coming into the year, don't like his walk rate and was afraid his D would eventually cost playing time. That's not to say I don't see the upside but I don't have him anywhere for a reason. If you drafted him where he was going it's way way too early to jump ship. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, hard1 said:

I'd just assume they operate and be done for the season... instead of the back and forth...

Yea he's almost 100% getting the surgery and missing the rest of the season now.

17 minutes ago, NYOrangeNBlue said:

Who's his replacement?

Urshela who has been rock solid.  If he's not for real, then when Didi comes back next month DJLM can play 3B, Didi SS and Gleyber 2B.

As a dynasty owner who needs a replacement I am still happy about this... vs them just moving him off third forever... he'll have a chance to get right and remain at the hot corner for a little longer