NBC Sports Edge Forums

George Kittle 2019 Outlook

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This guy is a colossal bust this year...Vance McDonald is better than him this year as teams are locking Kittle down ( or he cant get open ). If you drafted Kittle in the 2nd/3rd round with the amazin

His 2018 season ended with more accomplishments than you might initially realize...all with nobodies at QB.   -Most receiving yard ever in a season for a TE -Most YAC in the NFL in 2018

Why do I feel like he would say he feels fantastic after getting his leg caught in a wood chipper?

12 hours ago, martinjlm said:

Nope and nope.

Yes and yes. Did we watch the same game? Kittle still got the most receptions on the team as well as the most receiving yards. And he had a TD that got called back because of a penalty? He's still option #1

8 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

If he gets another TD called back due to a penalty......I mean this is the worst Ive seen. 

Watching him play has been maddening. So many TDs called back and near big plays. I feel like he is about to have that blow up game. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, wideopen21 said:

Watching him play has been maddening. So many TDs called back and near big plays. I feel like he is about to have that blow up game. 

He's been a positive TD regression candidate for 7 weeks now. If he had two to three more than he does now he'd be top 3 TE for the season. Enjoying his production. Frustrated he's not had one ceiling game yet. 

Edited by martinjlm
  • Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

He's been a positive TD regression candidate for 7 weeks now. If he had two to three more than he does now he'd be top 3 TE for the season. Enjoying his production. Frustrated he's not had one ceiling game yet. 

It’s coming, likely on Thursday.

46 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Thursday should be a get right game. Arizona #1 sieve to TE position. I’d like to think he gets the TD and RAC yards. The defense is so much better this year, eliminating shootouts.

On 10/28/2019 at 5:14 PM, mjb said:

Thursday should be a get right game. Arizona #1 sieve to TE position. I’d like to think he gets the TD and RAC yards. The defense is so much better this year, eliminating shootouts.

Best defense in the league hasn’t hurt NE’s top pass catcher. 2 TDs last week. 

1 hour ago, martinjlm said:

Best defense in the league hasn’t hurt NE’s top pass catcher. 2 TDs last week. 

Hmmm werid... Almost as if the WR who has 10 years of rapport with the greatest QB of all time, on a team who's thrown 35+ times in every game except one this year, has a slight edge over a TE who plays on a team with a decent QB that hasn't thrown 35 times in ANY game this year.

5 hours ago, yossarian said:

you're right. guy's JAG. you should probably drop him and pick up OJ Howard. 

4 hours ago, vercrazy said:

Hmmm werid... Almost as if the WR who has 10 years of rapport with the greatest QB of all time, on a team who's thrown 35+ times in every game except one this year, has a slight edge over a TE who plays on a team with a decent QB that hasn't thrown 35 times in ANY game this year.

“The defense is so much better this year, eliminating shootouts.”

The response to this component of the original posters comments remains the same. A top pass catcher with significant TD opportunity is doing well or not doing well regardless of the state of the defense. 

3 hours ago, martinjlm said:

“The defense is so much better this year, eliminating shootouts.”

The response to this component of the original posters comments remains the same. A top pass catcher with significant TD opportunity is doing well or not doing well regardless of the state of the defense. 

Fair enough, and my response was a bit snarky. My point mainly was that making a comparison to Brady and his safety blanket is like making a hockey comparison to Gretzky or a basketball comparison to Jordan; they're always going to be exceptions to the norm.

In 95%+ of cases having an elite defense reduces a WRs upside, as it negates the need to throw as much.

There are multiple issues here. Having a solid defense does limit offensive opportunities for sure. A good defense will not only prevent shootouts from happening as often but coaches can also play more conservative on offense because they trust the defense. That run game on the Niners is also legit. Probably best in the nfl. So once they get a lead they just run and run some more. If the run game was weak and the defense was weak Kittle would be eating every game even though the Niners would probably be losing most games. Remember last year?

Edited by StevenSC400
1 hour ago, StevenSC400 said:

There are multiple issues here. Having a solid defense does limit offensive opportunities for sure. A good defense will not only prevent shootouts from happening as often but coaches can also play more conservative on offense because they trust the defense. That run game on the Niners is also legit. Probably best in the nfl. So once they get a lead they just run and run some more. If the run game was weak and the defense was weak Kittle would be eating every game even though the Niners would probably be losing most games. Remember last year?

Good defense also can produce more scoring opportunities that a below average offense otherwise might not normally see. Field position and turnovers forced is what ultimately matters. Cam and the Panthers had their best offensive season when they had a top defense in the NFL and the best average starting field position on offense due to the defense producing short fields and getting turnovers.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, devaster said:

Good defense also can produce more scoring opportunities that a below average offense otherwise might not normally see. Field position and turnovers forced is what ultimately matters. Cam and the Panthers had their best offensive season when they had a top defense in the NFL and the best average starting field position on offense due to the defense producing short fields and getting turnovers.

I can see that point too. Difference is the panthers didn’t have the running game the Niners have. That’s the other kicker I was talking about. So even if Kittle does have extra chances to score they just run the ball. And it’s clearly been working.

Edited by StevenSC400
38 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I can see that point too. Difference is the panthers didn’t have the running game the Niners have. That’s the other kicker I was talking about. So even if Kittle does have extra chances to score they just run the ball. And it’s clearly been working.

Valid point. And I considered that as well. The point is the more a team has an opportunity to score the better for the offense. The running game limits the overall number of plays because of the time of possession, but they will score plenty. I think Sanders helps a lot. Kittle will break out eventually. He already could have broken out multiple times if not for bad luck.

On 10/28/2019 at 6:14 PM, mjb said:

Kittle has no ligaments torn, TD Regression.