NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Carson 2019 Outlook

somehow, someway ... i missed this cat in all 3 drafts, and im'ma be kicking myself all season. 

i was at the back of all 3 (12 teams), and Carson was snagged early third in each. 

FRIGGIN' STEAL!

oh, well ... i got in on it with the sharps, took him with very nice juice to gain over 1,200 and to lead the leeg in rushing yds (+225 on that one).

enjoy the ride, folks ... this foo' gonna ball the eff out. 

• Like 6
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He just put up 100+ yards in back to back weeks vs TB & SF but dude above isn't impressed.

Not sure if this has been posted but      Watching this and knowing they want to throw to him more makes me an excited Carson owner in PPR.

Carson is closer to AP than Penny is to Carson

Posted Images

4 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

somehow, someway ... i missed this cat in all 3 drafts, and im'ma be kicking myself all season. 

i was at the back of all 3 (12 teams), and Carson was snagged early third in each. 

FRIGGIN' STEAL!

oh, well ... i got in on it with the sharps, took him with very nice juice to gain over 1,200 and to lead the leeg in rushing yds (+225 on that one).

enjoy the ride, folks ... this foo' gonna ball the eff out. 

Just out of curiosity,  what kind of line did you get on the over 1,200 yards prop? and is that all-purpose or strictly rushing?

I think barring health he definitely could lead the league in rushing. He's got the talent and the opportunity. If the Seattle D can keep things close on a regular basis that would help as well, although Carroll loves to run regardless

9 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Just out of curiosity,  what kind of line did you get on the over 1,200 yards prop? and is that all-purpose or strictly rushing?

strictly rushing ... i teased down to 1,200 at -150 juice ... i usually avoid a number that steep, but i am quite confident he hits - big coin plunked. 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

strictly rushing ... i teased down to 1,200 at -150 juice ... i usually avoid a number that steep, but i am quite confident he hits - big coin plunked. 

Damn! The over 1,200 rushing was -150? Curious what was the -110 number?

1,200 being -150 makes me even more bullish on him this year.

Edited by cbsholy
On 9/4/2019 at 9:07 AM, blazehound said:

Penny should get around 15 touches a game, so yeah, flex worthy. 

As a Seahawks fan that watches every snap of every season let me give you a dose of reality.

Seattle utalizes a power run scheme for a reason. To control the tempo and wear down the defense. They have done this ever since Pete Carroll took over. That is why despite having a fairly underwhelming defense last year they still managed to finish in the top half of the league due to controlling the ball. I repeat, this is something that Carroll has always done and will continue to do.

So how does this relate to your post and Carson? That's because Penny does none of the above and Carson does all of the above. When Penny runs he often times tries to do too much and tends to bounce the ball outside every chance he gets. Instead of taking what is being provided by the run, he will go and do his own thing. This does the opposite of what the Seahawks try to establish with their run game. It does not wear down the defense nor does it allow you to control the game in the same way.

What do Lynch, Rawls, and Carson all have in common? The reason I mention Rawls by the way is because when he was healthy he was the run away bellcow on the team and putting up top 5 RB numbers. However, back to the point. All 3 punish the defense. They run with the scheme and then try to punish the defense every chance they get. Carson is a great fit for what Seattle tries to do while Penny is not. It doesn't even have 100% to do with the talent of Penny he just refuses to run how Seattle wants to run. He won't even put a dent in the workload of Carson. The only way Carson does not put up RB1 numbers is if he gets injured due to the physical running style.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

As a Seahawks fan that watches every snap of every season let me give you a dose of reality.

Seattle utalizes a power run scheme for a reason. To control the tempo and wear down the defense. They have done this ever since Pete Carroll took over. That is why despite having a fairly underwhelming defense last year they still managed to finish in the top half of the league due to controlling the ball. I repeat, this is something that Carroll has always done and will continue to do.

So how does this relate to your post and Carson? That's because Penny does none of the above and Carson does all of the above. When Penny runs he often times tries to do too much and tends to bounce the ball outside every chance he gets. Instead of taking what is being provided by the run, he will go and do his own thing. This does the opposite of what the Seahawks try to establish with their run game. It does not wear down the defense nor does it allow you to control the game in the same way.

