NBC Sports Edge Forums

George Kittle 2019 Outlook

18 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

With a groin injury and loss of ol and fb, it makes too much sense to leave him in to block the majority of the game

I was thinking the opposite. It would seem more of a strain on his injury to be battling 300 pound lineman all game as opposed  to running routes. 

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This guy is a colossal bust this year...Vance McDonald is better than him this year as teams are locking Kittle down ( or he cant get open ). If you drafted Kittle in the 2nd/3rd round with the amazin

His 2018 season ended with more accomplishments than you might initially realize...all with nobodies at QB.   -Most receiving yard ever in a season for a TE -Most YAC in the NFL in 2018

Why do I feel like he would say he feels fantastic after getting his leg caught in a wood chipper?

I think the hope is that the game is close because he'll be less likely to  come out. It's good that they're playing the Rams since itll be presumably a competitive game. If they were playing the Dolphins i could see him being more limited.

3 hours ago, bangarrang said:

I wasn't worried at all this week until I read this tweet with the "But there is some concern about whether he will be able to finish the game" line. 

I can't bench him for waiver wire fodder but now I wouldn't be surprised to get a dud. Oof.

Yeah, I really didn't like that part either. Glad that I kept Delanie Walker around, might have to consider dusting him off this week.

This sucks.

• Like 1

Don’t overreact I benched Godwin with a bad hip when he didn’t practice all week ended up  putting up a monster game. None of us know the severity of the injury. If he’s playing I’d start him unless you have a dissly laying around on your bench.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Don’t overreact I benched Godwin with a bad hip when he didn’t practice all week ended up  putting up a monster game. None of us know the severity of the injury. If he’s playing I’d start him unless you have a dissly laying around on your bench.

Yes, I was also a part of that Godwin party celebration. I agree with you, just gave me pause on the last line of that Schefter tweet.

I'm probably still rolling him out there, they will need Kittle in this game.

1 hour ago, WaiverLooter said:

A little worried about the situation. All the streamers have been grabbed up in my league, might need to just live with Kittle at 50%

Brutal situation..

George Kittle (groin) is active for Week 6 against the Rams.

Kittle looked good in warmups and should be fine for his normal role in this one. He's surefire TE1. Inactive for the 49ers are QB C.J. Beathard, OT Joe Staley, OT Mike McGlinchey, FB Kyle Juszczyk, CB Ahkello Witherspoon, WR Jordan Matthews, and DL Jullian Taylor.

Oct 13, 2019, 2:38 PM ET
  •  

Didnt someone say today it was his hammy? Lol I’m rolling him out there. Hoping he plays through a full game
1 minute ago, Zekepeak86 said:

George Kittle (groin) is active for Week 6 against the Rams.

Kittle looked good in warmups and should be fine for his normal role in this one. He's surefire TE1. Inactive for the 49ers are QB C.J. Beathard, OT Joe Staley, OT Mike McGlinchey, FB Kyle Juszczyk, CB Ahkello Witherspoon, WR Jordan Matthews, and DL Jullian Taylor.

Oct 13, 2019, 2:38 PM ET
  •  

Didnt someone say today it was his hammy? Lol I’m rolling him out there. Hoping he plays through a full game

No it’s always been his groin.

• 2 weeks later...

What do folks think about the Sanders trade and Kittle?  The positive side is Sanders can draw some attention away from Kittle.  The negative side is that SF wasn't passing a lot anyway and Kittle's target share probably goes down.

Edited by ZappB
1 hour ago, ZappB said:

What do folks think about the Sanders trade and Kittle?  The positive side is Sanders can draw some attention away from Kittle.  The negative side is that SF wasn't passing a lot anyway and Kittle's target share probably goes down.

Kittle is still getting his even with Sanders. They run a ton of plays designed specifically for him. Having sanders may actually encourage them to pass more.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ZappB said:

I think that it can be mostly positive, and kickstart that passing offense. They have some defenses upcoming that smother the run, and will make them pass to win.

It's just a matter of getting acclimated with the terminology and Jimmy G. At the very least, like you said, I'm hoping that Sanders now keeps defenses honest and can open more things up for Kittle going forward.

Sanders can still stretch the field.

• Like 1
Just now, yanksman said:

7 TD by the niners today, none to Kittle on National TE Appreciation Day. Throw the beast a cookie every once in awhile. 

He leads the league in TD's called back.

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

7 TD by the niners today, none to Kittle on National TE Appreciation Day. Throw the beast a cookie every once in awhile. 

He deserved one, he played amazing today. Several tough catches and he made the key blocks on at least 2 of the TDs.

It’s a shame his TD got called back for the unnecessary Offensive PI.