NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeAndre Hopkins 2019 Outlook

USATSI_11919549.jpg?w=916&h=720

Nuk. Although in 2018 he was not the WR1 (like in 2017), he had 1500+ yards (his 4th 1000+ yard season in 6 years in the league), and 0 drops. Zero.

Also zero: controversy. Unlike some other top WRs, Nuk is not a diva. As he says:

"No, I can't be a distraction to this team," Hopkins said. "My name is all I have, so I don't want that to be messed up from a game of football."

Also zero: games missed. If you draft this gem, note that every wednesday he will report with injury, but no matter what, on Sunday he performs.

Further to note: if you are looking for a week winner, that's usually not Hopkins. He rarely blows up - although in the FF semi-finals he had 10/170/2 (thank you Nuk!). But more importantly, Hopkins always shows up, and almost never scores under 10 points .5 PPR (worst in 2018 was against the Titans when he still had 5/74. The only recent year he was not a top-4 WR, was in 2016 when Brock Osweiler was throwing balls in his general direction.

This guy is a gem. If I can't have him next year, I'll miss him dearly.

• Like 3
  • Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the most elite WRs in the game has a huge game and people come into this thread like:

huh?

Not really football related but i read Hopkins finds his blind mom in the endzone every touchdown and gives her the ball. She sits with her daughter who gives her the play by play.   http://

Posted Images

Guys like Nuk and Davante Adams are the players I want on my roster. I don't really care that much about blow-up games. Those are definitely nice, but I much prefer the consistent, weekly high-floor, steady Eddies in FF. Guys you can plug-and-play and count on like Nuk are invaluable to a FF roster. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Guys like Nuk and Davante Adams are the players I want on my roster. I don't really care that much about blow-up games. Those are definitely nice, but I much prefer the consistent, weekly high-floor, steady Eddies in FF. Guys you can plug-and-play and count on like Nuk are invaluable to a FF roster. 

If u can get this core in an auction for a good price u can fill out your team with cheaper rb's but I think  in an auction  they are submitted early so bids will be  aggressive

• 6 months later...
On 1/6/2019 at 2:19 PM, dashoe said:

If u can get this core in an auction for a good price u can fill out your team with cheaper rb's but I think  in an auction  they are submitted early so bids will be  aggressive

.....And you’d have to spend about 50% of your budget on those two guys. But I don't think that there are two guys who are safer bets to have stud seasons with exceptional consistency, so there are worse ways to allocate auction money that splurging on the Hopkins/Adams duo. 

It was an absolute pleasure having D-Hop on my team last year. 1.08.

There were 2 or 3 games that were rollercoaster rides, with me checking my phone later on and screaming wildly after seeing those 4th quarter touchdowns.

However, a part of me wants Adams over Hopkins this year.

• 1 month later...

Seems like most people have him as the #1 WR on the board, but how high does everyone have him when compared to the RBs? I have him #5 in standard, #4 in Half and Full PPR unless Zeke returns.

Also, how does Miller’s injury affect him? I think it may give him a slight boost.

6 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Seems like most people have him as the #1 WR on the board, but how high does everyone have him when compared to the RBs? I have him #5 in standard, #4 in Half and Full PPR unless Zeke returns.

Also, how does Miller’s injury affect him? I think it may give him a slight boost.

I just drafted at 5 in a full ppr and took him over DJ. I'd still of gambled on Zeke over him if Zeke fell. I believe Zeke will at most miss one game and if not for contract Zeke was my 1 pick.

Nukes just a really safe pick. I'd rather take him then gamble on a the non big 4 RB's. I dont see a big diff between DJ/Bell/Chubb from Cook/Mixon/Gurley who are all on the board in the 2nd.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I took him at #3 in .5 PPR (have Kamara as a keeper). If they utilize Duke in the short passing game like they should, I think this helps Hopkins alot. 

Edited by Onion
7 minutes ago, mortman212 said:

I took him at #4 in PPR league, couldn't take Zeke with his holdout. He is a sure thing top 3 wr, I have learned in the past from picking risky players. 

Exactly, DH is a big target of mine this year as I have not heeded red flags in the recent past and it has bit me. This year I’ve got a renewed dedication to avoiding injury or other red flags and focusing on consistency and reliability with anyone I’m paying over $30 for. 

2 hours ago, Onion said:

I took him at #3 in .5 PPR (have Kamara as a keeper). If they utilize Duke in the short passing game like they should, I think this helps Hopkins alot. 

Hows your team look?   I am drafting tomorrow at 1.03 and also keeping kamara (6th round) and seriously considering going Nuk at 1.03

2 hours ago, mortman212 said:

I took him at #4 in PPR league, couldn't take Zeke with his holdout. He is a sure thing top 3 wr, I have learned in the past from picking risky players. 

same here. i hated we drafted so early but wanted a sure thing and got him @ #4.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Hows your team look?   I am drafting tomorrow at 1.03 and also keeping kamara (6th round) and seriously considering going Nuk at 1.03

I took Hopkins at 4 got Chubb in Round 2 and A Jones in Round 3, then I took Sony Michel in 5, Godwin in 6, and OJ Howard in 7, Team looks good to me.

1 minute ago, mortman212 said:

I took Hopkins at 4 got Chubb in Round 2 and A Jones in Round 3, then I took Sony Michel in 5, Godwin in 6, and OJ Howard in 7, Team looks good to me.

Is it like an 8 team league? 

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2019 at 7:54 PM, 1972Miamidolphins said:

The Texans are playing without a gm this year, tread lightly

On 7/10/2019 at 8:59 PM, mmcc1029 said:

What exactly does that have to do with Hopkins fantasy value?? 

Well for 1 thing I think it could complicate them doing anything to fix their offensive line which is frequently ranked as worst in the NFL.

Which is why I came to this thread - was wondering what people thought of the O-line being a risk to Hopkins fantasy output this season. Watson played with a partially collapsed lung last year no thanks to his offensive line. We just saw a HOF caliber quarterback retire early because of the physical toll it takes to get sacked 40-50 times a year. That has me thinking Davante Adams or or Michael Thomas are the safer picks among elite WRs

• 2 weeks later...