NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Carson 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He just put up 100+ yards in back to back weeks vs TB & SF but dude above isn't impressed.

Not sure if this has been posted but      Watching this and knowing they want to throw to him more makes me an excited Carson owner in PPR.

Carson is closer to AP than Penny is to Carson

Posted Images

Just now, scheibler said:

Tbh he was getting shut down in the running department at hone against a bad defense. The involvement in the passing game is awesome, but I'm kinda worried

The line was pretty bad yesterday and the Bengals Dline were flying around the ball.  Better rushing days ahead...

5 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Tbh he was getting shut down in the running department at hone against a bad defense. The involvement in the passing game is awesome, but I'm kinda worried

the weather factored in as well. Was nasty out there

16 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

the weather factored in as well. Was nasty out there

Yeah seemed like mostly 2nd H though...

Was a nice performance. The line really needs to clean it up, but have to think they will. Also Penny is not fit to carry Carson's jock. The hawks poster was dead-on about his inability to just see the crease/hole (however small) he just bounced around laterally...no vision or patience whatsoever.

Edited by ST. STEVEN
2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah seemed like mostly 2nd H though...

Was a nice performance. The line really needs to clean it up, but have to think they will. Also Penny is not fit to carry Carson's jock. The hawks poster was dead-on about his inability to just see the crease/hole (however small) he just bounced around laterally...no vision or patience whatsoever.

Honestly if Seattle hadn't invested such a high draft pick for Penny, I wouldn't be surprised if he was cut or traded. Nothing he does is really special . Purely a handcuff at this point 

• Like 1

As expected, Carson is the clear cut bellcow. Penny was only in to spill him for a play here adn there and it was mostly after tough runs where he was a bit winded. They also had multiple designed plays for Carson in the recieving sector which was promising. 

The only downside is the line looked a lot worse than most thought it would. Carson had to make something out of nothing on most of his carries and Wilson was running for his life. Seattle tends to start a bit on the slow end though so it should be better as the season goes on. With the work in the passing game there is for sure top 5 upside with Carson. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

3 fumbles in 2 games. That last fumble was inside their own 20.

The second fumble was on the handoff.

He just won the game for them on a 4th down run as well. 

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 3

I've always thought Pete wanted to get Penny more involved. I think a RBBC was probably always in the cards for the Seahawks. Penny has a lot of value as both a handcuff, flex, and RB1 if Carson gets injured.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, jasonresno said:

And Mack is on pace for 1800 rushing yards and 8 TDs. I'd hold off extrapolating anything meaningful from two games.

It was a joke, calm down :P  Still awful through 2 games.

Edited by kdko
  • Haha 1
Just now, Gohawks said:

Penny has one good run literally all season. 

Not surprising with only two weeks in the books. Penny had some really nice runs late last season. Carson has looks good as well besides the fumbles.

Stat correction already took one of Carson's fumbles away.

Carson had 3 fumbles in 330 touches before last week.  Carroll going back to him on 4th and 1 for the game winning plunge makes me think this is a non issue. Still gonna be an RBBC, but this is far from the doom and gloom people are trying to present here.

• Like 4