Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Davante Adams 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, poofinger said:

I’m confused.  Last week he was seen in workout clothes that were referred to as “street clothes”.  Everyone was all down.   Now he’s stretching.  Stretching.  And I’m supposed to get excited?   We’re setting a low bar here fellas.  

 

Please take your reasonableness out of this thread.  It's not welcome here 

Just kidding.  I think the cause of the happiness is that this is the first action we have seen that indicates he is on the road back.  Prior to this there was nothing but talk, but getting back onto the field...even without really practicing...is a step. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's skipping boys. Our boy is skipping.   https://twitter.com/matts https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1187107306217115650 chneidman/status/11871073 https://twitter.com/mattschneidma

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, poofinger said:

I’m confused.  Last week he was seen in workout clothes that were referred to as “street clothes”.  Everyone was all down.   Now he’s stretching.  Stretching.  And I’m supposed to get excited?   We’re setting a low bar here fellas.  


Well last week he didn’t get the “game time decision” from his coach. This week they finally talk about his chance of playing. Personally, I take it as a very positive news. Game time decision meaning that he is very close to coming back. With the latest being next week. And if that is the case, he will only be missing 4 games. And that is far greater news than “turf toe, season ending potential” initially. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

 

Please take your reasonableness out of this thread.  It's not welcome here 

Just kidding.  I think the cause of the happiness is that this is the first action we have seen that indicates he is on the road back.  Prior to this there was nothing but talk, but getting back onto the field...even without really practicing...is a step. 


I was just messing  

 

Totally agree. Two leagues.  Two first round picks on this guy.  I NEED him back.  I’ll take stretching.  Stretching?   We’re talking about stretching?!?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, poofinger said:


I was just messing  

 

Totally agree. Two leagues.  Two first round picks on this guy.  I NEED him back.  I’ll take stretching.  Stretching?   We’re talking about stretching?!?!

 

you forgot jogging and skiping 🤨

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Willie_Beamen said:

Likelihood this guy plays? I have a decision to make today since F1 is my only back up this week.

1%. Since he has a night game I wouldn't put him in my lineup unless you have a Monday Night backup. Since it is Dolphins vs Steelers that would probably highly unlikely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

1%. Since he has a night game I wouldn't put him in my lineup unless you have a Monday Night backup. Since it is Dolphins vs Steelers that would probably highly unlikely.

To be fair, you can probably grab any 🐬 not named Davante Parker. Sure you don't want to, but...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

To be fair, you can probably grab any 🐬 not named Davante Parker. Sure you don't want to, but...

 

or gamble on any packer...they are all available in my league...i have aj brown on the bench though and may opt to just go with that matchup and hold my breath

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, let's work on the assumption he comes back week 9 (no guarantee, I know).  What are expectations for ROS?  He was struggling prior to the injury with the exception of the Iggles game (no surprise there).  The GB offense seems to have shifted to a more balanced attack and they have a middle of the pack ROS schedule for WR.  Top 5 still?  Top 10?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cothane said:

So, let's work on the assumption he comes back week 9 (no guarantee, I know).  What are expectations for ROS?  He was struggling prior to the injury with the exception of the Iggles game (no surprise there).  The GB offense seems to have shifted to a more balanced attack and they have a middle of the pack ROS schedule for WR.  Top 5 still?  Top 10?

 

I'd still say top 10...maybe not top 5. He had a pretty tough first few weeks against Chicago, Minnesota and Denver before the Eagles. It would be nice to have him back since my only alternatives this week are Devante Parker or Jamison Crowder.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Julio played a whole season with turf toe and still put up 88 catches 1,444 yards 3tds. This guy on the other hand.... so frustrating. 

             Signed, irritated, unforgiving, unreasonable owner

Edited by jeremyt7
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jeremyt7 said:

Julio played a whole season with turf toe and still put up 88 catches 1,444 yards 3tds. This guy on the other hand.... so frustrating. 

 

It wasn't as severe as Adams. There's no way someone is playing through whatever Adams has.

Edited by n4sa
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, n4sa said:

 

It wasn't as severe as Adams. There's no way someone is playing through whatever Adams has.

Possibly, I’ve been reading Julio got hurt missed 2 weeks came back. Then in playoffs against Seahawks he reinsure d it and was forced out early but came back for the super bowl. 

 

This is injury is tricky, wish I could trade him lol  

Edited by jeremyt7
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, n4sa said:

 

It wasn't as severe as Adams. There's no way someone is playing through whatever Adams has.

 

None of us really know how severe it is but my guess is if he had to go he could...this is alot of extra caution which i dont blame him...1 thing we will know is that when he returns he will be 100% based on the way he is playing it

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Power-O said:

 

None of us really know how severe it is but my guess is if he had to go he could...this is alot of extra caution which i dont blame him...1 thing we will know is that when he returns he will be 100% based on the way he is playing it

 

7 minutes ago, jeremyt7 said:

Just curious, how do you know that? Julio ended up having to have surgery from what I remember.

 

Julio Jones only missed two games. There's just no way his injury was as severe as Adams, he wouldn't even be able to run.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...