NBC Sports Edge Forums

George Kittle 2019 Outlook

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This guy is a colossal bust this year...Vance McDonald is better than him this year as teams are locking Kittle down ( or he cant get open ). If you drafted Kittle in the 2nd/3rd round with the amazin

His 2018 season ended with more accomplishments than you might initially realize...all with nobodies at QB.   -Most receiving yard ever in a season for a TE -Most YAC in the NFL in 2018

Why do I feel like he would say he feels fantastic after getting his leg caught in a wood chipper?

6 minutes ago, Thrill22 said:

Who is a better player/TE, Kelce or Kittle? been debating with my cousin, and we need outside input at this point. My take is Kelce, but my cousin credits this only to Kelce's situation (Mahomes)

IMO, Kelce is a better weapon in the passing game, but Kittle is a better all-around TE. Some of the blocks Kittle makes are insane.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

IMO, Kelce is a better weapon in the passing game, but Kittle is a better all-around TE. Some of the blocks Kittle makes are insane.

I like that take.  Its difficult because they are in different stages of their career too. Kittle might have more potential.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 11/16/2019 at 10:49 AM, WayneFontes said:

Dwelly is garbage so he better get back quick 

7 hours ago, WayneFontes said:

Fire up your Dwellys, Kittle might be out A LONG time.

Usually people wait at least one page of replies before making such ridiculously polarizing opinions haha.

7 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Based on his desire to see everyone in this thread freak out for no reason.

It worked at first, I saw the comment quoted on the next page and freaked out, then saw it was Wayne and calmed back down.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I hate that the 9ers play on Sunday night. This is going to be such a headache with a game time decision very likely. 

Yeah, I’m wondering if I should make a play for Griffin on waivers tonight, or just stick with Dwelley since the Jets are at 1pm and we likely won’t know Kittle’s status by then. Jimmy Graham may be on some wires in that SNF matchup as well if Kittle is a GTD.

1 hour ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Yeah, I’m wondering if I should make a play for Griffin on waivers tonight, or just stick with Dwelley since the Jets are at 1pm and we likely won’t know Kittle’s status by then. Jimmy Graham may be on some wires in that SNF matchup as well if Kittle is a GTD.

Hollister only 35% owned in Yahoo. 

4 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

He’s owned in both my leagues, and probably in most competitive leagues by now I’d assume.  

Even if he’s available, you have the same issue as Griffin since he plays at 1pm this week.

Fant. Goedert, Griffen, Knox, Brate. Yes, they play early but all decent options with low ownership. I'd grab Dwelley if nothing else.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, martinjlm said:

Hollister only 35% owned in Yahoo. 

Yep, I'm rolling with Hollister if Kittle can't go. I had to carry 3 TE's last weekend, so that I could grab Hollister as a bench spot. That really sucked and I had to make some sacrifices, so I hope Hollister is worth it.

I'm hoping that I won't have to use him, and Kittle can go on Sunday. I'm not really optimistic, but if that means he'll be healthy and ready to roll for the playoffs, then it's all for the greater good going forward.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Fant. Goedert, Griffen, Knox, Brate. Yes, they play early but all decent options with low ownership. I'd grab Dwelley if nothing else.

Well yeah, I already have Dwelley from last week, but he doesn’t play Arizona anymore.

The whole point of my post was discussing whether or not to drop Dwelley for one of the other options who in a vacuum are much better, but who you’d likely have to make a decision on before you knew for sure if Kittle is active.

46 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Well yeah, I already have Dwelley from last week, but he doesn’t play Arizona anymore.

The whole point of my post was discussing whether or not to drop Dwelley for one of the other options who in a vacuum are much better, but who you’d likely have to make a decision on before you knew for sure if Kittle is active.

Nope he doesn't play ARI but he does play GB who's giving up the 4th MOST FFP to TEs. I mean, seems like you got your answer.

11 hours ago, Thrill22 said:

Who is a better player/TE, Kelce or Kittle? been debating with my cousin, and we need outside input at this point. My take is Kelce, but my cousin credits this only to Kelce's situation (Mahomes)

sorry...Kittle hands down

He is a much better blocker than Kelce and they are pretty close when it comes to receiving

10 hours ago, vercrazy said:

Usually people wait at least one page of replies before making such ridiculously polarizing opinions haha.

It worked at first, I saw the comment quoted on the next page and freaked out, then saw it was Wayne and calmed back down.

Solid strategy. Hedge your bets - that way no matter what happens you’ll be right. 😂

• Haha 1

Apparently Gronk picks Kittle as the supreme tight end in the league. 

“I like to go with George Kittle,” said Gronk, who retired after the 2018 season and has been hinting of a comeback ever since. “I just like his game. I said it before: He just kind of reminds me of myself. When he gets the ball, man, he just wants to keep going. Just doesn’t care who’s coming at him, just wants to break through all the tackles.”

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gordec said:

Where did you see this quote? Can you link?

As quoted by the ESPN app below. It sounds like a game time decision, and while I wouldn't try to read TOO much into the statements to say it's pessimistic, it's not exactly optimistic either. Sounds like they don't know. 

MON, NOV 18, 5:06 PMROTOWIRE.COM

Coach Kyle Shanahan hopes to have Kittle (knee/ankle) available for Sunday's game against the Packers, Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area reports. "He's missed two games now, and I know it will go down to the wire again this week," Shanahan said Monday. "But hoping this week will be different."

Spin: The 49ers haven't addressed the nature of Kittle's knee and ankle injuries, but as mentioned by Shanahan, they've combined to keep him sidelined the past two contests. Kittle next has a chance to practice Wednesday, at which point the team will reveal whether or not he takes the field.
  • Like 2

If he misses any practice time, I am not expecting Kittle to suit up. Simple. And, tbh, that sounds like he's going to be held out of practice.

Another week of spinning the TE wheel. Got lucky so far (Rudolph, Dwelley). Can't go with Dwelley again. He was saved by TDs against a (historically?) terrible defense for the position. So I guess it'll be Ryan Griffin for this week and the next if it comes to that.

Edited by MKO3090