NBC Sports Edge Forums

Davante Adams 2019 Outlook

9 minutes ago, lla887 said:

Game script wasn’t in his favour.  Pack got up early and didn’t need to air it out.  It was disappointing but those who survive this week with Adams in their line up will hopefully see better in the next couple weeks

The game script was basically neutral the whole game...it was never a 3 score game. Rodgers didn't even crack 250 yards. Pathetic man

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's skipping boys. Our boy is skipping.   https://twitter.com/matts https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1187107306217115650 chneidman/status/11871073 https://twitter.com/mattschneidma

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, CooL said:

An elite #1 WR shouldn't have to rely on game script.  He should COMMAND the ball.  Michael Thomas commands the ball. These two likely went as the first two WRs in most drafts.  Many of us chose poorly.  Sort of like how many also chose the wrong side of the Saquon/CMC coin.  So very frustrating. 

I don’t think Thomas went in the first two WR in the vast majority of drafts.  I think he was on average the 4th or 5th.  Not that I disagree with your main point.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, CooL said:

An elite #1 WR shouldn't have to rely on game script.  He should COMMAND the ball.  Michael Thomas commands the ball. These two likely went as the first two WRs in most drafts.  Many of us chose poorly.  Sort of like how many also chose the wrong side of the Saquon/CMC coin.  So very frustrating. 

Its funny but that was the knock on MT second half of last year.  I had him and alot of games the saints simply went away from him.

• Like 2

Packers did not need to pass with Jones running well...still sucks for any owners who got bumped in the first round because GB/Rodgers refuse to run up the score ( or can't anymore?)

18 minutes ago, CooL said:

I picked Thomas and Adams luckily but I know what you mean. Adams should have had a bigger game and a better season minus the injury.

6 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Packers did not need to pass with Jones running well...still sucks for any owners who got bumped in the first round because GB/Rodgers refuse to run up the score ( or can't anymore?)

The Rodgers of old died in 2016

Bench this guy against bottom 5 offenses when Packers are at home. Lafleur will almost certainly take his foot off the gas once the team is up 14-0. You basically have to pray Adams scores in the first two td chances or he's boned.

Fortunately Chicago is coming to town and their defense really doesn't scare anyone anymore. And Vikings in week 16 is an amazing matchup

Edited by PlayTheWaivers

I don't know about you all but that Redskins game was pretty alarming. Apparently Rodgers was terrible and Adams was barely used.

I am not feeling good about Adams this week against the bears- not saying bears defense are world beaters or anything but the ceiling isn't what it once was. Maybe the bears hang some points on the Packers but their implied total is trash so no Vegas or the public isn't buying trubisky turnaround.

In a 3 WR league I'm an underdog and I just don't feel good about him being a top 24 play this week. Correct me or talk me out of it 

4 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I don't know about you all but that Redskins game was pretty alarming. Apparently Rodgers was terrible and Adams was barely used.

I am not feeling good about Adams this week against the bears- not saying bears defense are world beaters or anything but the ceiling isn't what it once was. Maybe the bears hang some points on the Packers but their implied total is trash so no Vegas or the public isn't buying trubisky turnaround.

In a 3 WR league I'm an underdog and I just don't feel good about him being a top 24 play this week. Correct me or talk me out of it 

Good thing for Adams is I don't see them triple teaming him like in week 1.  The Bears run D just isn't the same since they lost some players to injury.  So I don't see them being able to stop the run if they put that much attention on Adams.

57 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Good thing for Adams is I don't see them triple teaming him like in week 1.  The Bears run D just isn't the same since they lost some players to injury.  So I don't see them being able to stop the run if they put that much attention on Adams.

He was never triple teamed, he will be bracketed with a combination of Tolliver+Clinton dix or Jackson+Fuller. It looked like we he was triple teamed because players shifted that way. Bears run D isn't the same but it's still no easy task. 

• Like 1

I’m concerned, I really need top level production to win. It seems crazy to not start him but the Bears were 3-1 and really tough when Akiem Hicks went down. They then figured it out lately and have gone 4-1 last five, now they finally get Akiem Hicks back.

12 hours ago, Brettg57 said:

He was never triple teamed, he will be bracketed with a combination of Tolliver+Clinton dix or Jackson+Fuller. It looked like we he was triple teamed because players shifted that way. Bears run D isn't the same but it's still no easy task. 

How many players around him?? Maybe I'm blind.  But sure looks like 3 to me.  They did that all game.

Edited by youngrice
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, affliction said:

Definitely thought he would finish higher than Mike Thomas this year. I thought he was one of the safest consistent picks in the back end of the first. 

Sucks that literally two players in the same spot in snake drafts had drastically different outcomes. Insane. Even cmc and Kamara owners feel the same way. Adams is elite but this coaching staff and Rodgers aren’t looking so