Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Carson 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He just put up 100+ yards in back to back weeks vs TB & SF but dude above isn't impressed.

Not sure if this has been posted but      Watching this and knowing they want to throw to him more makes me an excited Carson owner in PPR.

Carson is closer to AP than Penny is to Carson

Posted Images

Def playing him in all season long spots, but the Saints are a very good rush D--even without Rankins...a key to success today would be getting Carson out in space in the passing game (as they have so far) and getting him in the coverage of Kiko Alonso, the new starting middle LB of saints.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Def playing him in all season long spots, but the Saints are a very good rush D--even without Rankins

 

So far this season, the Saints are horrible vs the run.  They are 27th in yards, 28th in yards per carry, and 32nd in run DVOA.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nap Time said:

 

So far this season, the Saints are horrible vs the run.  They are 27th in yards, 28th in yards per carry, and 32nd in run DVOA.

They got back one of the top run stuffing DTs in David Onyemata last week...I would go more by what they did last year, at this point.

But on the road today, I will give you it's not a red flag match-up...

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

They got back one of the top run stuffing DTs in David Onyemata last week...I would go more by what they did last year, at this point.

But on the road today, I will give you it's not a red flag match-up...

 

I'd be more worried if it was in NOLA but NOLA has to travel back to back weeks, and now to Seattle. Carson's week is this week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Dumpster fire. Is the line looking bad, or is he just not breaking free?

He was absolutely trash. He slipped on the turf like 5 times. The blocking also sucked but it was an all around awful performance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The worst part about his fumble is that he did all the right things, even secured with two hands. The moment he went to one hand to brace himself to the turf was the same split second moment the ball was punched out. I'd be more concerned if it was a routine sloppy awful fumble but unfortunately coaching staff needed to yank him even though they didn't see the full play. He didn't play Well though. I'm about to bail on the entire Seahawks running game to begin with. Until their coaching realized they have a really bad defense and need to commit to creative rushing as well as qb rpos, this run game is going to be awful all year. Russell Wilson stock up- running game stock way down. Id probably start Carson again next week 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mjb said:

Idk, did he lose the job today🤷‍♂️

If he didn't lose it completely Penny just took a bigger piece of the pie. One more fumble and he for sure 100% loses the job completely. Idk how comfortable I would feel starting him next week. This was his problem last year too. If it wasn't injury concerns then it was snap concerns etc. Always something with him.

Edited by StevenSC400
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

If he didn't lose it completely Penny just took a bigger piece of the pie. One more fumble and he for sure 100% loses the job completely. Idk how comfortable I would feel starting him next week. This was his problem last year too. If it wasn't injury concerns then it was snap concerns etc. Always something with him.

He only had 3 fumbles last year. Definitely wasn't a problem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oliminator123 said:

He only had 3 fumbles last year. Definitely wasn't a problem. 

I didn't word that right. I wasn't referring to the fumbles I was referring to I never felt safe starting him. This year its fumbles. Last year it was injury concerns or snap count concerns with 3 RBs. It just feels like theres always something with him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Elliot had 6 fumbles last yr. Carson is a violent runner who may be more prone to fumbles, but he definitely has the ability to put up big time performances. As long as he doesn’t fumble anymore, he should be in for a great season. Penny has a soft tissue injury that can linger for a long time. Seahawks love to run and there’s no Davis or Penny in the way. Saints have been solid against run since last season and had something to prove at home after losing Brees and taking a beating. This game didn’t mean much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...