NBC Sports Edge Forums

George Kittle 2019 Outlook

Wow, people are actually panicking and selling low on Kittle???

Wish ya'll were in my league.

Dude had TWO touchdowns called back week 1 and is coming off a 8 target week 3 game. The Niners were running all over Pitt and having great success in doing so, the fact Kittle still saw 8 targets is encouraging, IMO.

Let's pump the brakes here on panic sells and see what he does against Cleveland's vastly over rated defense in Week 5.

• Like 3
  • Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This guy is a colossal bust this year...Vance McDonald is better than him this year as teams are locking Kittle down ( or he cant get open ). If you drafted Kittle in the 2nd/3rd round with the amazin

His 2018 season ended with more accomplishments than you might initially realize...all with nobodies at QB.   -Most receiving yard ever in a season for a TE -Most YAC in the NFL in 2018

Why do I feel like he would say he feels fantastic after getting his leg caught in a wood chipper?

The 9ers look better than last year, which hurts Kittle's value. They have a good defense now, strong run game and finally a decent WR group as well. There's no doubt Kittle is a surefire TE1, but not the magic elite fantasy force from last season anymore. Imo he isn't a top 3 option at TE anymore. At least he isn't a total bust, just temper expectations.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MrPositive said:

Jimmy G just doesn’t seem to like him, even though he’s amazing. They should have won that game far more easily if they went to him more. Saddened Kittle owner.

He literally led the team in every receiving category but the TD.

15 minutes ago, Berko1se said:

He literally led the team in every receiving category but the TD.

Well, I mean in respect to his QB’s last season, where he averaged 120 yards and 15 targets a game. Jimmy G is throwing it to the 4th string receivers as well. It’s working for wins somehow, but is yuck in fantasy. 

Edited by MrPositive

I just checked the updated red zone target listing on NFLSavant. Kittle leads the NFL in red zone targets with 7 (technically it's a four-way tie between him, T.Y. Hilton, Emmanuel Sanders, and Larry Fitzgerald. That screams Buy Buy Buy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
5 minutes ago, djmax101 said:

I just checked the updated red zone target listing on NFLSavant. Kittle leads the NFL in red zone targets with 7 (technically it's a four-way tie between him, T.Y. Hilton, Emmanuel Sanders, and Larry Fitzgerald. That screams Buy Buy Buy.

Yea for sure, these lines will look much better once he breaks into the endzone.

More complaining?  He's on pace for 91 catches and 880 yards. 

He had 25% target share this week.  The team ran the ball 40 times.  Here's the rest of the schedule; how many teams on here do you expect SF to have positive game flow against?

CLE; at Rams; at WSH; CAR; at ARI; SEA; ARI; GB; at BAL; at NO; ATL; Rams; at SEA.

The only games here where I'd expect them to be 7 point favorites or more would be at WSH (possibly), both Arizona games, and maybe ATL at home if they've gone in the tank by then.  They still have to play the Browns, the Rams twice, Seattle twice, Green Bay, Baltimore, at the Saints (with Brees), etc.  Passing days will be here again.

5 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

He had 25% target share this week.  The team ran the ball 40 times.  Here's the rest of the schedule; how many teams on here do you expect SF to have positive game flow against?

CLE; at Rams; at WSH; CAR; at ARI; SEA; ARI; GB; at BAL; at NO; ATL; Rams; at SEA.

The only games here where I'd expect them to be 7 point favorites or more would be at WSH (possibly), both Arizona games, and maybe ATL at home if they've gone in the tank by then.  They still have to play the Browns, the Rams twice, Seattle twice, Green Bay, Baltimore, at the Saints (with Brees), etc.  Passing days will be here again.

TDs would be nice.  It's just tough when you invested high capitol into a Kittle, and you see you can get a Waller for free. Never drafting a non Kelce TE again. 

38 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Can’t wait for those two games vs Arizona. Given what they’ve been allowing to TEs so far this season, He could go for 500 yards and 4 TDs combined in those matchups.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Can’t wait for those two games vs Arizona. Given what they’ve been allowing to TEs so far this season, He could go for 500 yards and 4 TDs combined in those matchups.

I agree.  Given the gripes a lot of owners have with him, there could be a real buy low opportunity here, especially with him now going out on bye.  This is the week to grab him, folks.

3 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

You do realize he had almost 1400 yards last year right?

• Like 1