NBC Sports Edge Forums

George Kittle 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, ScarletFever1921 said:

What do you guys think about taking him above the the late 2nd-3rd round RBs? Damien, Kerryon, Fournette, Freeman, etc.

I did with the 21st pick in a 10 team then went josh Jacobs and Mark Ingram with 4th and 5th round

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This guy is a colossal bust this year...Vance McDonald is better than him this year as teams are locking Kittle down ( or he cant get open ). If you drafted Kittle in the 2nd/3rd round with the amazin

His 2018 season ended with more accomplishments than you might initially realize...all with nobodies at QB.   -Most receiving yard ever in a season for a TE -Most YAC in the NFL in 2018

Why do I feel like he would say he feels fantastic after getting his leg caught in a wood chipper?

13 hours ago, Brye said:

I did with the 21st pick in a 10 team then went josh Jacobs and Mark Ingram with 4th and 5th round

I’m a huge supporter of Kittle this year.  I was arguing w folks in the AB thread that I feel more comfortable w him over AB. He’s just one of those guys that because he only did it for one year- everybody is trying to pick apart his stats and yell regression. 

PFF graded him as the best TE in the league last year(yes ahead of Kelce who was #2) and every metric was record breaking territory for him, including YAC where he led the entire NFL including all WRs.  

Some people argue that he didn’t play enough w Jimmy G and Jimmy won’t throw to TEs as much. I don’t really buy it- he’s the most talented receiving weapon by far on the team and Jimmy G should be an upgrade at QB. 

Whenever a guy only has one season of success, there’s always going to be some questions- but to me he is very close to Kelce in value and I have no problem taking him after the elite WR tier and maybe Evans/Cook as well. Some of this should also depend on your league and strategy- meaning do you have guys later on you know you can pick to fill in your roster, and does your league value TEs highly- if so he’s well worth a pick because having an elite TE is a huge edge that MAYBE 5-6 teams tops will have while the others stream crap. 

• Like 1
On 8/31/2019 at 9:18 AM, SportsBrain said:

I’m a huge supporter of Kittle this year.  I was arguing w folks in the AB thread that I feel more comfortable w him over AB. He’s just one of those guys that because he only did it for one year- everybody is trying to pick apart his stats and yell regression. 

PFF graded him as the best TE in the league last year(yes ahead of Kelce who was #2) and every metric was record breaking territory for him, including YAC where he led the entire NFL including all WRs.  

Some people argue that he didn’t play enough w Jimmy G and Jimmy won’t throw to TEs as much. I don’t really buy it- he’s the most talented receiving weapon by far on the team and Jimmy G should be an upgrade at QB. 

Whenever a guy only has one season of success, there’s always going to be some questions- but to me he is very close to Kelce in value and I have no problem taking him after the elite WR tier and maybe Evans/Cook as well. Some of this should also depend on your league and strategy- meaning do you have guys later on you know you can pick to fill in your roster, and does your league value TEs highly- if so he’s well worth a pick because having an elite TE is a huge edge that MAYBE 5-6 teams tops will have while the others stream crap. 

Kelce. Kittle. Ertz. Engram. Henry. Howard. Maybe Vance Mcdonald and Jack Doyle The only tight ends id want. But seems to be a deeper position this year then years past. I may be looking to flip my kittle. 

12 minutes ago, Mrmann1 said:

Kelce. Kittle. Ertz. Engram. Henry. Howard. Maybe Vance Mcdonald and Jack Doyle The only tight ends id want. But seems to be a deeper position this year then years past. I may be looking to flip my kittle. 

McDonald and Doyle?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Mrmann1 said:

Sorry but thats fools gold thinking.  TE is never deep after the top 4-5ish theres a monsterous gap and even within the top 5 theres a chasm. 

Engram Henry and Howard will not sniff 80-90 catches this year while the top 3 each can surpass that IF things break their way. 

Edited by Zak0221
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Sorry but thats fools gold thinking.  TE is never deep after the top 4-5ish theres a monsterous gap and even within the top 5 theres a chasm. 

Engram Henry and Howard will not sniff 80-90 catches this year while the top 3 each can surpass that IF things break their way. 

Engram sure as hell could. Henry maybe. Howard and the others won't come close.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

This guy is a colossal bust this year...Vance McDonald is better than him this year as teams are locking Kittle down ( or he cant get open ). If you drafted Kittle in the 2nd/3rd round with the amazing depth at TE this year...you already lost

He had two long TD's called back in week 1 over some bogus ticky tack penalties. He will be fine. 49ers blew out the Bengals and were able to run the ball at will.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

This guy is a colossal bust this year...Vance McDonald is better than him this year as teams are locking Kittle down ( or he cant get open ). If you drafted Kittle in the 2nd/3rd round with the amazing depth at TE this year...you already lost

Fortunately for you, if you legitimately think that Vance is better than Kittle I'm sure just about every McDonald owner in the universe will do a 1:1 with you for Kittle.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Lmao guess they will stop locking him down when they realize the real 49ers QB can throw and that they are getting crushed 40 - 10 each week

Edited by ItsMeMario