NBC Sports Edge Forums

Davante Adams 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, CooL said:

Reece Van Haaften and Rob Demovsky, come on dudes, get that new iPhoneXI with the telephoto lens.  Your terrible pictures aren't making this easy.  In the first picture, he's got his left heel off the ground, which implies that his weight was on his right foot and toe.  So clearly it must be improving.  However, in the second picture, I see him awkwardly holding a ball in his left hand like it's a Faberge egg.  This maybe has caused him some concern for his balance as I see a whole pile of cushions behind him just in case he falls on his a$$.  That might lead me to think he doesn't have confidence in his balance yet. Can we maybe see some pictures of him going off the field on crutches or worse, getting a ride from a golf cart?  That would confirm my suspicion that he likely isn't playing.

yo, CooL ... i hope you have a balanced lineup, one that you have confidence in, lest your team falls on it's a$$ 🙋‍♂️

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's skipping boys. Our boy is skipping.   https://twitter.com/matts https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1187107306217115650 chneidman/status/11871073 https://twitter.com/mattschneidma

Posted Images

Just now, m_cox22 said:

I think a return for the KC game would be best case at this point...

Right, I mean we could be looking at another 4-5 weeks the way he talked in the interview (ligament damage, etc).  Def need to have other options for a while.

13 minutes ago, yanksman said:

no time table but that's not what Rap told us.  What a clown Rap is.

"Not serious" can mean a lot of things- it's a vague statement. Not serious for Rap can mean anywhere from 2 weeks to whatever, as long as it wasn't season ending RAP was not techincally wrong, but he just had an intentional choice for words to give him credibility. Adams is gonna miss at least 2 more weeks IMO

28 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Rest up Adams, I'm going to need you in the playoffs.

Exactly... I’m fine with him missing this game and maybe, even the following week. Let him come back fully healthy, & rested. The KC matchup would be the perfect time for his return. GreenBay will definitely need his services for that potential shootout. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/10/packers-wr-davante-adams-on-toe-injury-it-doesnt-feel-how-i-want-it-to-feel/amp/

It is a major injury, so it’s something we have to pay attention to and make sure we monitor in the correct way to make sure it’s not something that gets reaggravated later in the season or I come back a little too early and really mess the thing up,” Adams said Thursday. “I can’t really tell you when I’m going to play. I don’t know. I know it doesn’t feel how I want it to feel at the moment, but we definitely have time.”

Per Dr. Chao today:

Indeed, the Packers wide receiver's turf toe injury will be a multi week absence as originally anticipated. Today, Adams confirmed that he is dealing with a "major injury" and that there is no timeline for a return. No timeline means the player typically doesn't know yet and this certainly does not mean that the injury is season ending but this is definitely not good news. this does not bode well for the Packers and fantasy players who have been anxiously waiting his return. As expressed before, the turf toe is significant for a receiver as it helps to plant,cut and push off. Likely not close yet but at least he is not in walking boot. I am hopeful for a return in October but November seems more likely.     

1 hour ago, gufomel said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/10/packers-wr-davante-adams-on-toe-injury-it-doesnt-feel-how-i-want-it-to-feel/amp/

It is a major injury, so it’s something we have to pay attention to and make sure we monitor in the correct way to make sure it’s not something that gets reaggravated later in the season or I come back a little too early and really mess the thing up,” Adams said Thursday. “I can’t really tell you when I’m going to play. I don’t know. I know it doesn’t feel how I want it to feel at the moment, but we definitely have time.”

Per Dr. Chao today:

Indeed, the Packers wide receiver's turf toe injury will be a multi week absence as originally anticipated. Today, Adams confirmed that he is dealing with a "major injury" and that there is no timeline for a return. No timeline means the player typically doesn't know yet and this certainly does not mean that the injury is season ending but this is definitely not good news. this does not bode well for the Packers and fantasy players who have been anxiously waiting his return. As expressed before, the turf toe is significant for a receiver as it helps to plant,cut and push off. Likely not close yet but at least he is not in walking boot. I am hopeful for a return in October but November seems more likely.     

Then declare Adams out so we can IR him. This weekly questionable BS is just insult to injury

• Like 1
On 9/27/2019 at 4:37 PM, the1gq2nvy said:

#Packers WR Davante Adams had his MRI today on his toe injury, and sources say it’s not believed to be serious. The team will be careful with their star pass-catcher. But if he misses time, it may not be much.

This clown needs to be called out on this nonsense

4 hours ago, gufomel said:

Per Dr. Chao today:

i want to trade for him but the last sentence is concerning. i guess it's opportunity to buy low however owners probably expect adams back soon. something along lines of boyd & damien williams lol. 

5 minutes ago, Power-O said:

I think the context of serious  injury means that the injury can become something really serious if he doesn't take care of it.  This is true.  He still could have a minor version of this 

Love the positivity, this is the kind of stuff we need more of as our seasons crumble to dust with our first round pick sitting out multiple games