NBC Sports Edge Forums

George Kittle 2019 Outlook

8 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I think we are all better off firing up a Sunday TE and biting the bullet. Unless we get some positive Sunday morning news. 

oh, no question- just making the observation that Toolio worked in Shanny's system previously, and had a few decent outings (i remember as a Hooper owner cussing him out a coupla times when he stole thunder from Hooper).

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This guy is a colossal bust this year...Vance McDonald is better than him this year as teams are locking Kittle down ( or he cant get open ). If you drafted Kittle in the 2nd/3rd round with the amazin

His 2018 season ended with more accomplishments than you might initially realize...all with nobodies at QB.   -Most receiving yard ever in a season for a TE -Most YAC in the NFL in 2018

Why do I feel like he would say he feels fantastic after getting his leg caught in a wood chipper?

I know Kittle is often questionable and doesn't really miss games but I'm increasingly nervous about this one. It's a shame too because it's a great matchup.

My plan was to pick up Dwelley if kittle was out but now that Toilolo is back I dont really like that as much. I also don't like the idea of playing Hollister against the 49ers defense. Between a rock and a hard place with this one. If he plays and you benched him for waiver fodder it sucks, if you dont and you're stuck with one of the three i mentioned if he's out you're hurting.

Not sure what the move is here.

This is more worrisome to me for his ROS health than the fact that I might not have him on Monday.

If it was against the Dolphins or someone, and they decided to let him rest to get back to 100%, I’d get it and expect to have him back full go next week.

But this game is HUGE as far as the NFC West standings are concerned.  We know he’s a tough dude... There must really be something wrong here if he doesn’t play.

• Like 2

The question you have to ask yourself here is what is the gap between an available Sunday TE and a healthy Kittle vs that same Sunday TE and Hollister? I think you can make a strong case for guys like Gesicki, Doyle, Ebron, Jonnu, Everett being closer to Kittle than they are to Hollister, only because we have to assume that even if Kittle plays there's a definite chance that he'll be on a snap count.

1 hour ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

This is more worrisome to me for his ROS health than the fact that I might not have him on Monday.

If it was against the Dolphins or someone, and they decided to let him rest to get back to 100%, I’d get it and expect to have him back full go next week.

But this game is HUGE as far as the NFC West standings are concerned.  We know he’s a tough dude... There must really be something wrong here if he doesn’t play.

Tomorrow is their Friday practice so he still has another shot at getting in limited work. We should know more tomorrow.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

I think we are all better off firing up a Sunday TE and biting the bullet. Unless we get some positive Sunday morning news. 

Yep, I completely agree. I want no part of streaming Hollister, or any Seattle TE.

I'm hoping for some good news tomorrow, or at least some more clarity after practice.

1 hour ago, Vanquish2073 said:

The question you have to ask yourself here is what is the gap between an available Sunday TE and a healthy Kittle vs that same Sunday TE and Hollister? I think you can make a strong case for guys like Gesicki, Doyle, Ebron, Jonnu, Everett being closer to Kittle than they are to Hollister, only because we have to assume that even if Kittle plays there's a definite chance that he'll be on a snap count.

Hollister is only relevant because he played the Bucs and they refuse to cover the TE. I want no part of streaming him. Ebron, Doyle, Gesicki, Everett, OJ, Rudolph, Jonnu are all better options imo. 

NBC Sports Bay Area's Matt Maiocco reports George Kittle's (knee) status is "in doubt" for Week 10 against Seattle.

Kittle has yet to practice after picking up knee and ankle injuries last week. He's trending toward missing Monday night against a Seahawks defense that ranks near the bottom of the league at covering tight ends. Ross Dwelley (70 percent snap rate in Week 9) would start and have a near every-down role if Kittle sits.

😭😭😭😭

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

NBC Sports Bay Area's Matt Maiocco reports George Kittle's (knee) status is "in doubt" for Week 10 against Seattle.

Kittle has yet to practice after picking up knee and ankle injuries last week. He's trending toward missing Monday night against a Seahawks defense that ranks near the bottom of the league at covering tight ends. Ross Dwelley (70 percent snap rate in Week 9) would start and have a near every-down role if Kittle sits.

😭😭😭😭

Image result for run and jump through window gif

• Haha 2

Stupid MF coaching staff, why they insisted on playing him after the knee buckle last week baffles me. Yes it did make it worse. They needed to sit him and start treating it asap. No instead they used him until now there’s no going back. ROS he’s going to be gimpy if he plays at all. Every play he had a hard time getting up or jogging back to the line pre snap. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Krambone said:

Stupid MF coaching staff, why they insisted on playing him after the knee buckle last week baffles me. Yes it did make it worse. They needed to sit him and start treating it asap. No instead they used him until now there’s no going back. ROS he’s going to be gimpy if he plays at all. Every play he had a hard time getting up or jogging back to the line pre snap. 

It was dumb. They could of won that game without him imo. Now he's trending in a very negative direction ROS. Really hope it's nothing but well see 

On 6/18/2019 at 12:53 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

This is a tough call for me.  Kittle's going to be pricey.  But you have to spend your money on something.  He's really good.

Chance he still plays but unless I don’t here anything before kickoff time I’m going to go with TJ hockenson, they playing the bears who have given up the 5th moth too TE’s this year and with kerryon Johnson done for the year they have been throwing a Ton and on top of that that should mean for red zone targets for Hockenson , I think there’s a good chance he has a nice game

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Brye said:

Chance he still plays but unless I don’t here anything before kickoff time I’m going to go with TJ hockenson, they playing the bears who have given up the 5th moth too TE’s this year and with kerryon Johnson done for the year they have been throwing a Ton and on top of that that should mean for red zone targets for Hockenson , I think there’s a good chance he has a nice game

I'm actually in the same boat, and rolling with Hock myself. I don't feel great about it, but it is what it is. I think I'd rather have Gesicki.

6 minutes ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

I'm actually in the same boat, and rolling with Hock myself. I don't feel great about it, but it is what it is. I think I'd rather have Gesicki.

Yeah someone else grabbed gesicki earlier in the week so hock was the next best thing , added him over guys like Everett, Witten, and jimmy graham. Just think he’s has a better chance of putting up close to 100 yards and a td then those guys

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Brye said:

Just FYI things are trending poorly for Stafford playing.