NBC Sports Edge Forums

George Kittle 2019 Outlook

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This guy is a colossal bust this year...Vance McDonald is better than him this year as teams are locking Kittle down ( or he cant get open ). If you drafted Kittle in the 2nd/3rd round with the amazin

His 2018 season ended with more accomplishments than you might initially realize...all with nobodies at QB.   -Most receiving yard ever in a season for a TE -Most YAC in the NFL in 2018

Why do I feel like he would say he feels fantastic after getting his leg caught in a wood chipper?

9 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

They should just rest him for we can use him next week...

Tackled at the 1 yard line really hurt, but I’d guess he plays next week with 10 days off. Guy is tough as nails, loves the game. We avoided the 0 tonight, targets are there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know this is illogical, but I'm kind of underwhelmed with his performance. I get he got hurt and soldiered through. But it just feels like a microcosm of his season. He's so tough, so talented, so impressive, but on THE game we've been all waiting for, the blowup game where the game script and opponent is perfect, he gets hurt. Still soldiers through and puts up a solid day. But solid days alone is not what I paid for in the Draft. And now we have 10 days of injury reports and backup TEs to look forward to. 

22 minutes ago, MKO3090 said:

I know this is illogical, but I'm kind of underwhelmed with his performance. I get he got hurt and soldiered through. But it just feels like a microcosm of his season. He's so tough, so talented, so impressive, but on THE game we've been all waiting for, the blowup game where the game script and opponent is perfect, he gets hurt. Still soldiers through and puts up a solid day. But solid days alone is not what I paid for in the Draft. And now we have 10 days of injury reports and backup TEs to look forward to. 

He was tackled 1 yard from a monster day. (6-80-2) Long way to go this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He was all kinds of amped up. If he somehow escaped without any injury good for him and if he has to miss time I will question the decision to allow him to play after getting a serious scare. I hope he’s okay and definitely will be monitoring the sitch

42 minutes ago, Krambone said:

He was all kinds of amped up. If he somehow escaped without any injury good for him and if he has to miss time I will question the decision to allow him to play after getting a serious scare. I hope he’s okay and definitely will be monitoring the sitch

Dude was a warrior last night putting up serious fantasy production after getting hurt. If he has to miss a couple of weeks it will be from the original injury. Nothing seems to happen after that play to make it significantly worse. 

Coach Kyle Shanahan said George Kittle (knee, ankle) isn't dealing with a long-term injury.

Phew. Kittle had an MRI on Friday, but he's believed to be fine moving forward. Shanahan even said Kittle can practice next week. Continue to treat the 49ers' beastly TE as an incredibly high-end TE1 ahead of Week 10's matchup against the Seahawks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

Still a bit salty that I used my 2nd pick on him. But the TE position is a general wasteland this year so relatively speaking he’s still probably a top 2 player at the position.

Not to pour salt on the wound but the TE position has actually been pretty good from a pick up and play perspective. Guys like Waller, Hooper, Henry (now healthy) , Everett have all been nice weekly pieces. Kelce and Ertz are proven commodities although not playing well. That being said I love having a guy like Kittle who can put up WR1 numbers at the drop of a hat and once the TD's start falling just a bit more he is going to be a definite problem.

• Like 2
On 11/1/2019 at 12:09 PM, treyjuice said:

Not to pour salt on the wound but the TE position has actually been pretty good from a pick up and play perspective. Guys like Waller, Hooper, Henry (now healthy) , Everett have all been nice weekly pieces. Kelce and Ertz are proven commodities although not playing well. That being said I love having a guy like Kittle who can put up WR1 numbers at the drop of a hat and once the TD's start falling just a bit more he is going to be a definite problem.

who's "going to be a definite problem"? Kittle?