NBC Sports Edge Forums

Davante Adams 2019 Outlook

23 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Is it me or is GB being quiet about his injury?

Did the team designate his injury as a Turf Toe or is everybody just going off what Adams said, in his Post Game interview vs Philadelphia. Saying he has turf toe. 

They're being smart.  There's no real motivation to give anyone a timeframe.  First, it's competitive information that they don't need opponents knowing.  Second, I'm sure they probably don't know themselves.  I mean, Saquon got a 4-8 week timeframe, with everyone saying it would be at the long end of that, and he might be back in less than 4.

It sucks for us owners because we would love to plan properly for our fantasy teams, but it shouldn't be a surprise.  Also, even if we did get one, these timeframes are often wrong anyway.  So many times we hear the player is coming back and then the dude has a setback or something.  Look at AJ Green...we were told he would be back around week 3 and there's literally no timetable on him anymore.

We're gonna have to guess on this and hope we guess right.  I'm with others thinking he'll be out 2-3 more weeks, but that's a based solely on what I see.  He's not in a cast or a walking boot, but he's not practicing.

Edited by Brownsfan74
  • Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's skipping boys. Our boy is skipping.   https://twitter.com/matts https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1187107306217115650 chneidman/status/11871073 https://twitter.com/mattschneidma

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

They're being smart.  There's no real motivation to give anyone a timeframe.  First, it's competitive information that they don't need opponents knowing.  Second, I'm sure they probably don't know themselves.  I mean, Saquon got a 4-8 week timeframe, with everyone saying it would be at the long end of that, and he might be back in less than 4.

It sucks for us owners because we would love to plan properly for our fantasy teams, but it shouldn't be a surprise.  Also, even if we did get one, these timeframes are often wrong anyway.  So many times we hear the player is coming back and then the dude has a setback or something.  Look at AJ Green...we were told he would be back around week 3 and there's literally no timetable on him anymore.

We're gonna have to guess on this and hope we guess right.  I'm with others thinking he'll be out 2-3 more weeks, but that's a based solely on what I see.  He's not in a cast or a walking boot, but he's not practicing.

No I get it, I am just maybe looking at this in a conspicuous way. I don't need a time line just The team hasn't made a official designation? Maybe? Just sorta reminds me of the Gurley situation in LA. 

3 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

No I get it, I am just maybe looking at this in a conspicuous way. I don't need a time line just The team hasn't made a official designation? Maybe? Just sorta reminds me of the Gurley situation in LA. 

Not even remotely the same, Gurley's career is over in the sense of being a bell cow RB he is a shell of the player he once was and they made a huge investment so naturally they're playing mind games. Adams just has a really annoying injury where its exceeding difficult to give a definitive timetable. I don't see any games being played here maybe he can cut on it next week maybe in two weeks no point giving a timetable if you don't know. 

• Like 1

This cat is going to be out a while.  He can't even practice right now.  I don't even know for sure if he can put his pre-injury shoes on yet.  He couldn't the night he hurt it...

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

This cat is going to be out a while.  He can't even practice right now.  I don't even know for sure if he can put his pre-injury shoes on yet.  He couldn't the night he hurt it...

Honestly unfortunately I think I'm in agreement, I see him coming back vs the Chiefs in all likelihood. Wish it was sooner but I don't want him tweaking this all season either so whatever it is what it is.

Where is the useless Ian Rapaport? Didn’t he in his usual premature rush to tweet braking news say vaguely that the injury wasn’t serious and suggested he’d be back in two weeks? That dude is quick to spit out stuff but never owns up to wrong calls.

16 minutes ago, CooL said:

Where is the useless Ian Rapaport? Didn’t he in his usual premature rush to tweet braking news say vaguely that the injury wasn’t serious and suggested he’d be back in two weeks? That dude is quick to spit out stuff but never owns up to wrong calls.

