NBC Sports Edge Forums

Davante Adams 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's skipping boys. Our boy is skipping.   https://twitter.com/matts https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1187107306217115650 chneidman/status/11871073 https://twitter.com/mattschneidma

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Per the trend this year of low information on injuries, then players missing multiple weeks along with that low information, I would prepare as though Adams misses beyond next week.

Based on Rappaport's report, I would give him this week and next to get close to 100%. That is much shorter than I had initially expected. Win. 

4 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Based on Rappaport's report, I would give him this week and next to get close to 100%. That is much shorter than I had initially expected. Win. 

yeah. give how bad something like turf toe can be if he "only" misses 2 games I'll be relieved. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I wouldn't depend on anything Rap says. He's a horrendous reporter. Always wrong. 

Well...he might be wrong but what we've seen somewhat confirms it.  Adams doing light jogging on the side is an indication it's not too serious.  If it were significant, Adams would be in a boot or crutches or whatever, or in the training room.

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, yossarian said:

yeah. give how bad something like turf toe can be if he "only" misses 2 games I'll be relieved. 

Yep.  Even if it’s 3 or 4...he needs to be fully healthy the next time he steps on the field (and in my lineup)

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Show me reports to the contrary, then I can understand. But no one has presented anything contradicting Ian. Not even the team. 

Has anyone besides Ian reported anything similar?  Running with a toe injury isn't the issue, it's making the cuts which is how Davante gets separation.  Until we hear about him making cuts in practice, we need to figure he's out.  

18 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Worst case scenario is the injury isn't serious enough to keep him out but effects his play and takes him out once games already start.

I wouldn't say that's worst case. Worst case would be him playing, his toe falling off after being struck by a meteor, a gopher finding said frozen toe on the field, then taking it into his hole outside of the stadium forcing DA to change his name to Devante "Four Toe" Adams and no longer being able to Lambeau Leap. That would be worst case scenario and it is certainly plausible. 

• Haha 7
53 minutes ago, swetooth9 said:

MVS is unusable in his absence...need him back in week 6 *praying hands emoji*

MVS is such doo doo, he literally puts the definition into a boom or bust WR . Need Adams back asap , if not this week than the next at the latest. 

The dreaded Monday night game for a player potentially returning from injury. I know I should probably just keep him on my bench but when other options are so poor it feels worth it to throw him out there as long as he gets a practice in this week. 

Edited by gufomel
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, PackerBacker555 said:

He’s not going to be playing this week. I’m sure we will here the news Thursday. 

I believe last week he was ruled out on Tuesday so any day after that is a progress for Adams owners. A sign he is getting closer

He was ruled out on Friday. I think he will gut it out this week

4 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

He was ruled out on Friday. I think he will gut it out this week

The Packers play Monday night so I actually just hope he sits again.  It's highly unlikely we will be able to start him.

I mean...lets say he gets a limited practice session in on Friday....are you going to start him for MNF, knowing that he could have a setback in warmups or be inactive?  You end up with a bagel.  You should have a healthy WR on your bench to play at this point because you probably had to pick someone up for last week.

The only way I'm starting him is if he gets a full (not limited) practice in on Friday or he and/or the team says he is a full go for MNF.  This is very unlikely to happen.

Edited by Brownsfan74
7 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

The Packers play Monday night so I actually just hope he sits again.  It's highly unlikely we will be able to start him.

I mean...lets say he gets a limited practice session in on Friday....are you going to start him for MNF, knowing that he could have a setback in warmups or be inactive?  You end up with a bagel.  You should have a healthy WR on your bench to play at this point because you probably had to pick someone up for last week.

The only way I'm starting him is if he gets a full (not limited) practice in on Friday or he and/or the team says he is a full go for MNF.  This is very unlikely to happen.

A lot of unknown this early. But what is known, if Davante gets in enough practices this week to play, he will go up against Darius Slay. I am not starting DA, not unless he gets in a couple FULL practices this week. 

• Like 1

Those toe injuries can linger on for awhile.  Dont expect him to play this week.  He could be running straight line sprints and look great, but stopping on a dime and making that cut is what he needs to be able to do.  I cant imagine him going from so much pain not even 2 weeks ago that he couldnt even put on his shoe to being pain free enough to make those cuts off that toe already this Monday night.  He's going to be sitting in that day to day questionable category for awhile and driving everyone crazy in the process.  

• Like 3