NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Carson 2019 Outlook

Up to 33 in ESPN's updated mock draft rankings. I believe he was 46 yesterday. I still like him at 33, but those hopes and dreams of late 4th/early 5th are long, long gone. He is now ahead of Mack and Aaron Jones, and was 20 spots behind them a few weeks ago. This hype train needs to slow down 😭

• Like 1
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He just put up 100+ yards in back to back weeks vs TB & SF but dude above isn't impressed.

Not sure if this has been posted but      Watching this and knowing they want to throw to him more makes me an excited Carson owner in PPR.

Carson is closer to AP than Penny is to Carson

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Motown_Magic said:

Up to 33 in ESPN's updated mock draft rankings. I believe he was 46 yesterday. I still like him at 33, but those hopes and dreams of late 4th/early 5th are long, long gone. He is now ahead of Mack and Aaron Jones, and was 20 spots behind them a few weeks ago. This hype train needs to slow down 😭

Nooooo, I hate when this happens. I feel like every year I have a great plan to exploit the ESPN rankings when I draft, and now this weekend my chances of getting him in the 5th are zero.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Nooooo, I hate when this happens. I feel like every year I have a great plan to exploit the ESPN rankings when I draft, and now this weekend my chances of getting him in the 5th are zero.

Biggest reason why I hate online drafts. Everyone becomes a slave to the site rankings, consciously or otherwise. 

Let me preface this by saying I do like Carson in the early 4th, but I just want to pay devil's advocate:

A popular theme in this and the Penny thread pertain to Mike Davis' 150 some-odd touches being open for both of them. The talk of Carson getting more passing work has surely made his outlook even brighter. However, why are we so sure that one of the other backs on the depth chart doesn't come in to swipe the majority of those vacated touches? I remember being very impressed with what JD McKissic brought to the Seahawks in 2017 in the passing game, and CJ Prosise is still talented (and alive). I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if one of those guys got a decent amount of work on 3rd downs, assuming the other is cut.

1 hour ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Biggest reason to draft in July...

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

When (not if) Carson gets injured for the 45th time in his career, Penny will show him up once again. 

You have a point... the only time Penny can out perform Carson, is when Carson is injured. B)

Chris Carson, From Week 3-17, averaged 19.5 carries, 89.6 rushing yards, .75 TDs per game.  That's a season pace of 312/1434/12.

Injuries are a valid concern... that's why he's a 4th round pick, not 2nd.  Complaining about something that's already been factored into his price is futile.

24 minutes ago, ItsMeMario said:

Every RB can get hurt. Injury is overrated .... Derius Guice people guss over him and its way worst injury than Carson

Yes anyone can get hurt. Some player’s styles make them more susceptible. Carson is one of them. 

2 hours ago, ItsMeMario said:

1) Every RB can get hurt.

2) Injury is overrated ....

3) Derrius Guice people guss over him and its way worst injury than Carson

I see three more or less unrelated statements: one true, one patently untrue, and one irrelevant.

57 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

Carson was fine last year, missed one or two starts?  He won a lot of league championships with his performance in the fantasy playoffs.  If you handcuff with Penny what’s the worry 

I guess the only worry is burning two picks on that backfield between rounds 4-7. Personally I done it a handful of times and don’t mind..

4 hours ago, Rickydragon said:

If you handcuff with Penny what’s the worry 

penny is not a handcuff. penny will assume all of mike davis' touches from last season; he is an RB2 flex.

when i draft penny along with carson, it's not as a handcuff: i'll play both in my lineup.

and i don't see this as a poor man's kamara / ingram from 2017.

3 hours ago, Mr.Joshua said:

A 4th on Carson and a 6th on Penny, you guys think thats worth it?

carson is an RB2 with RB1 upside. if you think you can do better than carson in round 4, go for it... but the reality is, carson's round 4 days are coming to a close as we move closer to september: his ADP in half-PPR is now 3.11.

8 hours ago, oresteszero said:

Penny > Carson all day

certainly if we don't hear more of this kind of talk, carson's ADP will continue to climb towards early round 3. so keep posting, please.

cardinals-david-johnson-is-back-seahawks

• Like 1
18 hours ago, bomont said:

...while he's healthy. That's the issue and why he's cheaper 

WAS cheaper. Checking ADPs his value has soared son of a b!  All my "oh boy he won't cost much what a steal" picks seem to be doing that.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Sack Exchange said:

penny is not a handcuff. penny will assume all of mike davis' touches from last season; he is an RB2 flex.

when i draft penny along with carson, it's not as a handcuff: i'll play both in my lineup.

Locking up the Seattle backfield is a great strategy. Ima try to fadangle it come draft day. And Carson can still soak up some of those Davis touches, why would you presume it all goes to Penny. I still think its more of a 60/40 timeshare in Carson’s favor. And yes you can most definitely start these two as RB1 and RB2 . But I would wait a few weeks before plugging Penny in. Just to see how things shake out. I would absolutely love for Carson to be the feature back tho or get significant touches , unlikely as that is. Penny can ride the pine whole season as a handcuff for all I care , if that were the scenario. But my honest prediction is Carson will go down sometime in the season and Penny will be a league winner. I kinda hope for that but not really ,  don’t like wishing an injury on any player. Just what I think 

1 minute ago, bomont said:

I think it will be more than 60% for Carson and I sure as hell hope I do better than Penny as my RB2, doubly so if I already have Carson. 

That’s what Im hoping for as well, most of us are really. Ofcourse you’ll have a better RB2 then Penny , I would hope so. Ima try to start Carson as my RB2 , if I get Barkley, Zeke, Cmc, or Kamara. Or if I’m on the tail End of draft I go 1WR- 2WR- A Jones or Devonta Freeman, then 4th go get Carson. And Penny 6/7 round. 

Took Carson in the 5th round as my rb3/4. Not mad at all. 

The guy played 14 games last year, I don't think that's a terrible number considering how many people are claiming he's so injury prone😏