NBC Sports Edge Forums

George Kittle 2019 Outlook

18 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

What has "happened" to Kittle (if you can even say such a thing; only five TEs have more catches than he does and he has more than Kelce even - where's Kelce's panic thread?) so far has nothing to do with different QB or even other WRs emerging (I posted about same earlier this week, that was just plain wrong as I hadn't done my research).  It has solely to do with the following:

Last season, SF's QBs threw the ball 33.25 per game.  This season, they've thrown it 26 times per game.  They threw it 28% more last season than they have through two games this season.

Kittle's numbers are currently the following: 11 catches for 108 yards.  If you gross those numbers up by 28%, it becomes 14 catches for 138 yards, a pace of 112 catches and 1,106 yards for a 16-game season, which would be 222 points in PPR independent of TDs.  Last season, Kittle went 88-1,377, for 226 PPR points independent of TDs.  This is all about game flow.  

So those numbers probably have a play in this also not disagreeing but teams are also doubling him more. And jimmy G doesn’t look like he wants to force him the ball. Mullen’s seemed like he was going to get him the ball one way or another. But again this just proves the point if anything. Different year different QB. Kittle has been a top 3 TE once. I own the guy I want him to be successful I’m just saying no way would I have drafted him in the 3rd.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This guy is a colossal bust this year...Vance McDonald is better than him this year as teams are locking Kittle down ( or he cant get open ). If you drafted Kittle in the 2nd/3rd round with the amazin

His 2018 season ended with more accomplishments than you might initially realize...all with nobodies at QB.   -Most receiving yard ever in a season for a TE -Most YAC in the NFL in 2018

Why do I feel like he would say he feels fantastic after getting his leg caught in a wood chipper?

Just now, SadFaceHappy said:

Their ignorance of him in the red zone is infuriating. 

Makes no sense 

It makes zero sense cause you would think that it should be his bread and butter based on mismatches. But its just not the case. I regret drafting him in the 5th round.

3 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

It makes zero sense cause you would think that it should be his bread and butter based on mismatches. But its just not the case. I regret drafting him in the 5th round.

5th round😭?

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

He fell to the 5th in my league. So I felt like I had to grab him there but I'm not even sure he returns that value this year. Like I said earlier I have no idea how his ADP climbed to the 2-3rd round.

Position scarcity.  Same reason I'd say he was still probably worth round 4 or so.  He's not lighting it up but he's not dropping goose eggs in your line up like half your league in a 12 man.

5 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

how worried are we?

Fairly worried. Shannahan  seems to be actively scheming away from him for some reason. It felt like the god damn fullback got as many targets as he did today all while he's being kept in to block so they can run the ball 450 times with their 8 RBs. the whole thing is a bit of a s--- show.*

*for fantasy purposes. obviously they're 3-0 and putting up some points so it seems to be working in Real NFL. 

6 minutes ago, yossarian said:

Fairly worried. Shannahan  seems to be actively scheming away from him for some reason. It felt like the god damn fullback got as many targets as he did today all while he's being kept in to block so they can run the ball 450 times with their 8 RBs. the whole thing is a bit of a s--- show.*

*for fantasy purposes. obviously they're 3-0 and putting up some points so it seems to be working in Real NFL. 

It seems like Shanahan really doesn't want the ball in Jimmy Gs hands and who can blame him. He's going to keep pounding that ball until teams stop him. That looks like the game plan and obviously a major problem for Kittle. The other issue is even during pass plays he just doesn't seem like he's the first option like I thought he would be.

Edited by StevenSC400
35 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

They don't even look for him in the red zone. Jimmy G is mediocre. He's not returning 3rd round value. 

I don't have this weeks stats yet, but he had the 4th most red zone targets (5) of all NFL players through the first two weeks. If not for having two TD's called back on penalties, we wouldn't be having this conversation. The TD's will come.

2 minutes ago, djmax101 said:

I don't have this weeks stats yet, but he had the 4th most red zone targets (5) of all NFL players through the first two weeks. If not for having two TD's called back on penalties, we wouldn't be having this conversation. The TD's will come.

I hope your right and Im wrong. But unfortunately those called backed TDs don't count. So as of now just not feeling great about the pick and just not feeling great of what I saw on the 49ers offense in general.

1 minute ago, fruitjacket said:

It appears Kittle's stock is dropping fast.  I don't get it.

I get that Shanahan wants to run the ball, and it's clearly working.  But JG isn't even looking for Kittle.

Maybe it's a chemistry thing.

Maybe JG is just a useless putz? Bring back Nick Mullins!!!!  :D

• Like 2