NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Davante Adams 2019 Outlook

Flyman75

7 minutes ago, Willie_Beamen said:

Lots of overreaction in this thread. He will be fine, first 3 games were tough matchups against good defenses. 

LaFleur = Rams OC in 2017 and Titans OC in 2018. Zero 1,000 yard receivers. Aaron Rodgers will lose his patience and blow up on him soon if they start losing.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

LaFleur = Rams OC in 2017 and Titans OC in 2018. Zero 1,000 yard receivers. Aaron Rodgers will lose his patience and blow up on him soon if they start losing.

Rodgers is already chirping and they're winning saying the coverage was soft in the middle of the field vs the Broncos and they didn't exploit it with Adams.. There is no way Rodgers is going to be ok with throwing 3,800 yards and 20-25 TD's what he's on pace for at the moment... Patience..

Edited by NyZD

3 minutes ago, NyZD said:

Rodgers is already chirping and they're winning saying the coverage was soft in the middle of the field vs the Broncos and they didn't exploit it with Adams.. There is no way Rodgers is going to be ok with throwing 3,800 yards and 20-25 TD's what he's on pace for at the moment... Patience..

But I think he'll be ok with winning games regardless of his stats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NyZD said:

He's being clever about his criticism.  He's not saying that the coaching is bad (because how can he?  They're 3-0).  He's saying that he expects greatness from his offense and they've just been "ok" so far.  So it's like...we're doing fine but we can be so much better, and he wants to be better.

1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

He's being clever about his criticism.  He's not saying that the coaching is bad (because how can he?  They're 3-0).  He's saying that he expects greatness from his offense and they've just been "ok" so far.  So it's like...we're doing fine but we can be so much better, and he wants to be better.

Precisely this he's low key trying to take a jab without taking a jab. Lets not discount that the Bears and Broncos offenses are borderline pathetic so lets not make the Packers defense to be the 85 Bears they're definitely better but lets pump the breaks. Things will be on the up swing for this offense

I don't even think it is the coach. Look at last year...Rodgers threw a total of only 25 TD! That's a big difference from his 30-40 tds days. Main difference is last year Rodgers just zoned in on Adams every game. Basically the only guy he threw to consistently. If that happens again this year...wonderful but I think Rodgers days of being a TD machine are over...they really should of not let Jordy go. He was still dominant with Rodgers even till the end. 

2 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

The problem so far isn't what Rodgers wants, but what Lafleur wants to do with the offense.  He's trying to turn it into the Tennessee offense.  Slow paced, run heavy.  It's ridiculous frankly.  A good coach takes his personnel and maximizes their ability.  You don't try to pigeonhole arguably the most talented QB ever into a game manager, but this is what Lafleur has done for the first 3 games.

There was some article in the offseason where Rodgers was talking about how he doesn't get to audible and read defenses in the new offense.  He was saying how he has all this experience and it's a huge plus that he can read a defense and audible the right play, but he sounded like Lafleur was handcuffing him.  It wasn't good.  This might be why they have those sideline arguments.

The Packers and Bears need to trade head coaches. Seriously. 

55 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Rob woods and Corey davis both had about 800 yds respectively on these 2 teams. Needless to say, neither of these guys were top 5 recievers at the time which Davante currently is. The first 3 matchups were bad for passing and led to more rush attempts, the eagles should be the exact opposite being a strong rush defense and a basement passing D. I'm not panicked yet but if he can't put up #'s against philly it's time to consider moving him. 

Year 2 under Pettine’s defense and it’s starting to take off. Offense is still learning LaFleur’s playbook and schemes. It’s been said that the defense playing well is allowing the offense to learn at a good pace and to catch up to the defense. Every week, the offense should progress and get better. Rodgers has been given the green light to change some plays at the line if the defense gives him something. 

I know nfl is about winning games and that doesn’t always translate to fantasy, where we want fantasy studs. I feel LaFleur is just happy with the W’s and doesn’t care about our fantasy teams. However, I feel as the season goes, and the playbook opens up, we will see studs emerge. 

MVS taking off will open Adams up more. The solid running and solid defense will open up play action pass. 

Hopefully, LaFleur has wrinkles in his playbook that schemes Adams open, that he hasn’t yet shown. 

Rodgers still wants a shot at MVP, so no way he sits still and dink’s, dunks, and hands off all season for W’s. 

I’m not expecting top 5 out of Adams this year, maybe not even top 10. But he will have some big games and become more stable as the season wears on. 

I knew this when drafting him as my wr1 passing on Julio, I owned Julio last 2 years and didn’t want that this year. As of now, it looks like a mistake, but I’m certainly not panicking.

It's a whole new entire system, and they've had no shootout games so far. This offense is oozing with potential , things will break the right way eventually, some patience is warranted. And I feel like Rodgers is playing nice right now with Lafleur , how can he not, they have been winning. Also today on ESPN there wasn an interview with Rodgers and it went something like this and I quote from Aaron " Well we never wanted to manage a football game around here, so that standards are very high for us, we got to play alot better on offense. Thankfully our defense has been opportunistic and stout. But we can't expect them to be every game.  Its time for us to do our part on offense moving forward. "- Summarized . If you can buy low on Davante now is the time to do it. Just watch y'all , things are going to be BOOMIN very soon. 

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Don’t get Aaron Rodgers wrong: He loves having a defense to back him up.

But the Green Bay Packers quarterback doesn’t want to rely on that to bail out his erratic offense, as it has done time and time again during the team's 3-0 start.

NFL PrimeTime on ESPN

For years, the Packers were viewed as a team that needed Rodgers to play at a near-Most Valuable Player level to win. Just because that wasn’t necessary in Sunday’s 27-16 win over the Denver Broncos at Lambeau Field doesn’t mean the two-time MVP is willing to accept that he doesn’t have to be, well, Aaron Rodgers all the time.

"No," he said when posed with that question.

"I want to play better," he added. "I want to score more points. I mean, obviously you love having a defense, but I don’t take any satisfaction in having an OK performance. No. I want to have greatness out there."

"We’ve had some good starts the past couple games to get us out to a comfortable lead, so we’ve just got to stop the lulls and lock in and make sure that we continue to put our foot on their throat," Adams said. "That’s what separates. I look up and see the Patriots [leading] 30-0 week after week. I want to get back to doing stuff like that."

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1