It really doesn't matter where Rapaport is, he's just a reporter. Anyone who knows football knew Adams was going to be out multiple weeks and turf toe injuries linger all year. I said this two weeks ago right after it happened and I believe I said expect a month. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1
Just now, Dexter75 said:

It really doesn't matter where Rapaport is, he's just a reporter. Anyone who knows football knew Adams was going to be out multiple weeks and turf toe injuries linger all year. I said this twi weeks ago right after it happened and I believe I said expect a month. 

You don't need a weather man to know it's raining outside.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

It really doesn't matter where Rapaport is, he's just a reporter. Anyone who knows football knew Adams was going to be out multiple weeks and turf toe injuries linger all year. I said this two weeks ago right after it happened and I believe I said expect a month. 

Every injury is different, stop patting yourself on the back. Your guess was as good as anyone else's

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Every injury is different, stop patting yourself on the back. Your guess was as good as anyone else's

Im a realistic Adams owner, not a desperate Adams owner who was thinking he would only miss one week with a serious injury lol. He has ligament damage. 

Edited by Dexter75
25 minutes ago, CooL said:

Rapoport is fantasy leprosy.

3 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

How long do these turf toe injuries usually take to heal?

each case is different, can take a week to months/surgery depending on severity.

the bigger concern is if he were to come back too early and re-aggravate the injury. 

julio jones missed two games with turf toe in '16 (missed weeks 14/15), aggravated it during the playoffs, and ended up needing surgery after the post season.

no one knows when he will be back, but i'd prepare to be without adams for 2-4 more weeks, especially with the packers having a good record.

i can see him being back for the chiefs game if all goes well, but i suspect that the packers will play it safe with him.

• Thanks 3
53 minutes ago, johnwallin said:

each case is different, can take a week to months/surgery depending on severity.

the bigger concern is if he were to come back too early and re-aggravate the injury. 

julio jones missed two games with turf toe in '16 (missed weeks 14/15), aggravated it during the playoffs, and ended up needing surgery after the post season.

no one knows when he will be back, but i'd prepare to be without adams for 2-4 more weeks, especially with the packers having a good record.

i can see him being back for the chiefs game if all goes well, but i suspect that the packers will play it safe with agreed 

Agreed I went out and got more WR depth in case hes out 2-4 weeks

5 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

Wish he be declared out already.... because realistically thats a given

I bet he'll be listed Out on Sunday... which will qualify for IR, but come Monday/Tuesday stupid Yahoo will list him Q again.  Thus making waivers a pain in the behind 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ninersdd said:

How long do these turf toe injuries usually take to heal?

An offseason. A guy would have to sit at least two months doing nothing but they dont and trying to come back sooner than that and they linger all year like a hamstring. Its probably better to break something, at least that heals faster.

Edited by Dexter75

I understand as an Adams fantasy owner you get frustrated but to quote a certain cheesehead QB, R-e-l-a-x people. 

Initially and immediately Adams said he is dealing with turf toe. Going back to those pages, pretty much everyone on here is saying grade 2 and the expectation is 2-6 weeks. And that would be the good news. 

The only report available was from Rap and everyone know what he said so I won’t repeat it here. That was so relieve because it was not season ending and pretty much confirmed what everyone on here was saying. 

Forward to where we are at right now. The team have not even announced officially what the injury is. No other reports even come close to report anything. Other than Rap. And since I don’t follow social media and have unbiased opinion toward Rap positive or negative, I have to say people are being too hard on Rap. So far Adams only missed 1 game. And still have not been ruled out this week, still questionable. But with no practices, we can confirm that he will be out. That would be 2 games. And since he is still questionable meaning he is week to week. So there is a chance he will be back the week after. That would beat all expectation. Even if he will miss another game after, so 3 games total. That would still be great consider as soon as we found out it was turf toe, we thought he is done. 

I need the production from my 1st round pick as much as you guys. But I don’t think it is all doom and gloom guys. Questionable tag so far have been a good thing imho. Meaning he is close to play rather than not playing. Doubtful and Out tag early in the week would be bad.

Just saying guys. Relax. 

Edited by ginocan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2