What do Lynch, Rawls, and Carson all have in common? The reason I mention Rawls by the way is because when he was healthy he was the run away bellcow on the team and putting up top 5 RB numbers. However, back to the point. All 3 punish the defense. They run with the scheme and then try to punish the defense every chance they get. Carson is a great fit for what Seattle tries to do while Penny is not. It doesn't even have 100% to do with the talent of Penny he just refuses to run how Seattle wants to run. He won't even put a dent in the workload of Carson. The only way Carson does not put up RB1 numbers is if he gets injured due to the physical running style.

That’s why Carson was also banged up before pretty much every single game last year. Idk who actually owned him last year out of everyone that is so hyped on him. But I did and this guy was a game time decision maybe 50% of his starts. His hip his knee his back etc. if you think penny isn’t going to eat into his workload your mistaken. Again if your a Carson owner and you don’t own penny your setting yourself up for a lot of headaches all year long.

Just now, StevenSC400 said:

That’s why Carson was also banged up before pretty much every single game last year. Idk who actually owned him last year out of everyone that is so hyped on him. But I did and this guy was a game time decision maybe 50% of his starts. His hip his knee his back etc. if you think penny isn’t going to eat into his workload your mistaken. Again if your a Carson owner and you don’t own penny your setting yourself up for a lot of headaches all year long.

Penny isn’t going to eat into Carson’s workload. Carson will get a full workload and Penny will get what is left over. Seattle will be running the ball far too much for any single RB to handle alone. There is no concern with Carson.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Penny isn’t going to eat into Carson’s workload. Carson will get a full workload and Penny will get what is left over. Seattle will be running the ball far too much for any single RB to handle alone. There is no concern with Carson.

This is a run-heavy offense that can support two backs. I can easily see a 1A/1B type situation (RB2/FLEX).

1 minute ago, MJJ28 said:

Carson getting injured and or playing but being limited is the primary concern with him. As far as running the ball they both have more than enough work but I have yet to see him make an impact on passing downs and I doubt that changes. 

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Seahawks ran the 538 times last season. Carson isn’t running the ball 325+ times. Penny will get his. Trust this.

Edited by blazehound
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, blazehound said:

Seahawks ran the 538 times last season. Carson isn’t running the ball 325+ times. Penny will get his. Trust this.

Completely agree. Penny is a steal where he is going drafts. Probably the best handcuff in football and flex/borderline RB2 value to start the season. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Haha 3
10 minutes ago, blazehound said:

That rushing number is coming down with Wilson seeing an uptick in pass attempts, no doubt. Also- no guarantee penny is not in a timeshare.

5 minutes ago, HispasianTuna said:

I really haven't seen Penny play, but looking at last years fantasy stats, he only broke 10 FFP's twice. Does he pass the eye test or am I missing something? 😶

They invested a 1st round pick in him they aren't giving up on a 1st round pick after 1 rookie season. Mike Davis is gone so all those touches are now free. Carson is always banged up and hasn't as of yet been a factor in the passing game. He also does have way more burst than carson. He just wanted to break a home run every play instead of taking whats given. But he does have talent. Add all of these up what you get? A lot of value for someone being drafted late.

Edited by StevenSC400
25 minutes ago, blazehound said:

I will not trust this. Penny will be used as a borderline COP back. He is not going to get 10-15 carries a week. That averages 200 carries for the season. 

Also, don't sleep on Homer if Carson goes down. He runs hard and with decisiveness which is what Seattle wants. Even if Carson were to miss the entire season Penny may not get 15 carries a game. Homer very well can take a lot of the work.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I will not trust this. Penny will be used as a borderline COP back. He is not going to get 10-15 carries a week. That averages 200 carries for the season. 

Also, don't sleep on Homer if Carson goes down. He runs hard and with decisiveness which is what Seattle wants. Even if Carson were to miss the entire season Penny may not get 15 carries a game. Homer very well can take a lot of the work.

So you don't think Penny will get 10-15 carries a week but Carson is going to get 300 plus carries for the year and make it a whole season? If your really a seahawks fan you should know he BARELY handled his workload from last year. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1

All this injury talk is so damn boring. Can’t believe there are still people who try to play the injury prediction game, especially with a guy who played the entire season and was a monster down the stretch run. Carson is quite possibly the physically strongest RB in the NFL. There is no reason to believe he is at greater risk of injury than any other random player.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 2
On 9/5/2019 at 12:07 PM, StevenSC400 said:

So you don't think Penny will get 10-15 carries a week but Carson is going to get 300 plus carries for the year and make it a whole season? If your really a seahawks fan you should know he BARELY handled his workload from last year. 

This is fair.

But I also feel Carson really worked this offseason to get even stronger