NBC Sports EDGE Forums

1/5/2019 Seahawks at Cowboys Wildcard Playoff Game Day Thread

Iron-cock

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

These FanDuel games, how many entries does each person have?  I see each users name like 10 times per contest. I guess that's the only way to do well in those have, my 1 entry crapshoot entries don't stand a chance.

You want to play the single entry leagues. You can use the single entry filter on the left side of the lobby page. Some of those bigger leagues there might be people with 500 entries in one League. Needless to say they're doing it for a living and you don't stand a chance.

11 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

These FanDuel games, how many entries does each person have?  I see each users name like 10 times per contest. I guess that's the only way to do well in those have, my 1 entry crapshoot entries don't stand a chance.

If you're playing on your phone or a tablet you may want to tap the three dots on the right side and then hit the desktop version. You can't miss the filters that way.

9 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

You want to play the single entry leagues. You can use the single entry filter on the left side of the lobby page. Some of those bigger leagues there might be people with 500 entries in one League. Needless to say they're doing it for a living and you don't stand a chance.

Ok, I was thinking maybe 10 entries. But 500 that's crazy

4 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Ok, I was thinking maybe 10 entries. But 500 that's crazy

There's leagues there on FanDuel that there are 25,000 to 100,000 people in them so 500 entries arw allowed. One of the secrets to having some success is finding one or two  players depending on the size of your roster that have low ownership. When Zeke Elliott scores 60% of the league moves up in the standings. When a guy like Blake Jarwin scores who is less than 1% owned your about the only one in the league that moves up.

2 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

There's leagues there on FanDuel that there are 25,000 to 100,000 people in them so 500 entries arw allowed. One of the secrets to having some success is finding one or two  players depending on the size of your roster that have low ownership. When Zeke Elliott scores 60% of the league moves up in the standings. When a guy like Blake Jarwin scores who is less than 1% owned your about the only one in the league that moves up.

True, but I keep missing on the less than 10 percent owned guys. I guess more entries the better shot for that guy to "hit".  Like Ryan Griffin today, he did nothing.  And Chris Carson. So I'm pretty much dead already this weekend.

1 minute ago, murraygd13 said:

True, but I keep missing on the less than 10 percent owned guys. I guess more entries the better shot for that guy to "hit".  Like Ryan Griffin today, he did nothing.  And Chris Carson. So I'm pretty much dead already this weekend.

You're exactly right you want to hit on them low ownership players. So the big boys will make a lineup and have a hundred entries. Then they'll replace one or two guys and make a new line up and put another hundred entries in. There's also Leagues with different roster sizes. Just my opinion when you play on one of the gambling sites it is a game of skill. If you put time and effort into it and research it you could win a lot of money. I can't imagine how many millions of dollars are gambled there on a Sunday afternoon during football season.

11 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Another little thing you can do is look at the Vegas O/U 

Line. Pick a couple of players from the teams with the highest o/u projections. 

The Fanduel games that are just one game like tonight’s Hawks Cowboys game are even harder. It’s one MVP selection and then four flexes. But you can enter 150 times. I’m sure the pros have some algorithm to pretty much get in every possible combination. 

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

The Fanduel games that are just one game like tonight’s Hawks Cowboys game are even harder. It’s one MVP selection and then four flexes. But you can enter 150 times. I’m sure the pros have some algorithm to pretty much get in every possible combination. 

Yeah, I've been playing those too. Without much success. Had Luck as my early game MVP to go along with Inman, Coutee, Watson and Fairbain..Fairbain killed me.  Then tonight Carson as MVP was a disaster.

2 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Yeah, I've been playing those too. Without much success. Had Luck as my early game MVP to go along with Inman, Coutee, Watson and Fairbain..Fairbain killed me.  Then tonight Carson as MVP was a disaster.

Ditto. Carson was a disaster tonight.

I’m looking at the one I entered, over 100 people tied for first. I guess it’s not that uncommon when there are limited pool of players being only one game and only five selections. No thanks, not doing this format again.

59 minutes ago, Gravy said:

I will be here when the girls get bounced 

Dont think anyone cares! Dak is pretty terrible at times, but that’s the reason he was drafted in the 4th round. When he’s good, he’s good though. And he’s been a lot better with Cooper. With a better OC, I think he’s a much better QB in the league.

With all the hate, Dak is actually a really good 4th quarter QB and is clutch.

This game was a perfect illustration of why I never bought into Brian Schottenheimer despite people seemingly thinking he is a great OC.

The guy only managed to produce a top half offense 22% of the time in his previous OC positions. Yet suddenly he is going to become good? No chance. Terrible hire before the season and terrible hire now. I understand having an identity as a team but good grief he is a one trick pony like no other. Wilson is throwing it extremely well and doing work against the secondary yet you continue to slam the ball against a top 5 run defense with a failure after failure not because it is the smart thing to do but because it is all you know to do. You finally get a solid line after getting rid of the leach known as Cable and you f--- it up by hiring a guy that has been a failure his entire career. 

18 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

This game was a perfect illustration of why I never bought into Brian Schottenheimer despite people seemingly thinking he is a great OC.

The guy only managed to produce a top half offense 22% of the time in his previous OC positions. Yet suddenly he is going to become good? No chance. Terrible hire before the season and terrible hire now. I understand having an identity as a team but good grief he is a one trick pony like no other. Wilson is throwing it extremely well and doing work against the secondary yet you continue to slam the ball against a top 5 run defense with a failure after failure not because it is the smart thing to do but because it is all you know to do. You finally get a solid line after getting rid of the leach known as Cable and you f--- it up by hiring a guy that has been a failure his entire career. 

I don't think he was a terrible hire. They played well most of the season and turned things around in a rebuild year. But I didn't like the play-calling in this game one bit. Too often they were forcing the run and leaving Wilson to try and bail them out on 3rd and long. They needed to attack the weaknesses of the Cowboys' defense while also trying to stay true to their identity.

2 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

If you're a Seahawk fan - your team sucks sorry.

There’s nothing to be sorry about because quite frankly it isn’t true.  This team wasn’t projected to do anything this year and made playoffs and has seen countless players grow this year.  My team that sucks has seen Jarren Reed become a stud at DT both on run D and as a pass rusher.  My team that sucks has seen Bobby Wagner continually be the best LB in football.  My team that sucks saw a safety in college drafted as a corner in Trey Flowers transform into someone who’s going to be an elite press corner under Pete’s DB friendly system.  My team that sucks saw Tedric Thompson take over for Earl Thomas and made everyone forget about him quickly.  My team that sucks saw Tyler Lockett and Russell Wilson have a perfect passer rating this year.  My team that sucks saw massive offensive line development with Brown being an anchor, Fluker being a star, etc.  This team has a ton of youth, and  a ton of cap space.  They’ll be back next year as being a very elite team.  Don’t kid yourself.

Archived