NBC Sports Edge Forums

George Kittle 2019 Outlook

28 minutes ago, MKO3090 said:

If he misses any practice time, I am not expecting Kittle to suit up. Simple. And, tbh, that sounds like he's going to be held out of practice.

Another week of spinning the TE wheel. Got lucky so far (Rudolph, Dwelley). Can't go with Dwelley again. He was saved by TDs against a (historically?) terrible defense for the position. So I guess it'll be Ryan Griffin for this week and the next if it comes to that.

I’m going griffin too. Just traded for kittle, and I’m kind of hoping he sits until he’s 100% healthy for the playoff run 

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This guy is a colossal bust this year...Vance McDonald is better than him this year as teams are locking Kittle down ( or he cant get open ). If you drafted Kittle in the 2nd/3rd round with the amazin

His 2018 season ended with more accomplishments than you might initially realize...all with nobodies at QB.   -Most receiving yard ever in a season for a TE -Most YAC in the NFL in 2018

Why do I feel like he would say he feels fantastic after getting his leg caught in a wood chipper?

Like gronk, can never be trusted to play a full season. Guy must have the healing prowess of a geriatric 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

Like gronk, can never be trusted to play a full season. Guy must have the healing prowess of a geriatric 

This is a pretty stupid comment considering he had only missed one game total in his first two years combined coming into this season (for a sprained ankle his rookie year).

If you look at the hit he took (helmet straight to the knee), and the way his knee bent, I’m guessing many players would have been out for the year.  As it was, Kittle finished the game and gave his fantasy owners a great stat line.

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Like 1

The frustrating part of all this is why do the 49ers wait until the last minute to rule him out. Is he really that close to playing or is it some tactic to gain an upper hand? Got lucky last week when they ruled him our early so I was able to IR him and find a replacement before they moved him back to doubtful

What is the reasoning that he would even get full snaps and not be a decoy? Ty Hilton was terrible last night despite the great matchup and was just a decoy

10 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

What is the reasoning that he would even get full snaps and not be a decoy? Ty Hilton was terrible last night despite the great matchup and was just a decoy

The Niners are 9-1 and have no reason to rush Kittle back while the Colts are fighting for a playoff spot. Kittle is their best offensive player. Why run him out there and risk injury to just be a decoy in a game? It's also tough for a Tight End to be a decoy. He can't be a blocking "decoy."

It's definitely a risky start because he could have limited snaps and could re-injury but I am not sure it is the same as Hilton. 

1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

The Niners are 9-1 and have no reason to rush Kittle back while the Colts are fighting for a playoff spot. Kittle is their best offensive player. Why run him out there and risk injury to just be a decoy in a game? It's also tough for a Tight End to be a decoy. He can't be a blocking "decoy."

It's definitely a risky start because he could have limited snaps and could re-injury but I am not sure it is the same as Hilton. 

Shirley he would be used to block only..,donut incoming

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

My name's not Shirley, and I think it would be easier for him to run routes as opposed to trying to stop a 300 pound freak of nature from getting to the QB. 

I would guess for most people the decision will be between Kittle and Vance McDonald, Noah Fant types.Not an easy choice. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Yeah, because he doesn’t need healthy knees or ankles to block 285lb D-linemen... 🙄.

TEs aren’t used as decoys.  The main risk is active but limited snaps (like Gerald Everett last week).

...and don’t call me Shirley.

2 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

My name's not Shirley, and I think it would be easier for him to run routes as opposed to trying to stop a 300 pound freak of nature from getting to the QB. 

I would guess for most people the decision will be between Kittle and Vance McDonald, Noah Fant types.Not an easy choice. 

Jinx.

2 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Yeah, because he doesn’t need healthy knees or ankles to block 285lb D-linemen... 🙄.

TEs aren’t used as decoys.  The main risk is active but limited snaps (like Gerald Everett last week).

...and don’t call me Shirley.

I got Everett’d last week and ty’d already this week. I can’t start this soft tart until he is fully healthy and snap count is on the high 80s at least. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

I got Everett’d last week and ty’d already this week. I can’t start this soft tart until he is fully healthy and snap count is on the high 80s at least. 

Don’t start him then.

But just because two other players with two completely different injuries didn’t play full snaps, doesn’t mean Kittle won’t.

2 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Don’t start him then.

But just because two other players with two completely different injuries didn’t play full snaps, doesn’t mean Kittle won’t.

Shirley you can see the trend though...coaches love the decoy.